Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Rewards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 Yapok

Yapok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:29 AM

I pride myself on doing that NR quest which sends you into dizzy Xav CPK. It was the highlight of my questing.

#52 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:37 AM

*mumbles*
What Christof said is a nice example of why over-rewarding quests are bad. :mrgreen:

#53 Guest_mungwen_*

Guest_mungwen_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:49 PM

Okay, after reading all of this, I forget who posted what. So I'll comment on what I remember, 'cause I'm too lazy to go back and find out who said it.
First, I agree that _some_ quests are over-rewarding. But some quests are also under-rewarding.
Second, I fully agree with making quest rewards hidden and random. But this would require the implementation of my third point:
Thirdly, I do agree with whomever said that the Imms should check all the quests and redo the ones that need it, possibly subcontracting it out to experienced questers, giving them $DD for their troubles. This way, not only would typos be fixed, but also new, appropriate, random, hidden rewards could be set.
In closing, if anyone is going to say that I'm dumb and I don't know what I'm talking about, please do so in a civilized manner. It took me a while to logically organize all my points, so act civilized, even if you're telling me that I suck. Thanking you so much.

#54 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:03 PM

Depending on how random is implemented, it could be a bad idea. For example, if non-risky quest gives 2 to 4 rewards, and risky quest gives 3-5 rewards, people may not want to do the risky quest since it may reward less or equal to non-risky quests.

Also, if it was completely random, that could cause an even worse problem since all quests would pretty much give the same chance for rewards, which means there would be no point to doing the harder quests.

#55 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 11:00 PM

Someone teach me how to quote!

#56 Guest_dada_*

Guest_dada_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:14 PM

I dont think the rewards are out of proportion its like the templeton quests that give 6-7 pracs without leaving temp, some people don't know where these things are so it may be harder

#57 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

I still, to this day, believe that lower class quests are overrewarding. I recently class camped an alt at 120 for nearly 800 quests and was able to finish most stats, all skills and spells I needed, be able to multi and do some more skills and spells right off the bat. Getting 7 practices for running around and spending 30 seconds in Templeton, or 6 practices for killing one or two somewhat hard mobs is utterly ridiculous. There truly needs to be some type of CAP implemented on quests for classes. This is how I see it should be:

3 pracs for first class.
4 pracs for second class.
6 pracs for third class.
9 pracs for fourth class.
No cap for archon. (9-12)

This would still allow first classers to get upward of 3000 practices in their first class, which is still insanely more than anyone would need, but, they'd still be allowed to do it. As it is now, they can already get 2-2.5 times that much at the current reward system. Second classers can easily get just as much in 8-900 quests. Third class is already somewhat capped at 6 pracs, I rarely ever see many much higher than that. There's no real problem with fourth class either, and archon doesn't need a cap, period.

There could be some exceptions for this rule - maybe exclude it from Keep. As all the quests there are in NPK or CPK, the quest rewards could be allowed to reflect that. Maybe a 1.25x increase in reward allowed for doing those kinds of quests. Other than that, I don't see any reason why first or second classers should be able to get the same or more practices than an archon by doing a MUCH simpler task because they're a lower level.

#58 Slugo

Slugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:05 AM

Zakainen... You should be deleted after your 2000th post.

#59 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

Why? Did I, obviously, once again make a point, that would

SCREW OVER YOUR CHARACTER?

#60 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

Random hidden rewards are a great idea so long as they're kept within a bracket...I'd be pretty miffed if I spent an hour travelling around the world and killing NPC's only to get 1pp and 20qp.

#61 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

Put the rewards within the caps I mentioned for first and second class. For third class, keep the rewards for current quests the same as they are now, and for new quests, add a random amount of pracs from 50% of max cap and cap. For hero, put a randomizer between 6-9 pracs, and for archon, put one between 8-11.

#62 Olf

Olf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

Why are we continuing this thread even though it's been nearly a year since this was posted? You'll never win in the quest system! It's a lose lose situation.

#63 Angell

Angell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

Yes. A minimum of what you can get from a randomized quest is a good idea. It would be horrible to do a CPK quest and only get 4 practices. However. I dont agree on the whole 3 prac for first class and 4 prac for second class idea. That, first of all, would be unfair to all the new-comers into the game that have to face all these characters that already have a giant jump-start on them, and get less rewards then they did. Second, that would make getting all the second class skills/spells way too time-consuming and ridiculous. I get 4-5 pracs per quest, and get lucky every once and a while and get a 6-7 prac quest, which sends me to pk, and 4 different cities. So all-in-all I think randomized questing would demoralize people in the game. Especially those in lower rankings.

#64 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:50 PM

I certainly had no trouble getting 6 or 7 prac quests 4 or 5 times in a row at Lady Templeton. I think Zak should be reimbursed with all the quests he did at Telleri. I didn't know if I waited that I'd be able to get 2x my rewards. Please, someone give him a free 2000 practices so it's fair to me. Thank you.

#65 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

I dont think quests are based on how hard the items are to get, or how hard the mob is to kill. I think its more based off of where you have to go, like if it sends you to a different continent, it should be 5 pracs or higher.

#66 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

The high reward quests are designed to encourage alts and remorting. I've been thinking about remorting since it's clear that Monks and Bards will never get any improvement in PK.

#67 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

So I guess in a few months we can start to see 10-12 prac templeton quests that say VISIT A STRAY DOG, eh?