Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Worse EQ contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jazelle_*

Guest_jazelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2001 - 06:26 PM

Clan Whisper is going to hold our annual Clan Court Jester Contest for our members this April.

And I thought it would be fun to share with all players one of the requirments to enter. (Sorry the Jester contest in full is only for Clan Members.)

Right now I'll put up one Pointed Hat for the person who comes up with the worse EQ in the game! It must be real EQ in the current version of MM. You need to send me a screen copy of all the EQ and each item's description with stats. The best way to show the difference is for you to wear the eq and show me your stats with it and your base stats. That way I can average a basic player any level and what eq is really the worse. Don't forget spell affects too.

I will announce the winner April 10th. So you have then to send me your entries. If another Clan leader wants to add to the prize pot please just post it here.

Eveyone can enter and have fun finding the worse EQ in the game guys! And remember level does not matter.

-Jazelle
jazelle@home.com

#2 Guest_surchir_*

Guest_surchir_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2001 - 12:25 AM

Do spell affects count also like items that are noremove and cast curse/slow/plague on you?

#3 Guest_jazelle_*

Guest_jazelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2001 - 07:40 PM

Sure. If it makes the eq a pain you can list it. Also those affects that cause you to loose Stats. Don't forget there are a lot of - eq out there.

-Jazelle

#4 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 17 March 2001 - 05:28 PM

I recently aquired a Death Shroud, I have no intention of entering the contest but if anyone wants it for the contest just send me a tell.

ITEM:
A DEATH SHROUD
Clothing
Level 30
Having this loose-fitting cloak in your possession is already beginning to make you feel uneasy. There is something unnatural about the way it envelops you, and you smell a faint hint of decay in the air. You get the feeling that this shroud was not meant for someone who is still alive. If this is the case, you've heard that the only way to part with such an item is to leave the world of the living, an unpleasant prospect to say the least.

Cost: 750 gold pieces
Material: cloth
Weight: 15 pebbles
Attributes: nodrop noremove nouncurse vanish-death
* Affects strength at level 30 by -1 for -1 minutes.
* Affects knowledge at level 30 by -1 for -1 minutes.
* Affects agility at level 30 by -1 for -1 minutes.

#5 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 17 March 2001 - 05:30 PM

NM, just noticed the nouncurse flag :(.

#6 Guest_sephorus_*

Guest_sephorus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2001 - 07:16 PM

Worst eq? Not sure..but strangest eq:
A brasierre of power.
level 25.
Cost: 625 gold pieces
Material: silk
Weight: 2 pebbles
Armor resistance is 3 pierce, 3 bash, 2 slash, and 1 exotic.
* Affects strength at level 25 by 1 for -1 minutes.
Always thought this was the FUNNIEST piece of eq in the game.

Seph

#7 Guest_sephorus_*

Guest_sephorus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2001 - 07:18 PM

Ok, its nouncurse, but
The legendary sword, Orcist
Weapon
Cost: 6,850 gold pieces
Material: steel
Weight: 140 pebbles
Attributes: noremove no-sac nouncurse vampire-bane nodecay magic-resistant
Weapon type is sword, which does 104 points of type slash damage, accuracy 13.
Special weapon attributes: shocking
* Affects vitality at level 105 by -1 for -1 minutes.
* Affects luck at level 105 by -2 for -1 minutes.
* Affects hp at level 105 by -45 for -1 minutes.
* Affects spell-points at level 105 by 15 for -1 minutes.

Seph
PS I dont actually HAVE one, but I remember seeing them. Quite bad.

#8 Jaxxon

Jaxxon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 March 2001 - 07:26 PM

I can't email you so I'll post it here:

You focus your powers of observation on an unholy medallion:
Item 'an unholy medallion' is type jewelry, alignment -700, made of flesh,
and has keywords 'unholy medallion ankh'.
This item weighs 0 stones and 10 pebbles, and is valued at 3500 gp.
This level 100 item has the attributes: identified nodrop noremove nouncurse
An unholy medallion is in excellent condition.
Affects courage by -2 for -1 minutes.
Affects luck by -1 for -1 minutes.
Affects wisdom by -1 for -1 minutes.
Affects knowledge by -1 for -1 minutes.
Affects strength by -3 for -1 minutes.
This thing sends shivers of pure terror up your spine. It is a large
medallion composed of decaying human flesh strung on a long bit of sinew.
There is an evil red glow surrounding the medallion. You wonder how on
earth anyone could ever stand the stench of the thing long enough to wear
it.

comes from maldra's keep... nouncurse, noremove, everything like that, neg stats... can't get any worse than this

#9 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 17 March 2001 - 11:47 PM

A BELT OF CONSTRICTION
Armor
Level 35
This sinister piece of clothing lies curled in the corner of the room. Made of cracked black leather, the belt has an impressive looking clasp in the front and seems to pulse with magical energy. You fasten it loosely around your waist, and feel much safer while wearing it. However, you notice that it's becoming harder to breathe, and struggle in vain to unbuckle the belt.

