Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

^Euphoria^ is accepting ^Members^!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#26 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:11 AM

How many roots would I have to get to get clan transfer? :P

#27 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:40 PM

75000 tyben.

#28 Bathory

Bathory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:05 PM

Is there a minimum level? Like second class or higher? *worried look*

#29 Tigerlily

Tigerlily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:23 PM

I myself entered the clan with doubts if I was good enough, but only cause I felt I needed to be better. With that in mind I joined when I was accepted. Not because I was or wasn't good enough. Is anybody good enough for any clan? You never know until you join, be active, and do your best. After you have been there awhile you grow. I am not good at much at all, but I am friendly, and helpful when possible. All you can do is try. As for the rumors.... Ask someone. If it is about someone specific, ask them. Who better to answer the question than the person in question? Usually rumors are just that. :) Rumors. :)

#30 Guest_daphyne_*

Guest_daphyne_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:29 AM

i dont think its unreasonable to root for ranks. i think its a great idea, seeing as it allows the leaders to see who are the ones who are actually contributing to the clan. :)

#31 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:35 AM

Theres nothing wrong with rooting for rank but the leaders of the clan need to be aware that not everyone is able to root effectivly. as long as the members of the clan are not turned into root slaves there is no problem.

In the words of our great forfathers::::TWEAK OFF:::: :D

#32 Tigerlily

Tigerlily

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 10:45 AM

They know not everyone can root for rank. But it should also be known that you CAN buy roots too.

#33 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 07:08 PM

i dont think its unreasonable to root for ranks. i think its a great idea, seeing as it allows the leaders to see who are the ones who are actually contributing to the clan.

There are many ways to contribute to a clan that don't involve rooting.

#34 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 10:46 AM

not every one has the money to buy roots either at 5k a root in order to make a good contribution to the clan the clannie would have to spend at least 200k thats 40 roots some players out there maby have 50k to there names.

#35 Drix

Drix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:50 AM

Players with 50k to their names are either in Lasler or not paying attention to business. On a related note, since I've never even looked into joining a clan, what all is involved in this 'rooting'? Like, where and how do you do it?

#36 Teriklar

Teriklar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:31 AM

Rooting is where you get into the Proving Grounds on Irda Isle and you kill the things inside for maleficarum roots and black tourmalines, in the same fashion as Verity Isle and the Tower of Riga. There's the same sorts of traps and such, and there are 18 levels instead of however many in the Tower. To get into the Proving Grounds, however, you have to run through a long stretch of CPK and NPK with aggressive mobs and sometimes an aggressive player or a few.

The hard part about rooting for low levels is that they can only kill mobs on the upper floors which tend to have much fewer roots per mob, as well as the fact that roots weigh 8 pebbles, twice the weight of tourmalines. Until you get a trunk the weight thing is a pretty big limiting factor.

#37 Drix

Drix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:44 AM

Ouch. I know from experience in the tower that I can carry about three hundred tourms out in one go, along with some rather heavy armor. That would translate into 150 roots or so. How does that compare to what would be required of the roots, like clan taxes and such?

#38 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:10 AM

Clan taxes are 25 roots per each member slot per month. So if you have a clan without a clanhall or a type A clanhall, tax is 450 roots a month. If you have a type G clan hall (the biggest possible, I believe) tax will be 1050 roots a month. Additionaly, there is a tax reduction for PK clans. Most clans don't have a problem paying their taxes, the hard part is being motivated enough to bring in extra roots to fund clanhall upgrades/cross zone gohalls/title changes/etc.

#39 Vexatious

Vexatious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:36 AM

Scrooge is so informative, knowledgeable, smart, and so very impressive! Kudo's to Scrooge!

#40 Drix

Drix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:39 AM

Ok, so 150 roots like twice a week from one member wouldn't be something neligible then. How do you get to Irda then, and is the area level restrict or difficult for say, a level 80 cav/priest with almost no spells?

#41 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:52 AM

The only way to get to Irda nowadays is through direct travel to the Isle (via walking, a ship (you wont have a place to anchor it unless you're an excellent pilot), a broom, blink, etc). The Isle is surrounded by a treacherous reef, located roughly at coordinates: 1281, 738. The reef maze is pretty easy to navigate, but the close proximity makes it difficult to get a ship to the docks. You might look at this map which I stole from Odyssey's old clan website. Once on the Isle, you'll have to make your way to the moat. I believe there are paths on clan info 73 still, but it should be fairly easy to figure it out. Once you're in the lake, beware of the death trap, but otherwise flee from the aggro mobs there. When you reach the statue in the lake go west then east again and you'll be in a new room. From here go east, south, west, south, south, west, north, west and you'll find yourself at the beginning of the moat. You can look at this image that I stole from some other clan site, I've been told which in the past, but I've forgotten again. Just flee past all the aggro mobs (you should have checked for aggro players already using techniques outside the scope of this). The hardest part as a level 80 will be killing the shadowspawn in the last NPK or CPK room of the moat (they wander between the two) in order to get the key to unlock the proving grounds. If you can go with a clannie who can get the key for you it should be easy. Or you could attempt to get a key from one of Bloodbane's advisors in the castle before you run the moat for less risk (they form though, I believe). Anyway, once you're inside, kill the hermit (he's easy, especially if you blind him) and search around the area for a hidden down, unlock it and you're home free. You can't recall or save from within the proving grounds, except for a few rooms at the very top, and you wont be able to enter social from the safe room there (or any safe room on the isle, save for the one in the caverns).

#42 Teriklar

Teriklar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:18 PM

The hardest part would probably be collecting the 150 roots, as you don't regularly get roots from kills until probably level 9, the no PK hydra floor. From what I've been able to tell recently, people are now peeking mobs and killing only those mobs who are carrying roots, which further diminishes the chances of getting the roots you're looking for. Especially for lower level people, don't expect to be pulling out useful loads of roots without spending hours and hours in the Proving Grounds.

As a level 80, there's very little for you to see or do in the Proving Grounds. If you want to go, you should level up to level 120 first to maximize your chances of survival and getting a decent amount of loot.