Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

QUEST LIMIT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#51 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:08 PM

I think a listing in the Updates might have helped :P Not listing something serious like this tends to annoy the people it affects...not to mention the amount of prays you probably got about this by people finding out on their own and thinking it to be a bug.

#52 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:09 PM

You guys need to realize a few things. I did quest a lot in the first class. Like 545 quests i think.

However, You would have plenty of pracs from 850 quests to get all you proficiencies or at least all the ones that are even remotely important. Stats and hp/st/sp are all constant nomatter what level you are. (with the exception of your prime stat). You guys aren't dumb for wanting to max your stats... your dumb because it will take 3 times longer in the first class then in a higher class. You do quests that average at maybe 3 pracs per quest. Im a second classer and i do quests that average 5 pracs so why don't you wait to do stats when it takes less time and handle those proficencies. I know its too late for some of you and for that i have to say sorry...but you should have planned better.

Oh and last i checked there was no limit on quests for the second class. I saw one of the leaders of second class' stats and pro and he had every pro at 75% or higher and every stat except 2 maxed. He had around 2700 quests done. I don't see a limit there.

Oh and stop whinning. You already insulted vass so whinning will get you nowhere now.

Wow. Im shocked i agree with alysa on something. 8O

#53 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:11 PM

Sorry for putting my last post in such a mean way, but I think that would be a sensible solution, please hear me out.

Once you hit your 850 limit, make it so the new quest system kicks in and you have to quest the way everyone else level 61+ has to. That would stop this "abuse" and let the people that like staying level 60, stay level 60.

Please consider this.

-Caustic-

#54 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:12 PM

There should be caps on every class save archon.

If not caps, then have increasingly difficult quests available every so often. A lot that involve CPK, especially.

#55 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:17 PM

Wolvie is my mian character@! I use him everyday, even for the hours inbetwene quest sets! i have a 3rd classer, i don't us ehim at all, he doens't even quest!

I think you should atleast make some special town where lvl 60s can go and quets forver, so we are out of the oh so important 2nd/3rd/4th/and archons..it seems we are juts so insignificant..i must admit, people are using it for the nice quests, but not ALL of us!, i mean, eventually i would be cmpletely maxed, but i'd take a few years, and i could do it just as easily in 1nd class, but i'd have mroe skills..

#56 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:20 PM

It's sad that people will abuse this system of staying level 60 and questing, but I think my solution would fix that because there wouldn't be a point to abusing the "7 non-stop" questing, after your 850 limit. Please don't assume everyone is evil and out to abuse everything, that wasn't my intention, do I have 2000 hp? I have 600, and im just trying to get some of the basics out of the way, that's all.

-Caustic-

#57 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:22 PM

You hurt my feelings! About the limit: whatever 850 is lots anyways. That's like several hundreds of hours of play. Coulda gave some warning though to be polite but oh well maybe next time :D .

#58 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:24 PM

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Am I hallucinating or did a Vassago post dissappear? Man, I need more sleep or something!

#59 Guest_wolvie_*

Guest_wolvie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:26 PM

And for the peopel that abuse 1st class quests for the QP..will just continue to make new alts when one gets to 850 quests..

#60 Durova

Durova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:36 PM

You're all alts, this isn't "hurting newbies" or anyone of the sort,

Begging your pardon, I'm not an alt either.

I think it's fair to say that alts will:
1. Know where to get first class marks.
2. Prioritize training better than new players.

By the time a first class character gets anywhere near 850 quests they reach level 60. Half of their quests still return first class rewards while all of their skills and spells train at second class practice ratios. Respectfully, I think that was already penalty enough.

#61 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:38 PM

By God, Vass! Please tell me you put up a post earlier! I'm starting to doubt my sanity even more!

8O

#62 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:41 PM

Vass please tell me if you'll consider my idea of making it so after your limit you then switch over to the new quest system, I know you won't completely make it the way it was before, with no limit, but I don't think my idea is that bad.

-Caustic-

#63 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:57 PM

Quit your whining and play the game, damn.

#64 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:04 PM

Zakaine don't tell US what to do , some of us are very mad and do not wish to multi we wish to be able to play this game the way WE want not the way you and all other non lvl 60 order us to do
you don't need to read this post you know you can just ignore this whole thing those of us who are mad about this moronic change wane say our word period

#65 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:07 PM

Zakainen is only skilled in making these ad hominem arguments. He obviously doesn't have anything constructive to say, probably because he's too simple-minded, so he'd rather bash us because we like questing and being first classers.

No one thinks you're cool Zakainen, you are showing how much of a complete idiot you are.

-Caustic-

#66 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:22 PM

You're only first classers because you're all too suck to handle anything beyond first class. Heaven forbid you actually try to explore and play the real game.

#67 Ascent

Ascent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:33 PM

i kill all you losers who have liek 5000 quests and my char has like 420 quets, quests mean nothing, multi and stop bein gay

#68 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:34 PM

You guys are so zarked up. Zakainen is right. Alysa is right. Vassago is right. Everyone else is WRONG. Anyone who sits at the edge of first or second class waiting around killing other players who are pretty much newbies is a total loser. I don't care what your "plans" were, you have to deal with the rules.

I said once before that you quest botters will vanish into thin air when you archon, and I have yet to see anyone prove me wrong. Every one of you sucks, and can't compete against a real PK'er who has spent time polishing all five classes worth of skills.

#69 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:34 PM

yo first classers. i'll give the first one of you to send me a tell all the tourms i have. that's around 230. multi and quit your bitching. then you can quest all you want second class and camp 120 and be a 'leet quest whore' like the rest of the class campers. now shut the hell up.

#70 Ascent

Ascent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:37 PM

btw i thik zak is cool

#71 Caustic

Caustic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:40 PM

Do any of you understand the concept of what I'm saying? So the change doesn't directly effect you, so make fun of it, call me a loser because I don't just up and multi because your thoughts are that I don't need that many quests. If there was a change adapted to your situation limiting you to do something you wanted to do you'd feel completely different, but for some reason you can't see that concept, you allow things to be taken away without saying anything because they dont effect you. Well I'm sorry this time it matters and I've made a good suggestion to take care of this "abuse" that I've been accused of because I play the game my own way.

#72 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:42 PM

I said once before that you quest botters will vanish into thin air when you archon, and I have yet to see anyone prove me wrong. Every one of you sucks, and can't compete against a real PK'er who has spent time polishing all five classes worth of skills.

I have to agree 110% here. People who refuse to multi are obviously incapable of learning strategy and skill, and assume that attack/bash is the only one to PK. They're completely missing out on the whole unique and extraordinary pk system that's been developed.

You people need to quit wussing out. You want such a good character, obviously you want to PK. There's no point in having a 'perfect' character unless you are planning to. Learn to pk, you don't need a character that's perfect to do so.

#73 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:46 PM

uh, we kinda had a change that effected us too, ya know? and there are mixed opinions as to whether or not it was a good change. so when you get the tourms you multi, then we'll talk.

#74 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:46 PM

I love generalizations :D .

#75 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:49 PM

I don't need that many quests.

I've made a good suggestion to take care of this "abuse"

If you dropped the surrounding text around the first quote, you'd be right.

YOU DON'T NEED THAT MANY DAMN QUESTS

Just because you think a suggestion you made is good because it benefits you, doesn't make it good.

There's no reason that first classers need to do 850 quests, let alone more. Just because you can't handle higher level activities doesn't mean that you should be able to cower and hide under your level 60 shelter forever. Multi, get out there, explore the game, learn what to do. Quit being such losers.