Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Ridiculous Keep Quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:22 PM

Can keep quests please be kept to Beltane? These quests are getting ridiculous now, I keep seeing more and more keep quests that involve everything but the keep.

#2 Guest_pruth_*

Guest_pruth_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:27 PM

When you chose to become an archon, you forfeited your right to do easy quests. Now that you've chosen to be an archon, you're just going to have to man it out with the quests, or not do the quests at all.

#3 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

Some might argue your quests become easier when you don't have to do them in the PK capitol of Alyria.

#4 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:42 PM

When you chose to become an archon, you forfeited your right to do easy quests. Now that you've chosen to be an archon, you're just going to have to man it out with the quests, or not do the quests at all.

Hey tard. How do you know I'm talking about an archon? I don't care about archons getting around the world quests. My 120 that I quest in keep is constantly getting quests that involve him to not only be in NPK for an amount of time, but some that require him to go to Vospire, Sigil, Tellerium and Templeton. It's not the easist task in the world for a 120 to do that, and the fact that these quests are given to a questmaster in the middle of nowhere is a bunch of crap.

#5 Goatleaf

Goatleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:54 PM

I agree with Zakainen, although Sigil quests might be doable since it's relatively near with recall scrolls. I also think all of the quests needing syringes should be moved to at least 150 and up. The mudmen are impossible for 120s and they decay so you can't stack up on them.

#6 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

The syringe quests are fine. There're constantly archons in the keep, or you can get clannies or friends to help you get them. I just don't think it's feasible for most 120s to just run halfway around the world and groping their mother just for like 5 or 6 pracs like these quests reward.

#7 Ugauga

Ugauga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:36 AM

Zakainen

Posted: 04-23-2004 08:15 pm Post subject: Re: Irriting Tellerium Quests

Not all quests are meant to be completed.

#8 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2004 - 02:14 PM

There's a difference between a quest not being meant to be completed and one being completely illogic to be in the game in the first place, thanks.

#9 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

There is no such thing as "Not all quests are meant to be completed". All quests can be completed by -someone- unless they're bugged. However, the problem here is 1) by the time you find your target and get to it they'll probably be out of pk 2) they could be deep in pg and you are going to risk going through cpk to get to them 3) the player can log off at any time screwing over your quest 4) as said players that dont want to die/dislike you/just generally want to ruin your quest can easily get out of pk and then....bye bye quest.
These quests just become You tell xxx "Phase 1: Defeat xxx. Hey let me kill you and I'll give you this and that". Is that really what they are intended to be?

#10 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

There is no such thing as "Not all quests are meant to be completed". All quests can be completed by -someone- unless they're bugged. However, the problem here is 1) by the time you find your target and get to it they'll probably be out of pk 2) they could be deep in pg and you are going to risk going through cpk to get to them 3) the player can log off at any time screwing over your quest 4) as said players that dont want to die/dislike you/just generally want to ruin your quest can easily get out of pk and then....bye bye quest.
These quests just become You tell xxx "Phase 1: Defeat xxx. Hey let me kill you and I'll give you this and that". Is that really what they are intended to be?

#11 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:56 PM

I'm not complaining about the pk quests, it's more of all the other retarded ones, that don't even involve beltane at all. There're some that require you to visit mobs in Dio and Vospire, or just walk to Templeton and Tellerium, and you're done. The quest reward isn't worth it for these lower levels to do that much journeying, and I honestly don't know of anyone that does these quests.

#12 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:25 PM

Well I do agree that these quests are quite annoying, I never do them because I prefer the risk of pk to walking to the other end of the world, as I dont have the 1000 houses some questers are outfitted with. :wall: But maybe some people prefer to have their quest done with almost no risk except when turning it in. :think:

You could say then they shouldn't be questing in keep but since trunks load there and many people camp the place for them(especially 2-nd classers), they might prefer doing a no-pk quest instead of being hunted down by some bloodthirsty archon :skull:

#13 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

Keep is Keep. It's an all pk area, which is what influences the high rewards. Take away the PK from the keep quests, and what do you have? The same as any of the other 6 questmasters. I liked keep having individual and actually logical quests. These recent additions that involve going to everywhere and bumping their mothers, but staying out of pk, completely ruin the whole point and uniqueness of this area.

#14 Lictor

Lictor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:46 AM

when zak is trying to define what's logical and what isn't, its time for a tranquelizer.

#15 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:28 AM

People who don't quest in the Keep, shouldn't pipe in with their 'helpful' advice.

#16 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

I'd like to thank whoever wrote 95% of these new keep quests and basically made keep the most worthless and retarded place to quest. Thanks a lot, asshole.

#17 Elan

Elan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

Every quest is meant to be completed, becausr the guidlines for making them require it.

#18 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

I never once said a single one of these god damn quests I get weren't completable. I don't see the point of questing in an all NPK and some CPK area for 3 or 4 practices, or running halfway around the god damn world for 4 practices. These quests are utterly ridiculous, and whoever submitted them should have lost DD instead of gained any for even suggesting these things. Keep used to be one of the best places to qust with high risk and moderate difficulty quests, but suddenly it's turned into nothing but giving worse quests than Sigil does in first class. This is why people class camp - I was averaging 7 pracs a quest in second class, with next to no risk or effort required, yet I multi expectig at least the same, or maybe slightly better, and all of my quests I get are around 4 pracs and require me to travel to Sigil, Rune, Tellerium AND Templeton, and don't even involve the keep anymore. This is really a load of bullpoo, whoever decided to implement these keep quests and ruin a decent questing area needs to be shot. I don't know how many times people have asked about the rewards of keep and why they're so high and have been responded with a "It's a dangerous place with lots of risk, and that's what balances out the reward". Yes, it is, but it's no longer worth the reward if I can run around for 25 seconds and do better elsewhere.

