Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

First Class Questing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:50 PM

Hi

I'm requesting that the rewards of first class questing be toned down. Why? I don't see it fair that first classers are able to do quests that give rewards as good as 180-archon quests, when they require much less effort, risk, and are just flat out easier. There should be a cap on first class questing, maybe 4 pracs, but even then, that would rival some archon quests.

It's already easy enough for first classers to get enough practices. There are at least 15 marks they can get, decent level ups, free practices from certain places. Quest camping was meant to be discouraged, I'm sure this would definitely fix most problems.

#2 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:56 PM

4,5, and the rare 6 was fine for first class

i love the high rewards as a person with plenty of alts, but it really is a tad excessive when the 60's can do the same rewarding quests as 2nd or 3rd in less than half the time(not that my alts mind)

#3 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:59 PM

Apparently, there are tons of 6-8 prac quests in first class from what I've heard. I don't think this should be happening.

#4 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

:)

Nice to see you here.

Most first class quests give between 1-3 pracs.
In Sigil. Few people quest in New Rigel, those that do get the most pracs (closely followed by Rune), in exchange for having to wait on the gondala and the occasional trip to pk. Ive been pked on two quests, and killed by mobs in pk many other times

I agree that perhaps the quest awards shouldnt be so high, but then the pracs needed shouldnt increase either.

I used nearly 500 pracs on blindfighting alone.

BTW i have 18 marks, dont know how many have been changed, but i have 18, and i missed Wisdom.

And there are not many free prac areas. Just Acron, once per reboot, and the arena (for all classers).

Lonny

#5 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:02 PM

i don't think there are a ton, but there are many more than there used to be, although at least in xav there were a few that were upped that still aren't enough for what they ask of lowbies :D

#6 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:04 PM

I still fail to see why people do quests in first class, since it takes me about 2-5 minutes to do a level 180 quest and get 2-3x the rewards.

Zakainen, if you can do a third class quest worth 14-21 pracs, let me know

That's plenty of proof that there are quests worth way more than they should be. I think a 4 prac cap would be fine.

#7 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:05 PM

BTW i have 18 marks, dont know how many have been changed, but i have 18, and i missed Wisdom.

And there are not many free prac areas. Just Acron, once per reboot, and the arena (for all classers).

I said 15, cause that's a good average number of marks that's able to be gotten in first class.

There are more free prac areas, I just found out about one the other day. Maybe if you explored instead of complaining and questing 24/7, you'd find them too.

#8 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:15 PM

Didnt say i knew everything.
Might exist, might not, might only be for higher levels. You know that you cant do then outside of certain level ranges.

You obviously dont read my posts, since most of them are about my exploring and asking questions.

Lonny

#9 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:18 PM

I don't usually read posts by stupid people.

And the places I'm talking about ARE for lower levels, thanks. I had hoped you would have enough common sense to realize that since this post was directed towards lower levels, all the information contained within would also be for lower levels. I guess I was mistaken.

#10 Herculoid

Herculoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:17 PM

Apparently, there are tons of 6-8 prac quests in first class from what I've heard. I don't think this should be happening.

I don't usually read threads started by stupid people.

And the people that I'm referring to are real stupid ones. I had hoped people would have enough common sense to realize that since this stupid thread was started by a real stupid person, all the information contained within would also be for stupid people. I guess I was mistaken. It's a good joke relief as well.

It gave me a good laugh :twisted:

#11 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:18 PM

Oh,
Mudslinging
How original.

Since you learned of it recently, and you are an archon, my guess is you do not know the exact level ranges of the 'free prac'.

If i am mistaken, and you have two alts one at either end to check the spectrum, or if youve talked to someone who has, my apologies.

But i assume, that since you are of a Much Higher Level, that you might not know the exacts of some of the lower stuff.

For example, if you are too high a level to enter an area, they dont say

You are two levels too high to enter here.

although if you are to low

You must be lower 100 to enter here.

Perhaps you could enlighten those of us still low enough to check it for you?
I dont really care, but its up to you.

Lonny

#12 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:52 PM

There is no problem. The highly rewarding first classer quests require a lot of work FOR A FIRST CLASSER, NOT AN ARCHON.

The lowly rewarding archon quests many times don't even require going into PK.

#13 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:34 PM

I dont know if a cap should be set, but i do agree some quests are over rewarding and require little effort. Some of the quests need to be looked over. Not just in the first class..

