Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Rewards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Olf

Olf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

You ask Lord Vendredi for a quest.
This quest is called 'Trouble in the South ', for Adventurers levels 120 to 180.
Lord Vendredi is the master in charge of this quest.
Description of Trouble in the South :
There has always been heavy trade and communication between the towns of
Sigil and the palace of Diocletian. However, recently I have started to
suspect that some of the dangers on the road have been purposefully placed
there by agents from Diocletian to sabotage the peaceful relationship that
Emperor Diocletian and I have achieved. I also believe that these agents
are acting with official permission. Please travel the road to Diocletian
and try to clear these dangers, and then seek out the agents within the
palace of Diocletian and report to the Emperor what you have found.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 73 quest points, 7 practice points, 50000 experience points, and 16000 gold pieces.
You have 240 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Trouble in the South consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat an ogre highwayman.
Phase 2: Defeat a starving lion.
Phase 3: Defeat a mountain goblin.
Phase 4: Journey to Central Atrium.
Phase 5: Defeat an elite warrior mage.
Phase 6: Defeat an elite palace wizard.
Phase 7: Visit Emperor Diocletian.

I think the quest rewards for this quest should be lowered. The mobs are very easy and quite easy to get to. Maybe 50 qpts and 5 practices?

#2 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:46 PM

What, is there an overabundance of practices in this game? It's nice to be lucky and get a well-rewarded quest once in a week.

#3 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 03:58 PM

What, is there an overabundance of practices in this game?

Actually, yes there is. 66% of quests give rewards too good for what you have to do. Some may be over rewarding only by a practice or two, so they dont seem as bad. You can still get lucky and be over rewarded since there are so many quests that give high rewards for the work you put into them.

I was just wandering, but is that lion on sigil contenent?

#4 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:14 PM

its hard to say, you could quest for much longer in sigil, i have a well bad memory so i was between sigil/rune, but now i quest rigel, the rewards are good and the quests generally give u some work to put in for them.

however i just did a quest for him and got 0 gold, i didnt check the quest to see the rewards but im sure that cant be right!

#5 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 04:36 PM

Is it me or am I the only person getting 4 prac quests...

#6 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:12 PM

I wish I got over-rewarding quests.

#7 Gaz

Gaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:10 PM

I was just wandering, but is that lion on sigil contenent?

Yes. It's just a pain to find, like the correct type of elite warrior mage in that quest.

#8 Ceralyn

Ceralyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

You should be thankful that you get the "over rewarding" quest. Some of us are stuck with the 4-5 practice quests and don't get those nice 7 practices. You should be very thankful.

#9 Drix

Drix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 04:24 AM

Woah, stop, time out!
You people are gettin' 4 and 5 prac quests from Vendredi? Amazing. I think the quests that really should be looked into are the two prac quests that send you into either Vospire town square or Vospire Library.

#10 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 04:55 AM

Phase 5: Defeat an elite warrior mage.
Phase 6: Defeat an elite palace wizard.

those are not easy for a 120 unless they have a mage class and bash.

#11 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:54 AM

I get 3-4 prac quests in 3rd class from new rigel (not sigil)...there needs to be a good high reward quest to balance that out occationally.

#12 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:03 AM

*bonks Olf* be quiet you , that quest is in no way over rewarded and there needs to be way many more quests in sigil with rewards like that.

finding that lion is really hard since there's only 2 or 3 out there second killing a wizard with out dispelling silence/blind him is a real pain not every 120 has 2K hp like you seem to have or a person that just has multied and no skills/spells at all.

sigil has been for years the one place with the most bad rewards and i'm glad some ppl have finally written some better quests for sigil and very thankful for it.

#13 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:39 PM

level 60 rewards should cap at 30/3, level 120 should cap at 50/5, 180 at 65/7, 240 at 105/10

#14 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:28 PM

From my quest database....

