Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

QUEST LIMIT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#1 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:05 PM

Lord Vendredi tells you, 'Whilst I appreciate thy tenacity, Caustic, thou shouldst now focus on bettering thyself for a while. See me when thou hast gained in experience, and I shall have some new tasks for thee.'

I went to another quest master and nothing, I can't quest anymore until I multi... that's what im hearing... why? because I like being first class and questing so now I'm being forced to multi? Because I want to max my stats before I multi?? I like being level 60 and I want to be level 60 and do my quests..

Please change it back so I can quest!

-Caustic-

#2 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:10 PM

Shut up, lamer, and multi.

#3 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:14 PM

Being told how to play the game is half the fun of Materia Magica. What's the other half? I'll tell you when I find it.

#4 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:17 PM

I think that the limit should be brought down to 250 for first classers.

#5 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:17 PM

second class quests are fun too.

#6 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:20 PM

I was told the limit is 850 quests in first class.. so now I have to either multi or I was told find orbs and get marks... just can't quest at all.. because "!"@#"! THE GREAT AND POWERFULL DICATATOR HIMSELF, ***VASSAGO****!#!@# says I've quested too much... This is absurd that I can't play the way I wanna play!

-Caustic-

#7 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:29 PM

The game wasn't meant to be played at level 60 forever.

#8 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:30 PM

How retarded do you need to be to WANT to do 850 quests in first class?

If they fixed first class quests, you wouldn't be hearing such absurd crap.

#9 Guest_nxk_*

Guest_nxk_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:31 PM

I was gonna post this to find out what was going on too... and then Vass talked to me, and I found out. He's now imposed a limit as to how many quests you can do in first class... Extemper found out the hard way too, just a minute ago.

This seriously screws up my planning, because now I'm gonna be a hella lot short on pracs for stuff I wanted to do. But there's nothing I can do about it except roll with the punches, so expect me and a whole lotta other ppl to finally multi soon.

Clearly, Vass hates lvl 60s. X_X

#10 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:34 PM

It's obviously pointless to try and gather any reasonable input from any of you people, the only person that has any sense is Borgmanson. So you don't think it's fun to do more than 850 quests in first class, fine! then don't.. But I happen to like it and I feel that I need to, to be prepared for second class. Why should I be told that I can do X number of quests per class?? that's friggin insane!!

#11 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:39 PM

multi. who the hell needs to max all their crap first class anyway?

#12 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:39 PM

Deal with it. You're bloody lucky he didn't implement my far, far better (and harsher) solution.

#13 Guest_dyran_*

Guest_dyran_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:42 PM

its bullpoo. why does it even matter if someone chooses to stay first class, who the hell does it even harm?

#14 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:42 PM

There is always global quests, though. So you're not all out of luck.

I've always wanted to see questing alternatives that give quest points/practice points on a regular basis like questing does. Doing the same tasks over and over IS BORING, but it's the only way to improve your character. That's the reality of this game.

The intro on this site is now somewhat humorous:

"Welcome to Materia Magica. See where your imagination can take you"
...as long as you don't imagine doing >850 quests in first class 8)

#15 Guest_nxk_*

Guest_nxk_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:43 PM

Max out everything? There's a LOT of things I don't have anywhere near max, including things like throwing and scan.

However, I was still satisfied with my skills. Actually, what I wanted pracs for was sanity and some reserve for next class. I'm going Wiz next class, and I wanna actually be able to cast spells. Is that so much to ask?

Furthermore, I may have done a fair amount of quests, but keep in mind that it's spread out over a long perioid of time. I've had this character for over two years, playing on and off. I'm not sitting down and trying to do 1000 quests in one month or anything.

#16 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:44 PM

In 850 quests you can make nearly 4000 practices and 30000 quest points. That is MORE than enough for ANYONE level 60.

#17 Guest_dyran_*

Guest_dyran_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:46 PM

cut it down to about 2500 to 3400 and your probably closer.

#18 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:49 PM

I would also like to add....

Once again, like a lot of changes, this will only harm the true newbies to this game. Experienced players(those with higher level alts) will be able to afford manuals and Orbs of Vandemaar, as well as knowing to roll higher stats when creating a character and be able to find good leveling gear to keep stats like wisdom and vitality high to obtain better leveling rewards.

#19 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

That's still plenty. Don't forget the 600-1200 you'll also get from levelling.

Then there's... what, 15 marks you can get in first class? 15*40 is 600.

That's plenty to practice all essential skills and spells, train up a few stats, and do some other things. You don't even need the extra 2500+ from questing.

#20 Guest_nxk_*

Guest_nxk_*
  • Guests

Zakainen, what kind of calculations are you doing? You're assuming that we get at least 4 pracs/quest. Uh, maybe you haven't done any first class quests recently, but until you hit lvl 60, your average pracs/quest is more like 2. You'll have far less pracs.

And regardless, when you're extremely proficient in wasting pracs, prac'ing things at the wrong time, and not getting certain key skills (such as second attack) until they cost twice as much as before, you'd be surprised by how fast the pracs disappear.

#21 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:50 PM

out of 46 skills/spells I have 13 practiced.. I've been using most of my pracs on stats and they're not all done either.. but yet because admin tells me I should multi and I can't quest then I guess that's all that matters.. playing the game they think you should?

#22 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:52 PM

Obviously the questmasters have grown tired of first classers pushing them around and asking for quests. With the recent influx of questers, only the strongest will get the job!

Seriously now, what advantage does doing several thousand first class quests give you? You spend hundreds, if not thousands, of hours gathering practices that you cannot even immediately use. Did you plan on never questing again? You have no guarantee that you will ever use the practices; what if you stop playing? Way to not experience most of the game.
850 quests in first class is a huge amount. I only have 1136 quests done. I suck, but I'll bet that I am stronger than your first class character. My stats are not maxed and they don't need to be. Equipment does wonders for that.
It doesn't matter whether it is an alt or a first character; no one should spend an eternity questing in first class.

Yagami

#23 Guest_dyran_*

Guest_dyran_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:58 PM

i would also like to find out if there's a second class quest limit, some of us first class quest whores that are already getting zarked over would like to know if we should already be prepared to have hit the second class ceiling and be nicely screwed for a few years.

#24 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:58 PM

You obviously don't see the point, I WANT to quest it's MY time I'm wasting IM the one with the useless practices IM the one that'll have all the troubles you're talking about.. so why can't I choose to spend my time doing it the way I want to? You really think I'm going to have some tremendous advantage over everyone because I choose to do 1-4 prac quests in first class? but because you seem to think that it's not necessary than that should be the rules!

#25 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:00 PM

ok caustic and nxk...way too be really mean insult the admin..come on.
i dont know what side i choose in this matter, its pissing me off that people are going WACKO, i mean you think insulting vassago is going to get you anywhere lol.
i was going to multi end of july/august and i was really close to doing it. i was gonna do it on my own and not be forced. then again im told im not being forced.
shrug.
oh and dont be naive. there are plenty of reasons to stay in first class.
there are plenty of things youd wnat to practice.
there are plenty of 1 practice quests that i and many others have done.
im sorry if it makes you mad that people are 'camping' 60. but why do you care?
because they ruin the game?
go away.
in the end i think both sides are stupid yay