Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

QUEST LIMIT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#26 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

Yeah man though 1000 certainly is a reasonable limit (I think that's the limit), maybe a 100 quest grace period would help for those that had something in mind to prac while questing for it. I mean, I already have more skills/spells pracced up than say a psi has total (and I'm not at 1000 quests yet) but saving up for the next class would help a lot, and also making quest rewards more proportional to higher classes would help out a lot too and entice more people to multi. Anyways yeah I'm gonna go play the game now 8O

#27 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:08 PM

Found out the limit is 850 and yeah. It'd be nice if there were better ways to get good gold now, anyone know of a good way measly ol me can gather good cash? Arena is expensive! :D :D

#28 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:17 PM

You should take away the limit and make it so level 60+ has to do the new quest system, 2 per QM. Atleast then I can quest and stay level 60.

#29 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:22 PM

Or implement my solution, which would really screw over babies like you.

#30 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:25 PM

or whiners like beu :)

#31 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:28 PM

Only alts who are most likely just doing the same quests over and over again to a huge amount will be hitting this limit.

SOOOOOO NOT TRUE. only is such a bs word

#32 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:33 PM

WAAAHHH!!! WAAAHHH!!! WAAAHHH!!!

#33 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

*pretends to quote alysa*
waaa?

YAY COOL

#34 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:42 PM

Actually, it does occur that my solution would have meant that you pathetic children wouldn't have been able to throw this tantrum, which would have prevented me from making fun of you sad greedy uninformed losers. I'd forgotten that slight downside.

#35 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:44 PM

wow that was a sad response.
thanks for caring alysa lol.
*throw a tantrum at you*
damn i should rp more often lol

#36 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:48 PM

Hey I am a level 60 quester and i think the quest limit is great it encourages me and people like me to multi. I am very very glad they finally did something about this. I think people should take take more consideration in what they practice and perhaps make more then one character to experience these.
So all in all i'm very excited and happy about this it brings more life to the game :lol:

#37 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:48 PM

Literacy = GOOD!!

Seriously, you need to do more than end every other sentence with 'lol' to have a fraction of Wildsouls charm.

You currently sound as if your meds are somewhat over prescribed.

#38 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:50 PM

im sorry alysa, ill promise to take more time in writing on these message boards because they are ooh so important...
you want literacy, shove a book up my butt

#39 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:53 PM

This is rediculus!

I love staying first class, not for the quests, but for the RolePlaying! What kind of self respecting Monk would leave his beliefs behind (unless he lost his Faith (which i don't plan on doing *does a little prayer to Dira*))

Even though i can't quest, i refuse to multi, i built my charecter on the concept of staying firts class, and i plan to follow it, wheather i can now not max stats or all the spells i want anyway :evil:

I do hope you realize 1st class tournaments are gunna die frmo this, only cavaliers will win (maybe reaL good valkries) no mage could have enough hp to beat a caval (which is what i was working on doing before i was so rudly interuped)

and this is nothign for the fighters, they barby have anythignto prac, hugh hp, high stamina, not very many thigns ot practice, but for mages and clerics (especially rangers), 850 isn't enough, i've been questing for a good year now and i STILL can't beat a newbie cavalier..having cure blinds and silencing rods below lvl 65 screws everything up..well maybe not cure blinds..they should juts be mroe expensive..since the only way a mage/cleric can beta a fighhter is.guess what?..WITH MAGIC!

ok i'm done rambling..point across..but i Multi when I'M ready, not when someone tells me to

*likes to STAY monk* just like Vassago seems to like being a PURE wizard..if he didn't have his funky powers i'm sure he'd be a first classer tooo!..(or would cheat and let him stay wizard while still attaining levels)but i can't say for sure becaus ei'm not him..till then, i'll be singing the, "Lady Undya hates me now blues :cry: "

#40 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:58 PM

heh reading that over again i see alot of spelling mistakes, i think if silencing rods don't get moved ot lvl 66, there should ATLEAST be a rod that neutralizes 2nd attack, 3rd atatck, lance, spear, and axe, then even a silenced wizard stands a SMALL chanch of winning.

#41 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:22 PM

THERE IS NO NEED TO STAY FIRST CLASS FOREVER.

#42 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:27 PM

Well if someone wants to do that just for fun then whatever, let them. This just takes something away from someone who wishes to do so. No big deal I guess... not many want to stay first class forever anyways.

#43 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:40 PM

how do you think you'd feel is they all of a sudden said "Archons don't need to quest anymore" and take awya your questing ability too!..well it wouldn't be as bad because you can still get orbs..WE CAN'T..

If you say there is NO reaosn to stay first class, your an idiot..

#44 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:44 PM

Don't say "your and idiot" with at least using proper grammar! You kill yourself in an arguement that way :D .

#45 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:46 PM

excuse me, my typing is off today..hard to type when pulsating with rage..standing in Lady Undya's room isn't much fun anymore..

#46 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:52 PM

grammer has nothing to do with this , ppl are VERY VERY mad and upset about this more as moronic change.
there are many many reasons some of us deside to never multi.

it's like wolvie says take away questing from Archons see what they say then

#47 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:01 PM

You don't care because the change doesn't effect you, all you people say is " you dont need that many quests in first class" is that the point? NO the point is I don't like being controlled, every day we're somehow controlled in real life, this is supposed to be an escape from reality, sure common sense rules apply but what purpose does this serve? You don't care if I'm doing my measly 1-4 practice quests in first class.. well I do! The only people this will effect is the first classers that strive for perfection, so call me lame and tell me to multi because that is obviously all you can do, give in to this absurd dictatorship and be limited into the ground.. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the immortals by that, im just saying come on! let me have my crappy first class quests and leave me be!

#48 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:02 PM

The only people I have seen stay first class are alts who are trying to gain in power and take advantage of the first class's lower practice thing. It is being abused and it needs to stop. The game isn't designed for people to have first class characters with 2000 hit points.

You all know there isn't a legitimate reason for it, so stop trying to justify it. You're all alts, this isn't "hurting newbies" or anyone of the sort, it is keeping you from abusing the game's predisposition to lower-level characters.

#49 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:07 PM

yeah Im an alt, questing a lot in first class was my goal WAY before your quest change, make people do 2 per QM after the 850 limit then.. you don't wanna listen to that oh no! you wanna tell me Im abusing the system.. Im an alt because I seriously screwed my first character up so I decided to finally make a decent one after all these years, I figured out what I need to do in first class so that I wouldn't have to struggle through my other classes, im not abusing anything.

#50 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:07 PM

You're all alts, this isn't "hurting newbies" or anyone of the sort, it is keeping you from abusing the game's predisposition to lower-level characters.

HEEEeey!! We aren't ALL alts! That's mean! I am not an alt and I'm proud of it! So don't say that people who try to get one class down before starting another are all alts of big bad mobs. I may have played the game before, but this is my main and most powerful character, so don't say all of us are alts it's mean and untrue! And I am very proud to be a newbie! In fact I was just called one again earlier today :D .