Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Council of Saints

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#1 Nalithien

Nalithien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:16 PM

On behalf of Eriana and the members of the Council of Saints, I would like to invite all those with reputations of 90 and above to become involved in a truly great undertaking. The Council was formed some weeks ago by those of us good aligned people that desired a way to communicate with each other in order to band together for the betterment of the residents of Alyria. The Council and it's mission is still in the exploratory phase of it's development, and we would encourage all those that are interested to "chat relay saint" and share your ideas with us. Clans Northstar, Spiritwalk, and Saresyn's Revenge have all pledged their support of the Council, and have clan representatives thoroughly involved in the proceedings. We would welcome other good spirited clans to join us. The non-clanned Saints that roam Alyria have their representatives to the Council, as well.

Past activities of the Council have included CTF games, rooting/tourming runs to the Proving Grounds, and equipment runs. So please, get involved and have some fun! We look forward to hearing from you :)

Nalithien

#2 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 01:31 AM

I'll give it two months max.

#3 Apollyon

Apollyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 02:02 AM

Umm, I think we've already passed your prediction...so Tally Ho!

Just because we only formally announced for adventurers to join us now, doesn't mean we have just formed. You're just out of the saint loop.

#4 Guest_tithrus_*

Guest_tithrus_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 02:26 AM

We appreciate your confidence in us Skitari.

#5 Miro

Miro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:51 AM

Didn't someone try something like this before?

#6 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:13 AM

Yes they have several times Miro. If this works great. I really could careless. It sounds pretty stupid to me. It seems like people hinder themselves when they dont pk because then they dont really get the experience and have a difficult time defending themselves. I may be wrong but I think someone who pks a bit is going to have a better chance at living through an attack than someone who doesnt.

I dont even know what exactly you guys do. I dont think you made it very clear. How can a whole clan support it when some of the people in those clans dont fit the 90 and above? I wonder if the whole clan does support it or if it isnt just the clan leaders forcing it.

Its only a matter of time before something happens between the members and causing a fight. Its very hard to keep such a large alliance together(that is what it is right?).

The whole thing is the way I look at it is say Clan A puts in an player X and Clan B doesnt like that player because they didnt something to someone etc. Well then Clan B wants Clan A to remove player X. Maybe that wasnt clear but really in the end things like this are more hassal I find.

#7 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:20 AM

I had some questions about it. How exactly are the representives selected?

What does having a reputation 90 or above have anything to do with if you want to help people or not?

Why do you have to be a saint to be helping others?

Do you really think you're making the right image for players to only ask saints?

If you look down the outlaw list, most of them are the most knowledgeable players in the game. I think outlaws are more help since they know how to hold their own. I am not trying to pick on your council but you decided to announce it as if Saints were the good guys in the game. I know plenty who are asses. I can sit and not pk for 10 weeks or whatever and I will still be the same person behind the screen. Human nature shall set in!

#8 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:21 AM

I thought this was funny. So much for me helping them.

Bans:
Alikaatian Knightotri Hokiemon Redemption
Catalina Blueknight Elmador Skitari
Snipes Nizzische Zakainen Vein
Syntis Ascent Sotano Ragate
Asphyx Sabon Arcanepoet Dalamar
Gasden Kizzel Solus Vail
Prophet Frixion Mountainlion Blaster
Gattaca Kazmo Fraust Kermit
Wyldchild Olf Sabu Jonas
Extemper Spunkie Duriel Ryosho
Devoid Wildsoul Swsoulja Ixlone
Ixion Yankee Nelir Throm
Aesir Censored Lysia Vektor
Gyro Ashe Nightshade Brindle
Nick Bres Phacia Mutiny
Alell Murda Neonova Felony
Ronfar Spyro Darkside Corgan
Lalita Biran

#9 Apollyon

Apollyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 04:40 AM

yeah, the banlist is shamefull...however thats almost all from people who came in making threats and generally causing trouble. I would assume you would do pretty much the same thing if it were your room. We have a large list because we are quite unpopular due to the saint status. As for the other things, I cannot make too much of a comment as I am not really official representative or whatever :P

#10 Sylvaer

Sylvaer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:12 AM

Try and stay on topic please :)

I think any group of players that wishes to form alliances is a great thing for the game. The problem is that some players haven't the maturity to handle being excluded so they try and damage what other people have.

Good luck in your venture guys, look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Sylvaer

#11 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 05:33 AM

I don't recall ever going anywhere near that chat room...

Zarath

#12 Matthia

Matthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:43 AM

I like how the oh-so-great reputation system is the basis for this alliance. I'm now forming the sit an saint-alt in their chat room and cpk them repeatedly alliance. Anyone care to join me?

#13 Windforce

Windforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:30 AM

sounds fun to me :P

#14 Durova

Durova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

*speaks softly*

Being a saint and being helpful doesn't necessarily mean being weak.

*carries big stick*

#15 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:11 AM

You are probably banned because you are outlaws. If you don't like it, go form your own Council of Outlaws.

