Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

A delicate jewelry box - how to unlock?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#26 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

7-year-old thread resurrection?

#27 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

(From Lonny):
Im just curious.
I am compiling lists of items, specifically rare and reboot only. Id like the stats, and if there is some trick to getting it, that too.
Lonny

Lonny, make use of the NS website. It has some of the info you seek. For everyone else, ummmm...... *shrug* join Northstar.

There is a key in the box to unlock a door to a level restricted area to get to a mob which when killed gives you some unique items/weapons like most typical minis. It's a royal pain to get to the mob && like most mobs with special/unique items/stuff very hard to kill.

The way I got the key out of the box does not currently work/been changed.

#28 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Why did you resurrect a 7 year old post? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

#29 Salorin

Salorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Obviously because they were using the search feature on the boards, which, you know, is something people always like to recommend around here to prevent duplicate posts. I wasn't aware resurrecting 7 year old threads was 'bad forum etiquette' when the question is still a valid one.

#30 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

No, resurrecting a 7 year old thread isn't bad; suggesting an answer to a 7 year old question that was posted on a message board 2 years after the 7 year old question was asked particularly when the player who asked the 7 year old question can not get to the area now because of level restrictions (and prob couldn't for the last 6 years) is.

#31 Shikyna

Shikyna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:14 PM

The Point was that I want to know how to open the damn box and this is the thread that popped up about it but found no information that was useful as the fragging NOW doesnt work. frustrated.

#32 Dawne

Dawne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:34 PM

(From Yodor):
No, resurrecting a 7 year old thread isn't bad; suggesting an answer to a 7 year old question that was posted on a message board 2 years after the 7 year old question was asked particularly when the player who asked the 7 year old question can not get to the area now because of level restrictions (and prob couldn't for the last 6 years) is.

Alts.

#33 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

(From Shikyna):
The Point was that I want to know how to open the damn box and this is the thread that popped up about it but found no information that was useful as the fragging NOW doesnt work. frustrated.

If I recall, Duende has said (on the boards) that the key exists and needs to be found to open the box.

#34 Simple

Simple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

"I don't know what the key is, exactly, but from the sounds of things, the silver unicorn horn Lysle carries around sometime might unlock the box. Buuuuut, that's just my guess, I don't really know, and won't find out myself until I can tank Lysle alone (any idea when a cav/priest can do that?)"

You should be able to do that in second class. It would be no different than fighting a mob in DoA at 240. But I supose in the 120 level difference between second class and hero, you're suposed to develop some ungodly understanding for the game that makes it easier to down mobs that are just unfun to fight. Right right?

#35 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

Get sanctuary, get more armor, and get off of Auryn. The key does exist, it's just not in the same continent. In fact, it's not obvious in any way shape or form. There's also no mark reward, and the mob is a pain to kill with useless loot. Move along.

#36 Savior

Savior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

Sad side note. I was here for this thread when it originally posted. We were all Sigil enthusiasts. In 7 years I never figured out how to open that gallery door. I spent probably a week working on it and when that didn't work I move to asking everyone to no avail.

For completeness sake just because it's always really bugged me could someone just clearly state what the key is. You don't have to tell me where to find it, I can do that. But it would be really nice psychologically if I could just resolve this and move on.

Thanks guys.

(MM has inspired many deep-rooted psychological issues in my personal life. Thanks Immortal Staff.)

#37 Vailia

Vailia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

Hi, so I can tell from reading this that it's an old post but still, throughout the entire thing...nobody ever answered the question. Now I'm curious...where is the key? Saying that it's not worth it or whatnot isn't answering the question, regardless of whether you think it's worth it or not, could someone please answer?

#38 Savior

Savior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Yea, your wasting your time, no one in this game will give you a straight answer. Really lousy community here, old and bitter from years of trolling. I just signed in today for the first time in about a year to see what this new class and race was (both fails of course.) And ironically saw this post.

#39 Siege

Siege

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

Scumbag Savior. Complains about community site trolling, trolls community site.

Ask around in game would be my advice to you good sir.

#40 Chaosfire

Chaosfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

Scumbag Savior. Complains about community site trolling, trolls community site.

Ask around in game would be my advice to you good sir.

He probably wouldn't get any useful info from players in game either. If I recall correctly, Shinde/Kayuki, the nutjobs that spent -years- doing every possible mini they could find as they camped 1st/2nd class, gave up on this mini. It's very obscure, and there's very little helpful info.

#41 Example

Example

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

This thread makes me think of the Masonic Pyramid. Assasinate Forral and Robert Langdon may show up and solve this mini for you.
I barely recall a memory of a pyramidal-shaped rock that is used as a keystone for Aroxa. The jewelry box mentions a conical-shaped hole.

#42 Forral

Forral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

This thread makes me think of the Masonic Pyramid. Assasinate Forral and Robert Langdon may show up and solve this mini for you.
I barely recall a memory of a pyramidal-shaped rock that is used as a keystone for Aroxa. The jewelry box mentions a conical-shaped hole.

Why ya gotta drag me into this? I don't even play anymore :X

#43 Udolf

Udolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Would this really work? Pyramidal means it would have five corners, and conical has but one and being round... has anyone tried this or is that rock solely belonging to Aroxa?

#44 Shikyna

Shikyna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

I looked on Cwn for horn (taking the hint of unicorn horns into account) in keywords and key in item type, there is an ivory unicorn's horn drop in Lonely Dragon Inn. I haven't killed the mob and tried the key yet though.

#45 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

You need the key from sathan first