LEVELS   AVG PP   AVG QP
------------------------
0-60     2.65     29.29
61-120   4.13     44.06
121-180  5.00     51.67
181-240  6.73     64.50
241      8.75     77.63

Now, that is *very* unscientific. If we just look at the "top" of classes...

LEVELS   AVG PP   AVG QP
------------------------
60       3.56     37.71
120      4.55     48.14
180      5.95     60.04
240      7.44     69.88
241      7.60     70.55

Questing 3rd class would probably have the best rewards per time, but first class quests are easier to complete and the rewards are not too terribly below 2nd class.

#15 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:50 PM

If you think that a quest is too rewarding for you, then don't do it. If you consider how many practices it takes to get from level 1 to level 241 and have a decent char to show for it, the occasional big rewards quest isn't going to make much more than a ripple in the ocean.

Sotano

#16 Salvo

Salvo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:47 PM

I disagree with you as the point regarding elite warrior mage and elite palace wizard for 120 is well taken. Also, Vendredi's quests are typically easier, but lower rewards. It makes sense that with those difficult mobs the rewards from this particular QM would be higher.

#17 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:01 AM

i got an elite warrior mage at level 90 or so and it did like 500damage with 1 spell, i got someone to blind it in the end

#18 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:51 AM

Solus, haven't you completed about 5500 quests? How can you possibly say there is an overabundance of practices when you have done that amount of quests before fourth class and don't have you character maxed out?

That's five and a half THOUSAND quests. On that one character alone. Pretty extreme number for someone who thinks there is an overabundance of practices in this game.

*shudders*

#19 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:04 AM

By over abundance, i mean easy quests give too many rewards for their worth. (for example, lady undya gives 6 practices to walk to wroth for the 'slaughter down below' quest) If there are enough easy quests that give 5 or 6 rewards, some people wont do the hard quest that gives 5 practices or so.

#20 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:23 AM

That's a good point... but certain quests are harder to certain types of players, so it's tough to determine what a "hard" quest is (might I remind you, Solus, that you are an advanced, hardcore player and many things will seem very easy to you that others have little clue how to do) Now, there are extremely unreasonable quests, which basically exist to make people wait double the normal time for another doable quest.

The one in New Rigel that sends you to Xaventry and sends you to a remote location inside a temple that you need several low-repop keys to get to while travelling through several distinct dizzy lev-only CPK rooms just to complete one of the several goals on there for a measly 4 pracs is insane. I've emailed admin about it but nothing. Heck, most people in that level range wouldn't do that quest for 14 pracs, let alone 4. I've done it once. With Molo's help. I'll never do it again.

It's the higher practiced quests that make up for these, in my opinon.

#21 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:28 AM

Again, if you think a quest is too rewarding for what you have to do, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do it.

On a side note, I *highly* doubt St. Solus, who is so intrested in quest rewards, ever turned down any quests like this when he was 1st or 2nd class, because he believed in his principle of quests being too rewarding.

My apologies if I am incorrect and Solus, out of his intrest in the greater good, doesn't do quests he belives are too rewarding.

Sotano

#22 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:31 AM

Another great point! Good thinking Sotano.

#23 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:12 AM

All i am doing is agreeing with an old statement, some quests are over rewarding for the effort you put into them.

Again, if you think a quest is too rewarding for what you have to do, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do it.

There are some minor problems caused by over rewarding quests. I cant word the problem well, so i rather not waste my time trying to think of how the old post put it.

hmm, i may not have considered the strength of a first class mage doing slaughter down below...
Can a first class mage kill a cyclops or earth element in wroth?

#24 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:44 AM

My previous post, also applies to Olf.

#25 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 12:11 PM

Solus: There are some minor problems caused by over rewarding quests. I cant word the problem well, so i rather not waste my time trying to think of how the old post put it.

I think the words you're looking for are 'I do the over rewarding quests because, like everyone else, I want to be as strong as I can be, as fast as is possible for me to be! But at the same time, I want everyone else to work at a lower standard, so that I stay stronger than them!'.

Hope that helps. :D