Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Ridiculous Keep Quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#51 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:00 PM

because quests like it distract people from keep -> therefore less pk happens in keep, and I don't see why you would want that.
It also allows low levels to do their quests in peace and turn them in with relative safety unless snare-spammers are around. We also don't want that. Keep quests are supposed to be challenging due to the PK risk. Such quests lower the risk.
I don't really see what valid arguments you have in favor of having such quests...

#52 Asterix

Asterix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:21 AM

I'm sure as hell not going alll the way to atlantis for 7 pracs. NO not when i get the quest from the keep, they should be beltane only, Not enough things on beltane to quest at ie, Deciet, keep, PC... Make more, get off your lazy ass imms and look at the continent beltane has sop much open space, do something with it and stop fuxing the quests *end rant*

#53 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:54 AM

There's plenty of places to go in Beltane, the keep can house dozens of different quests, it has many places which aren't used often in quests. Deceit is also a fine place to have a few quests, and PC can house at least another 10 or so. Combining PC+Keep or Keep+Deceit can yield even more quests. And on top of that, there's alot of mobs in the wilds that can be used for even more quests. What I don't understand is why make outside of beltane quests? there's plenty material in beltane!

#54 Ceralyn

Ceralyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:44 AM

As a serious quester, I have to agree with Zak and the others on this. For a level 120-150 those quests suck. You go to the Keep for very specific things. If its for a trunk, those quests are USELESS. Doesn't matter who you have helping you, doesn't matter how many people are backing you up. Speed is what wins the trunk. And I'm not talking about to run from pkers. If you're going for the thrill of the pk, then wow.. you'll get lots of that in while running to Ogre Village. /sarcasm. Not many 120's have a boat. And if you're thinking Merdraco as the answer, I'm thinking I can grow old other more pleasant ways. Run the whole way to Ogre. Oh yeah thats a good idea. Take about as long as the damned boat to get there, IF, you catch it going the right way. And I bet there are a TON of 120's that have mastered blink and teleport spells, or even the magic carpet spell. /rant.

And the quests that Zak logged for everyone to see, as a 120 I wouldn't have done a quest that made me run that far for only 5-6 practices. I'd run into cpk in the same building for that, but not the distance from PC to OV. And if thats what I'd get at 180 for rewards there..then I wouldn't quest there anymore. I'd rather have the 8-9 prac quests from Rune that make me run to ToA and Sigil. There is no point to quest in the Keep if thats the crap being handed out.

On a side note: the idea of decreased rewards for questing needs to be shoved up the ass of the people who suggested it. That and they should be forced to get every last 4 prac quest in the game at level 180+. See how much they like getting the 40/4 quests over and over and over.

#55 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

I get those quests at Archon.

#56 Guest_anildor_*

Guest_anildor_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:07 AM

Yes, these quests to go rune/temp/telli/sigil are totally ridiculous. And I get them like 75% of the time, thus turning in most of them. Please do something about this.

#57 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

I also like the fact of how I submitted 20 some odd new quests for the keep, with about half of them being 180-241 or 200-241 or so, and then having about 90% of them tweaked down to max level 240, therefore making them almost all useless to the main people that quest there. Thanks imms, for wasting my time on that. Also a great way to discourage people from submitting new quests, when they try to help themselves and their friends out by doing something like that, and then getting screwed out of their own time.

#58 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:14 AM

And in addition to my previous rant, I'm willing to go through and list every quest that happened to if the immortals are willing to change it.

#59 Guest_tithrus_*

Guest_tithrus_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:38 PM

Okay. Even though I still don't understand your position and I view this thread as a waste of your time and that of others, I'd still ask you to hear me out on this much: You've been fighting on this thread for over a month now with absolutely no Immortal response. Why bother? You seem stressed enough as is.

#60 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:14 AM

Because, I'm hoping they'll read this and understand how players actually feel, and will come to some compromise.

#61 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:57 AM

Why's it any of Tithrus's business why Zak keeps persuing this thread? If Zak gives it up, I'll take the reins and keep pushing it forward, using my own.. unique talent at getting people's attention..

#62 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:41 AM

That area at the end of the Southern Jungle Road should be opened up. Then there'd be more Beltane locations to write quests for.