#16 Eriana

Eriana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:50 AM

The saint chat started as something I posted in I believe the feature area asking for a saint channel. That was a bad idea. I've since realized that there are people who don't pk because they can't be bothered, and then there are saints. Those people are willingly joining together so that they can do things like organized decanter trips, moat trips, ctf games, and lots of other stuff. It's not really a mini-clan - but it's a chance for people from seperate clans to be able to work together.

No one - even members from clans who have members in the Council - is forced or begged to join. It's just an outlet for those that want it. I've found more people to level with, as well as made new game friends I'd not have met if I was just in Northstar and didn't really branch out. I really adore it. *shrug*

As for only letting in saints/people with reps above 90 - I understand some outlaws are nice people. I don't hate all outlaws. However, because of what an outlaw is - I think it's best we not allow them in areas where we talk about decantering with smaller people (ie, our second classers) because we don't want pked if we can avoid it.

If anyone has questions, feel free to send me a tell in game.

Also - I *meow* Durova. *I* have outlaw friends, so I'll not begrudge someone else them.

Eri

#17 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:54 AM

Ya know what cracks me up? Some of the most knowledgeable, charismatic people in the game are...Non-saints. I'm a saint, and I find this promoting discrimination and prejudice. If you are an avid message board reader, or are friendly with the playerbase, you'd see my point.

Anyways, as Sylvaer stated, anything to promote alliances is great. But, I think you're limiting yourself from a vast variety of players although it appears that ban list selected some of the more aggressive pking outlaws (which doesn't mean anything, just an obsevation.)

Good luck on your venture.

#18 Guest_anildor_*

Guest_anildor_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:09 AM

Why not have a council of outlawz like lothos said...pk clans and those with the rep of 30 can join?(30 because experienced pkers can give tips to newbie pkers?) :mrgreen:

#19 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:14 AM

They're called PK clans.

#20 Nalithien

Nalithien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:17 AM

There are many of us Saints that choose to be Saints because we like roleplaying the "good guys". Many of us are strong pk'ers and actively pk. However, rather than pick on innocents as Outlaws do, we go after the "bad guys", those being Outlaws. So to label a Saint as being a non-pker isn't entirely accurate.

And Apollyon is right. The Council has been in existence for some months now, and it was formed by 3 clans that were already in alliance with each other. Our alliances and the Council still remain strong.

The reason Outlaws aren't allowed to participate is because, quite simply, they are the "bad guys". It would be foolish for us to admit Outlaws to the Council and then discuss a trip to PG or some such. Announcing a trip through CPK areas with Outlaws present to hear it would be suicidial for our less powerful members. There are many channels within the game that everyone can participate in. Unfortunately they are inhabited by miscreants and trouble-makers, which is why we use a private channel.

It doesn't surprise any of us that an Outlaw would try and discredit the Council, whether it be through this forum or through coming to the chat room and creating problems. Thus, our giant list of banned Outlaws. Not to mention for the past couple days we've had an imm watching over the room, due to some praticularly troublesome people that tried to disrupt order there. This only strengthens our resolve to move forward with the Council. In fact, harassment like this is the reason for our existence in the first place.

#21 Eriana

Eriana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:22 AM

Here's the problem with letting people with low reps in:

We do decanter trips. I am *not* cool with telling someone I don't know - be they outlaw or non-saint - that I'm taking my level 118 rear end down to NPK.

People who come in the chat and some of the posters on here seem to think this is an anti-outlaw group. It's not. It's simply a bit of a refuge for like-minded people to hang out. Some of the people are outlaw hunters, true, but for the most part the Council itself has nothing to do with outlaws one way or the other.

As for discriminating - if people establish themselves through outlawing and pk as aggressive people - then it's *their* issue if they have a problem with not being able to join. We aren't against them for something they have no control over - they do have control.

Eri

#22 Durova

Durova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:25 AM

To do Jheron justice, some of my best buddies in the game are outlaws too. When I belonged to Skitari's clan my agreement both clan-side and council-side was that I kept those two areas separate: I didn't tell the outlaws when the saints were running the moat and vice versa.

No one is trying to force saints to associate only with other saints. This is just one more way for like-minded people to network together.

If you've got a different mindset, fine. Please keep it out of this thread. The game has plenty of other outlets for you.

#23 Nightshade

Nightshade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

My saint alt was banned. I still think it isnt a bad idea though, although it will probably die out.

#24 Guest_tithrus_*

Guest_tithrus_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:54 AM

Now I don't know if there were deleted posts in between the three that skit made in a row, but from that I can gather that he is disturbed by something. If a group wants to get together and have some fun, what's that got to do with you?
As far as I know, this is an original idea and I would appreciate you keeping your superiority complexes in check.

#25 Mikee

Mikee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 01:45 PM

No one's stopping you "haters" from making an Anti-Saint-Council Council. You seem so eager to tell them how to run their party - by all means, show them how it's done.