#19 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:41 PM

Someone grab him a tissue.

#20 Havelock

Havelock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

It's not hard to guess why Zak isn't getting much sympathy from the non-keep questers. They all showed up in the keep trying for a trunk and most were repeatedly slaughtered. So in the back of most peoples mind is "screw the bastards that made me miserable trying to get my trunks." Hence, no support.

We've also got the fact that every other quest master has these circle the globe quests and people are thinking, "I have to do it they should too."

Then there is the big crowd of people who just don't like Zak.

I hate questing in the keep. I've gotten 3 trunks in 3 different classes, and I've hated it every time I was there. I get tired of having to pay attention all the time while I'm questing since it's such a drone by nature.

But, I think Zak is right. The essence of Maldra's has always been PK. We have how many other quest masters for the hum drum tour the world quests. Why should it be deemed a good thing to make Maldra's like everywhere else?

And frankly, this change hurts the trunk campers *more* than any others. Far from benefitting the guy hoping for a trunk, because when a trunk restocks it almost always ends up being a race to get your quest in on time. (At least it has for me.) And if you have to tour the world when the competition needs to run to 6 rooms in the keep, you're not going to win.

#21 Helmsley

Helmsley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2830 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:52 AM

No offense to u, Zak, but since you are a veteran keep questor and is unhappy with the cuurent quests, why dont you spend some time to write keep quests?

#22 Herculoid

Herculoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:45 AM

HEY ZAK!

WEREN'T YOU THE ONE THAT COMPLAINED OPENLY ON THE BOARDS THAT CURRENT QUEST REWARDS GIVEN ARE TOO HIGH AND SHOULD BE REDUCED BY HALF??

I'M FREAKING SURE MANY PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT THREAD YOU STARTED NOT TOO LONG AGO YOU LAME BRAINED IDIOT. WTF ARE YOU COMPLANING ABOUT IT NOW??

Don't do it if it's too troublesome.

So...Zak..the solution is..STFU AND QUIT QUESTING!

For those who agrees with what he's complaining about now SHOULD SMACK ZAK ACROSS THE FACE.

Problem solved.

:twisted:

#23 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:47 AM

Uh, he's not the only one complaining. Lord Maldra's quests have a high reward because of the pk risk on beltane/in keep. However, the new quests make Lord Maldra just like the other QM's... they're very annoying. If you don't want quests with a pk risk, go elsewhere! And if you want a trunk, brave that pk, that's why they're in the keep, because they should be hard to get... But why do you have to ruin the questing for people that prefer pk risk to running around the world?

#24 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

No offense to u, Zak, but since you are a veteran keep questor and is unhappy with the cuurent quests, why dont you spend some time to write keep quests?

I've quested in keep with Zak since 120. I've seen every quest in the keep at least 50 times. I know how to do every single one of them. Or at least I used to. The current quests that're in now are honestly ridiculous. Last year, I wrote about 20 new quests, for all levels, and I think one of them involved leaving Beltane. Writing quests isn't going to help fix this, really. If these quests are in the system, and people submit more of the same (they will), the odds of getting these retarded quests is still going to be high at low levels.

WEREN'T YOU THE ONE THAT COMPLAINED OPENLY ON THE BOARDS THAT CURRENT QUEST REWARDS GIVEN ARE TOO HIGH AND SHOULD BE REDUCED BY HALF??

Yeah, I did. I still agree with that. But I also wonder if you noticed that 90% of the quests I was complaining about are the ones that make you move 3 rooms for 18 pracs at level 10. I've never thought keep was overewarding in any way, shape or form. I've always felt that they were right, although, some of the CPK quests could use a 1 or 2 prac boost. But for the most part, I think Keep used to be one of the most balanced, and worthwhile place to quest, while you could actually earn your practices, instead of struggling your ass off or being given free ones on a silver platter.

I don't see what's so hard to understand. Beltane and Keep were a pk zone that was designed for risk and danger, yet a quest area for people to take that risk and danger and turn it into a profit if they're careful. Those of us who have learned how to do this are now getting screwed by these ridiculous quests that're being implemented in the Keep. If I wanted to go to Templeton to quest, I believe I would quest there. If I wanted Sigil, it would be there. Unfortunately, if I want to quest in keep, and about 40-50% of my quests I get involve me to go everywhere BUT keep, I don't believe it's possible for me to do what I want, anymore. These really need to be looked at and moved to another quest master.

Maybe I should go write about 300 quests for New Kolvir and submit them to every quest master, and see how many people complain about that. That's the same effect that these quests are doing to keep questers.

#25 Geobog

Geobog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2491 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:44 PM

I'm 120 and have completed 90% of all quests I get from there. Granted it has only been a little over 50 quests there, but if one wants to quest the keep at 120, it's not too difficult to create a situation where the character is mobile enough to do the quests outside the keep. Even a newbie like myself has managed :wink: .