Cost: 875 gold pieces
Material: leather
Weight: 25 pebbles
Attributes: noremove
Armor resistance is 0 pierce, 0 bash, 0 slash, and 0 exotic.
* Affects saving-spell at level 35 by -2 for -1 minutes.

That ones pretty bad, and it doesn't even provide any ar.

Of course there is always:

A MONKEY'S PAW
Clothing
Level 25
This evil piece of flesh seems to latch onto you as soon as you touch it. No matter what you do, you cannot seem to drop or get rid of it. It also seems to be having a very negative effect on your personality and everyday activity. I would recomend getting to a priest as soon as possible and see if they can remove this affliction.

Cost: 103,625 gold pieces
Material: flesh
Weight: 1 pebbles
Alignment: -200
Attributes: nodrop noremove no-sac nodecay buried no-give
* Affects hp at level 10 by -10 for -1 minutes.
* Affects spell-points at level 10 by -10 for -1 minutes.
* Affects stamina at level 10 by -10 for -1 minutes.
* Affects luck at level 10 by -2 for -1 minutes.
* Affects personality at level 10 by -2 for -1 minutes.
Can be used to cast the spell(s): curse

also:

THE AURA OF DESTRUCTION
Light
Level 199
As you slip the aura on, it casts a dull gray light that barely illuminates the area directly around you. A malevolent shadow drapes itself over you body, clinging to you. It saps your strength, your well being, making you feel smaller shriveled somehow.

Cost: 16,200 gold pieces
Material: energy
Weight: 1 pebbles
Attributes: nonmetal unbreakable nodecay
This light source will last for 800 hours.
* Affects hp at level 99 by -10 for -1 minutes.
* Affects spell-points at level 99 by -20 for -1 minutes.
* Affects stamina at level 99 by -40 for -1 minutes.

And:
A ROTTING RING
Jewelry
Level 20
You shudder at the sight of the ring, for it seems to generate evil, which makes your hair stand more and more on end as you get closer to the ring. As you look at the circlet you seem to see it shift a little, like a serpent but quickly return to it's original shape, must have been your eyes playing a trick on you. The dull shine makes you wonder if it's really worth hanging on to.

Cost: 500 gold pieces
Material: bone
Weight: 3 pebbles
Attributes: poisoned
* Affects stamina at level 10 by -80 for -1 minutes.
* Affects hp at level 10 by -15 for -1 minutes.

That's all I can think of right now. Hey we're getting close to a full suit, now if only I had the patience to track all that stuff down.

#10 Guest_jazelle_*

Guest_jazelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2001 - 04:37 AM

The death shroud is a good worse item. I know there are more out there. Every try Dungeon Wroth? You don't have to wear the stuff but it does have to be real stuff in the game. I'm going to see if vassago will give me a list of the really bad stuff so I can check it off. Keep going guys. When you have it all. Feel free to post your entry here. This is looking good.

-Jazelle

#11 Guest_jazelle_*

Guest_jazelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2001 - 04:49 AM

Let me expand on what the requirments are. It need to be eq to cover your body areas. Head, Neck, shoulders, torsol, arms, legs, hands, weapon, shield, feet. Those areas. So your creating the worse total equipment for a player in the game. Stuff you would not be caught dead fighting in because you will be dead if you wear it. I hope that explains a lttle better. I noticed while the clan was told it has to be all eq for the player I left out that line in the contest post.

-Jazelle

PS Feel free to post your entry here if you don't or can't mail it to me. I'll just screen copy your entry and compare it to the others. Just be sure your name on the board is the same in the game.

#12 Guest_jazelle_*

Guest_jazelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2001 - 03:38 PM

Clan Whisper is going to hold our annual Clan Court Jester Contest for our members this April.

And I thought it would be fun to share with all players one of the requirments to enter. (Sorry the Jester contest in full is only for Clan Members.)

Right now I'll put up one Pointed Hat for the person who comes up with the worse EQ in the game! It must be real EQ in the current version of MM. You need to send me a screen copy of all the EQ and each item's description with stats. The best way to show the difference is for you to wear the eq and show me your stats with it and your base stats. That way I can average a basic player any level and what eq is really the worse. Don't forget spell affects too.

I will announce the winner April 10th. So you have then to send me your entries. If another Clan leader wants to add to the prize pot please just post it here.

Eveyone can enter and have fun finding the worse EQ in the game guys! And remember level does not matter.

jazelle3@home.com corrected e-mail address. (I keep forgetting the 3)
----------------
Let me expand on what the requirments are. It need to be eq to cover your body areas. Head, Neck, shoulders, torsol, arms, legs, hands, weapon, shield, feet. Those areas. So your creating the worse total equipment for a player in the game. Stuff you would not be caught dead fighting in because you will be dead if you wear it. I hope that explains a lttle better. I noticed while the clan was told it has to be all eq for the player I left out that line in the contest post.

-Jazelle

PS Feel free to post your entry here if you don't or can't mail it to me. I'll just screen copy your entry and compare it to the others. Just be sure your name on the board is the same in the game. Post only under Events and Announcements.