Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

An endowed charitable foundation!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:52 PM

hi

i want to celebrate prosperity and give something back to the game, so i am creating a charitable foundation and endowing it with some of my gold

im going to try it for a week, and if it's fun and helpful, then ill keep it..

*this foundation is open for first classers only
*its not for alts of powerful enough people to dont need a helping hand
*ill dispense cash gifts of up to 100000 gold
*id like u to post here as to why u need the cash and the amount such as to buy this eq or save for a wedding or pay for ganuk tokens etc
*i have banks in all the towns, so ill transfer the cash to u
*dont bombard me with tells, ill check be boards from time to time

#2 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 06:12 PM

I need cash because I only have 40k to my name and all the other 4th classers laugh at me.

#3 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

well, i really intended this for new players, but i hate seeing a great player down on his luck, so here is 100000 gold! best wishes!

#4 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:08 PM

That's awfully thoughtful. But I don't plan on logging on anytime soon, so never mind.

#5 Guest_ramus_*

Guest_ramus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:43 PM

I need gold because im only level 38 and I never have enough money to win a good axe, ring, or belt from the auctions. :oops:

#6 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:45 PM

I need gold because I died in a cof in Cpk and lost all my bags and most of my armor. I need your help :(

#7 Argon

Argon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:51 PM

I need gold cause i just plan suck at this game.

#8 Guest_triskal_*

Guest_triskal_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:53 PM

Hiya Furryfoot, I need gold! I can't afford weapons and armor. I haven't had a decent meal in days...just gettin by on fountain water...please help!
Thanks! Triskal

#9 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:58 PM

You didn't get cpked :(

#10 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:02 PM

ramus, i am giving u 50000 gold...

try to get to dungeon wroth north of new rigel, there are axes there and if u sac a dark spear off a skelton, u can get 600 gold

a day there will give u the experience u need and more gold to get a good start on the game

#11 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:05 PM

extemper, i have spare overlord armor that i will mail u asap, also here is 100000 gold so that u can buy a bag off auction

id suggest going to vir via portal and get the deep dweller bag that is good capacity and only 25000 in the shop, i think...

dont forget to take a day and camp the dragon at irda isle for all the dragon eq, which is great for 75 75 75 75 armor in cpk

best wishes!

#12 Guest_ramus_*

Guest_ramus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:07 PM

Thank you very much, I left a nice comment on your name. ^^ If you ever need something that only someone as low as me can do im your ogre. :P lol

Thanks again. Im going to try that dungeon later tonight.

#13 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:07 PM

argon,

im giving u 25000 gold so u can just get a basic start in the game...

i suggest that u focus on questing in sigil so that u can learn one town well and gain gold, xp, and practs...

i started there years ago killing 100 goblins a day for the goblin slayer, and after many weeks of hard work i had enough gold to get a house and move on

gl!

#14 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:09 PM

triskal,

the hi cost of food everywhere is a tragedy--and who wants to live off the cannibalistic scraps---yukk!

im awarding u 100000 gold so u can dine on cake at arthurs coffee and cake in sigil!

take care, and i hope this helps u get a leg up out of laslar!

#15 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:14 PM

argon, after talking to u, im awaring u an additional 75000 for the full 100000---dont give up, the game is really worth it to play!

#16 Argon

Argon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:20 PM

Thanks Furryfoot you are a great person. :mrgreen:

To bad i didnt get to meet you in person.

#17 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:21 PM

I need gold because my alt is poor....please help mr furryfoot please....also deadsilent saced most of his gear

#18 Guest_kiyala_*

Guest_kiyala_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:21 PM

i need gold because im a priestess, and it feels like its so hard to level and do things by myself! when im with others i never get much gold though :cry: thank you for anything you can spare

#19 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:27 PM

kiyala, im giving u 100000 gold---

i chose priest over the druid class, which is better in PK, because i like the word of recall travel spell and being able to heal others in my form...

if u stick with it, ull find that the priest class is great for playing and helping ur friends...

for u, id suggest spending a day at the town of lowangen far east of rune and new rigel... it is a easy town with 200-300 gold per kill at ur level...

also the archers at the top of the town have longbows that u can sac for 200 more gold per kill

use some of the gold im awarding u to take the iron worm there...

#20 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:30 PM

skitari, i know ur a hard luck case, as u have so many people chasing u all day...

i wish ur alt much success, and try to make a character with the silence spell this time :)

100000 gold for ur alt! (please tell me the name so i can transfer)

#21 Guest_kiyala_*

Guest_kiyala_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:36 PM

wow, thank you so much! Is there somewhere I need to go to get the gold?

#22 Antrel

Antrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:40 PM

It's nice you want to help the newbies. But depriving them of self-efficiency doesn't help them.

#23 Guest_furryfoot_*

Guest_furryfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:42 PM

kiyala, contact my agent, nicias, who manages my estate and handles all my day to day affairs!

#24 Guest_triskal_*

Guest_triskal_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 09:44 PM

Many thanks Furryfoot! What a really nice thing to do. Of course I've always said halflings are fine, upstanding folks. :D
*bows*
Triskal

#25 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:12 PM

I'll contribute 1 million gold to the help-a-newbie foundation. Transferred into furryfoot's Sigil account.