Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

First Class Questing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#51 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:21 AM

BTW I was just told that i have been misinformed about the cost of the decanter.

I seem to remember it being cheaper, but that may have been the unlimited quests talking.

If im wrong, i apologize.

Lonny

#52 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:25 AM

alysa, i tend to agree with u --so what do u think of nicias's suggestion that the quest levels be raised from 60 to 120 to 61 to 120 so that first classers cant get the best of 2nd class quests at level 60

#53 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:00 AM

Decanters used to be only 2500

You focus your powers of observation on 'a decanter of endless water':
Item 'a decanter of endless water' is type fountain, alignment 0, made of crystal,
and has keywords 'decanter endless water'.
This item weighs 0 stones and 50 pebbles, and is valued at 2500 gp.
This level 10 item has the attributes: none fireproof nonmetal magic-resistant no-dispel
A decanter of endless water is in excellent condition.
This item is filled with water.

#54 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:40 PM

ff: tip of the iceberg, doesn't even approach the fixes that will solve the problems - but every little helps. And it would be a little help.

I support it as a step, not as a solution.

#55 Ciali

Ciali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:37 PM

The way I see it, some first class quests get higher rewards than they should. I agree with that. But some get lower rewards than they should. I've only ever come across one 6 prac quest, and I think I died before finishing it. They're not as common as some of you seem to think -- then again, I dont quest in templeton. But it'll never be perfect. So if some are lower and some are higher than they should be, maybe they'll even out.

I also like the suggestion of changing it to 61-120 and 121-180.

A 4 prac cap wouldnt be bad for first class questing. I dont know that its necessary because quests with higher rewards dont come along more than once a blue moon. At least, not to me. But still, not a bad idea.

#56 Ciali

Ciali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:39 PM

After all, as people have already pointed out, these are for first classers. What seems easy to higher levels is not always easy for first classers, especially depending on your class choice.

#57 Vadriewyn

Vadriewyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:36 AM

chnging the quest lvl range frm 60 to 61 wld help. but if u quest in telle/temp u'd realise many 1st class quests are 6 pracs and above. no (quote) "cherry picking" involved. I've seen many 1st classers do 6 prac and above quests vv frequently. Some even decide to do ONLY quests above 5 pracs. As such i think only the 1st class quests in Telle/Temp need to be addressed.

As a lvl120 char i've always avaraged 4-5 pracs. 6 pracs come once every 7 quests on average. Since the bonus on 6th and 7th quest got removed, i've nv gotten any quest above 6 pracs from Lord Telleri or Lady Templeton. In fact 3 pracs come too often!

I say we do something abt those 1st class quests since they only need 1-2 pracs for each prof/spell %. Any 1st classer who wants to max their vit/wis/know/etc... shld earn their pracs the way all others earn theirs.

#58 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:42 AM

Just for note, some skills in the first class costed me more than 2 practices.

I still dislike the idea of a cap. Instead, quests that over/under reward should be fixed. I have done first class quests that were more difficult than highbie quests. These quests required waiting through multiple repops, and travelling around the world, ect. If they didnt give a decent reward, people would just turn them in since they were overly difficult.

about the 120 to 121 thing, this would lower how many quests were in a quest pool. (it is a bad idea to mess with some areas.)

#59 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:38 PM

Yeah but they are at level 60 and are not very common.

#60 Awen

Awen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:04 AM

considering that i've had to pay 4 pp / percent for quite a few skills as a lvl 60 ranger... =P

#61 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:53 AM

How many of those skills could you have practiced before level 60?

#62 Vespertine

Vespertine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:26 PM

Questing is for losers

#63 Awen

Awen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:47 AM

*shrug* not a lot. didn't get most of them till i was 60, but that's prolly partly due to the fact that my knowledge wasn't maxed for several levels. let's see for my next char.

#64 Akurei

Akurei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 01:20 PM

Questing is for losers

Im afraid if questing is for losers then im a big loser. Questing is the only way to get a lot of pracs, and you can buy nifty items.

#65 Guest_katatonia_*

Guest_katatonia_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:37 PM

From my experiences stats do not affect your pcc's until level 60. Only your class(es).

#66 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 12:09 PM

Awen the last post is correct...

As for all you that use "it costs like 4 pracs a % when im at level 60" we are talking about how cheap stuff is before level..if you camp level 60 instead of doing that stuff before level then you are asking to pay more.( this doesn't apply to stuff you get at level 60)

#67 Awen

Awen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:52 AM

and yeah, i'm talking about the stuff i get at 60, since my stats don't affect the complexity. which really sucks since i pay 2 pp for valk blind fighting, but 4 for ranger. then again, i get 1 pp scan while cavs have to pay 3 :mrgreen:

#68 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:32 AM

I think a good portion of the good frst class skills were costing over 2. (third attack, bash, ect...)
Also, now, doesnt the game use a sliding cost range. It doesnt just jump at level 60, suposedly.

#69 Weeble

Weeble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 12:07 PM

Haley, I ride english too and am familiar with the olympic show jump team, but I don't see you in the team photos. :(

#70 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:38 PM

I got my last four skills at 60, I had practiced everything else before 50.

Until 50, everything was 1 pp per %

At sixty everything cost at least 3 pp per %

BTW Halfling Rogue.

Lonny

#71 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:43 PM

Weeble , that's because i'm in Europe and not in the US

#72 Weeble

Weeble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:43 PM

Out of those 4 spells, you really only need practice one, Room Shield. The other 3 are considered secondary spells.

#73 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:55 PM

Weeble,

What the hell?

Lonny

#74 Guest_tehar_*

Guest_tehar_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:28 PM

Nicias, the quest limit for first classers is 1000, not 850. Everybody seems to think it's 850 for some reason, but I was able to surpass that, and it stopped me at 1000.

#75 Rifty

Rifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:38 PM

ok well i no there are like 4 10 prac quests for first classers but they do require some effort such as going to verity and killing mobs, traveling all over the globe killing tuff mobs for those lowbies and even some taking them into npk but i don't think anyone cares who spend 100% of there time on quests besides the lower levels i think first class should get less quests perday cause there new to the game and need to explore not just sit around and do easy quests