#14 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:28 AM

don't you think it's time you cry baby's stop complaining and mind your own freaking business.

i really think there neads to come a dern cap to archon questing it's just totally unneeded they get to quest as much they like
2K quest is uber enough for a archon after all why would they need that much anyways let them go be usefull and kill some hunters *MOST* archons are useless people any ways as they just sit and act like silly little cry baby's.

if it bothers you guys so much go create your own mud with your own rules etc etc

#15 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:09 AM

Haley, it's nice to see you're still putting down your.. thought processes?... I think it's sweet that you wanna play at literacy. I might start a project :roll:

Zak: Far too generous kiddo. I reckon 0-2 would be more than sufficient, as I outlined in some detail elsewhere.

#16 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:49 AM

Alya as i said before go create your own mud , your own rules , your own msg boards then you have the right to order around others untill then stuff it.

#17 Sii

Sii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:35 AM

Haley, Alysa commended you for your attempts at litteracy. You told her to stuff it. Who's ordering who around?

#18 Guest_dwyn_*

Guest_dwyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:00 AM

Youve got to remember first class is when people gain the majority of their skills for use in MM.

Also if you cut the rewards to sharply it just may put new players off.

putting every single class on 0-2 pracs per quest is kinda harsh, as you gain levels questing no longer becomes a priority because you have the stamina and strength not to mention extra skills that allows you to complete quests easier as well as gain money from mobs on an easier basis.

#19 Mithril

Mithril

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:12 AM

like borgmanson said..the higher reward first class quests are for FIRST classers not ARCHONS.

i quest in rune and they highest reward i have seen is 5 pracs so far... :D

Mithril

#20 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:56 AM

Why would prac rewards be lowered...? Quests are worth maybe 1% of a skill each quest, 2% if you are lucky. Even in first class. You hit level 60, and prac costs increase, doubling or sometimes tripling. A 3-prac quest means 1%. Or less, even, depending on the skill.

Now from clannies I have heard of people getting stuff like a 3-prac quest in third class, which is ridiculous. This means that if one wishes to practice these new skills they get from their classes, they need to quest a lot. So, I propose perhaps a short going-over of upper class quests and making it worthwhile to obtain the level necessary to complete such quests. This would be a positive change to encourage earning higher levels and also lighten the frustration that comes with earning so many skills but not being able to practice them until you reach levels when you have to spend even more per % while earning less practices per level and leveling slower than ever before.

#21 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 11:25 AM

how about we delete all first classers? that will surely make them multi... :roll:
why dont more people sumbit quests that they believe to be an appropriate reward for the work. these 7 practice quests are already rare and can become much rarer if you do so.
quests are too low. whine
quests are too high. whine
quests arent challenging enough. whine
wtf go write some quests and make some dd

#22 Guest_kylan_*

Guest_kylan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2003 - 04:34 PM

I've tried writing a few quests for second class and up that have much higher erewards to compensate for these completely insane first class rewards, I just don't know if they've been acceptable or if Vass wants to stay away from quests ending up with like 100+qp and 10+ pracs. And whoever said that people get most of their skills in first clas.. I got 9 skills and 20 something spells, some of which are worthless. In first class they are much cheaper than other classes too. You're likely to spend only 75-150 pracs, maybe a few more, training things in first class. I spent 300-400 pracs each training two skills in VERY early second class. And questing in sigil, those 2 prac quests to vospy and dio are pathetic and worthless. First classers get good enough rewards as it is, other classes need more.

#23 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:36 PM

as i said before go create your own mud , your own rules , your own msg boards

How odd. Logic for a minute. As somebody that freely admits to loving the game, and enjoying myself here - why should I? Whereas you, who freely admit to hating it here, and confessing to a desire to cause arguments? Why should you remain, while the fans leave? I think that's somewhat flawed love?

Dwyn: It's a basic reward/time calculation. It can't be invalidated - feel free to try.

#24 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 05:37 PM

URGE TO KILL HALEY RISING...

#25 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 06:43 PM

*tries to make sense of what haley said*
i think she was not referring to the love of the game, but the suggestions you make. She may feel that you unplausable suggestions are unwarranted and stupid. and if you want them to be implemented so badly you should make your own game.
then again she could be saying stuff it. whatever :)