Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

First Class Questing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#101 Alger

Alger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 01:34 AM

Temp, 10-59 avg would be 3 when you hit 60 then it goes up but thats when the cost for training goes up also. I do believe i said that before on this thread.

Alysa i have a question i recall you saying before that quests arent really about pp... and you go they're for qp or something like that, and we shouldnt even care about the pp coz its a bonus. So why do you care so much on how much pracs lowbies are getting since were not suppose to care in the beginning anywayz? I'm not attacking you but i am curious. hmmm... I think ill go dig that up.

#102 Akurei

Akurei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:35 AM

I personally quest for qp and pp, the gold is nice too :P I want as much QP as i can get so I can purchase the other various quest items I would like to have but don't at the moment, and I need pracs to train my skills and what not. Also questing isn't too bad. Though it IS rather time consuming it really does pay off.

#103 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 04:58 AM

Alger: You'd prolly regret that, as it would show the vagaries of your memory.

Practice points are a BONUS, newbs are GREEDY. I care, because the BONUS is everywhere, and it's higher in real terms for newbs. I've always been quite clear about it.

Quest rewards are fubar.

#104 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:00 AM

Oh, and you can read the word 'newbs' in that instance as being inclusive of the phrase 'and alts of the unskilled and/or unintelligent'

#105 Awen

Awen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:51 AM

dunno how many if it's 35 scc or otherwise, but one of my chars went valk first, bard second... didn't realise till i multied that i couldn't use recall scrolls :cry:

#106 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 07:00 AM

Alger , just ignore alysa he's just a poor sad guy that needs to nag about every thing , does alot of imm a$$kissing etc etc you get the picture.

#107 Guest_dogman_*

Guest_dogman_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:59 AM

I sooooo dont get all of your problems. YOU WERE ALL FIRST CLASS ONCE! THAT MEANS YOU ALL POTENTIALLY 1. Maxed your stats and 2. Lvl 60 camped. If you didnt/forgot to/werent smart enough to then THATS NOT EVERYONE ELSES PROBLEM. 1st classers cant kill the best mobs, and get the best equipment,and when/if they do, they get CPKed by the Archons. Stop complaining! Either 1. Go make your own MUD or 2. Remort/make an alt and take advantage!

#108 Guest_alysa_*

Guest_alysa_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:20 PM

Haley: *gclap* You're now as retarded as Extemper and Bokonon. Bet you're proud.

Retard name: The screwed up, inflated rewards are a RECENT phenonemon, that has become noticeable over the last couple of years. Alts and remorts are for losers. People have no self pride these days. :roll:

#109 Akurei

Akurei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:26 PM

Ok, I will admit I was first class for about 1-2 months and did 349 quests. But as soon as I got 349 quests I multied. I don't care to camp first class forever. Second class is much funer :D you can do more. I have done about 1000 more quests in second class and maxed 5 stats along with all my necessary skills/spells. I am currently questing to save pracs for when I do multiclass into a monk so I can max a few skills as soon as I obtain them. Though people that do nearly 1000 or so quests in first class annoy me 1. Because they abuse something thats very easy 2. I don't see how they don't get bored. As soon as I hit my 349 quest goal I was soo ready to become strong than only level 60. At 120 right now coming to an end of second class I am excited for whats in store for me in the near future as a monk.

#110 Alger

Alger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 06:38 PM

Alysa you said rewards again... remember 4-5 posts ago? BONUS... or are we talking about getting too much qp?

Just following that bonus thing... so they're a gift. Hehe you know what this sounds like to me with that train of thought. Older sibling complaining the youngest got a better gift for christmas. Hey it aint fair oldest goes to school, has harder homework and has a harder life as it seems and all the youngest does is stay at home, watch some cartoon channel and act cute. It so aint fair oldest puts more effort in life he shoudl get the better gifts. ~cry~

Class camping again... i dont know why you guys are so obsessed with this topic. Let me ask you guys aight. What is the point of this game? Obviously its not to stay first class forever or questing, neither is it becoming the strongest or the richest. Its not becoming Archon and its deffinitely not pk. MM is an RP game, an alternate world a means of play and escape for the stress we have in rl. In a sense those above reasons would be like saying in rl I want to be young forever, life is about work, or i want to be the strongest or richest. I want to become old or i want to kill everybody. Very superficial goals, in the end i believe none of that matters really and the game just becomes what any game becomes. A social gathering where people play, show the value of camaraderie, and meet people.

First class camping was abused... but now they've put a limit to it. Enough, let the people play as they want to play. Some want to be an archon some want to be a lowbie, who cares. Personally i dont play this game to best any of you i just enjoy talkin with people, seeing things with people and in the meantime im just sitting back, chillin, taking my time. That is why its called playin isnt it?

#111 Akurei

Akurei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:35 AM

Well I was playing an alt tonight and now I have proof first class questing is WAY to easy...take a look at this quest:

This quest is called 'Kill Annoying Creatures', for Adventurers levels 20 to 40.
Lord Agrippa is the master in charge of this quest.
Description of Kill Annoying Creatures:
Several creatures and persons have annoyed Lord Agrippa very badly, in
fact he has proclaimed that the world will be a better place without them.
Your duty is to find these miscreants and rid our world of their loathsome
presence. These beings have been seen roaming the fair streets of Rune or
hiding out in Rune Forest.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 60 quest points, 5 practice points, 42000 experience points, and 3000 gold pieces.
You have 277 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Kill Annoying Creatures consists of:
Phase 1: *Defeat the beggar.
Phase 2: *Defeat a giant soldier ant.
Phase 3: *Defeat a savage pike.
Phase 4: *Defeat the bag lady.
Phase 5: *Defeat a gardener.
Phase 6: *Visit the cityguard.

You hardly do anything for 60 qp and 5 practices! If this was a 120-150 quest it would be worth like... 15 qp 1 prac. Its ridiculous how easy these quests are. I mean, it is very cool that my alt can get quests like this, though I wish it was this easy for any character.

#112 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:37 AM

That quest is also outside the level 60 camp range, and how many 2-3 pracs quests did you get to get this one?

Think about being level twenty...

with less than 200 hps and st...

going to another city, into a dark area, and into the water.

I know some true newbies, this is a quest for people at their first character.

Remember first class quests arent made for alts, they are made for people in their first time playing the game.

Lonny

#113 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 09:05 AM

First class quests are made for anyone who is a first classer whether or not they are an alt.

#114 Akurei

Akurei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 02:18 PM

Agrees...first class quests are for anyone first class. Though it is out of the level 60 range, there are many first classers that only quest level, so between levels 20-40 they could have this quest and many alike multiple times.

#115 Olf

Olf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 02:21 PM

Well if there were more things to do in the game...

#116 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:29 AM

Like level up, grow big, and slaughter some other players???