Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Ganuk Expansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#26 Thanis

Thanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:36 PM

Speaking of Hotel Hello, a stop in the underworld needs to be added at a hefty price of 50 to 75k a ticket.

#27 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:49 PM

I don't think so..

#28 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:07 PM

If you're going to get realistic about it, a restaurant doesn't double it's prices when it wants to expand...it saves and does it when its business is good.

Prices in restaurant will always rise during expansion to cover some its costs.

#29 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

Prices shouldn't have to rise in any well thought out business except to match inflation and cover increased costs.

#30 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:18 PM

[quote]Desert of Thorn are so close to Rune [code=auto:0]

Um no.

#31 Censored

Censored

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:44 AM

Actually yes, Yien. You can make it to thorn in 3 speedpaths from Rune with no problems. I think it should only be one destination per continent.

ie: Sigil/Vospire, Pirates Cove/Maldras, Arcane, Tellerium/Templeton.
There isn't any valid reason to use the worm to get to Lowangen, thorne, toa, and especially New Rigel. When it's easier and faster to just walk there.

#32 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:32 AM

people seem to forget the worm is most used by first classers those with low stamina.
first classers who quest in rune been send to ToA/Lowangen alot , it's silly to take those places away from the worm , i think people with more as 1K stamina should be banned seeing how they can even ocean walk faster to telli/temp as a lvl 25 char with only 300 stamina to lowangen or ToA.

all i have seen on this topic so far are selfish people who only think about them self , lazy archons who don't want to walk and think they own the game only cus they are archon tsk tsk not good.

speedwalk ? lol give me a break , those land sharks are agro even with levitation they attack out of the blues , and how many speedwalks you think a lvl 25 char will need with only like 300 stamina ?

#33 Rorthron

Rorthron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:32 AM

It's possible for even a low a first classer to walk from:
Rune - NR
Rune - Wroth
Lowangen - Desert
Templeton - Tellerium

Therefore the worm doesnt need to go to all these places.

speedwalk ? lol give me a break , those land sharks are agro even with levitation they attack out of the blues , and how many speedwalks you think a lvl 25 char will need with only like 300 stamina ?

As for speedwalks... if you set your speedwalks to run through the wilds where you know there are agro mobs, ie the landsharks, then you really do need help.
Most people set speedwalks to go along the roads, to use less stamina and avoid agro mobs.
There are also plenty of mounts available for people with low stamina. Rune stables are not hard to find. Most of the mounts are usable by low 1st classers, and have good stamina as well - perfect for a nice walk to NR or Wroth.
Stop encouraging them to be lazy, and get them used to walking, and they wont become these 'lazy archons' you seem to hate so much.

#34 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:22 AM

It's possible for even a low a first classer to walk from:
Rune - NR
Rune - Wroth
Lowangen - Desert
Templeton - Tellerium

Therefore the worm doesnt need to go to all these places.

Rothron go stand in line with the rest of the selfish people , what seems poseble for you might be a huge thing for some one else , don't go talk for every one okay leave it up to the player him/her self if he/she wants to use the worm to even New Rigel.

maybe this new rule will bring some politeness and dignaty into the game and learn people to actually try and be nice to others for a change , maybe one day it might come so far that people will step aside and let some one on a quest go first , one thing is sure , it's a great step in the right derection of tapping spammers and rude people on thier fingers that they do not own this game

#35 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:13 AM

Boohoo hooo hooo

#36 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:35 AM

don't go talk for every one okay

What were you just doing?

As for politeness and dignity: Perhaps not throwing a temper tantrum on the message boards, throwing insults, and posting rather incomprehensible and unthought-out posts would increase these two qualities.

Not only are there road signs, mounts, and levitation items, but there are also other modes of transportation on Sepharia.

#37 Cyko

Cyko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:45 AM

Nothing needs to be taken off ganuk or added. The destinations there are not always for practical reasons but more of RP reasons. Sometimes we forget that Alyria is alot like our real world. Not everything has to make sense or become perfect just for you.

New Rigil is not a far walk once you've been there, but a brand new first classer who has never been outside rune might travel there via worm, and work his/her way back to Rune and learn how to not use the worm and save them the cash.

Yes I too would love to see a speedy worm, but I can just imagine digging through the ground without destroying it takes a slow and steady worm. If not, Rune wouldhave sunk into the ground due to ganuks tunnels.

Cyko

#38 Cyko

Cyko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:45 AM

Forgot to add

Thanks for the change Imms :)

#39 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:05 AM

This one time, when I was level nine, I walked to ToA by accident.

#40 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:54 PM

Janizar walked to ToA when she was level 7. She did it back when there was no haste or levitation. She had to walk uphill both ways, and in the snow.

#41 Janizar

Janizar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

Yep, Sure did.
The point is, if you want to get there, you can, even at a lowly level 7.
A wonderful guide rescued my newbie butt.

#42 Nergal

Nergal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

*comforts*

#43 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

ie: Sigil/Vospire, Pirates Cove/Maldras, Arcane, Tellerium/Templeton.
There isn't any valid reason to use the worm to get to Lowangen, thorne, toa, and especially New Rigel. When it's easier and faster to just walk there.

I dont think Ganuk needs to goto PC. It makes travel easier, and makes other methods of travel less useful.

There isn't any valid reason to use the worm to get to Lowangen, thorne, toa

Lowangen can be a far walk, especially at lower levels(I dont think two of my second classers can walk this far easily) :oops:
Also, if you have a bad connection, taking the worm can be a nice way to avoid repeatily losing link, or having to slowly stroll there to avoid lagging out.

A mount may have more issues with stamina than a player. Some seem to regenerate stamina slower than a player does. In some situations, the player may risk having his mount stolen or killed. Mounts may be unable to cross rivers(a lowbie may not have levitation.), due to lacking levitation, they lose stamina quicker, ect...
They might be okay for a stoll to rigel or wroth, but TOA or something will quickly devour thier stamina.

I walked to Lasler to Tellerium, to Frostkeep, then from ToA to Lasler at level 6 without levitation or haste. 8O

The point is, if you want to get there, you can, even at a lowly level 7.

A first classer can walk to Sigil from Tellerium if he wants to get there. If an archon wants to get there, he can.

#44 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:16 PM

Take all the Sepharia destinations, other than Arcane and MAYBE Lowangen, off of the list. Leave the rest.

Of course, I don't use the worm most of the time, so my opinion matters very little.

#45 Taldor

Taldor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 06:18 PM

You could create little hall-like structures on each continent, where Ganuk will drop you off.

I smell the merdraco though :(

#46 Reechani

Reechani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:44 PM

I'm not sure why you all started to get so worked up about the destinations for the Iron Worm. If someone wants to use it to go to New Rigel, they're paying and they've a right to.

This discussion was meant to be about proposed speed increase with a NON-NEGOTIABLE price increase. I don't care if you can give me a hundred and three RP reasons as to why he could possibly make his creation go faster AND keep his prices the same. It won't happen.

So far I don't think anyone has really said, "Yes, I would accept a price increase if it meant the worm would go faster." Which means, as it stands now, it will be staying the same speed.

#47 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:58 PM

Increase the price and make him go faster. I don't mind the destinations unless someone ganks the worm from me to go to NR. As it stands, that's not a problem anymore.

So, double the price and triple the speed, man.

#48 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:02 PM

Until now, Reechani, you hadn't made clear what you were asking.

#49 Rorthron

Rorthron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:38 AM

I thought the destination discussion came up as part of the speed debate - there would be no need for the worm to go faster if we didnt have to wait for lazy people using the worm to go 100-200 rooms away from where they currently are.

#50 Semisleeper

Semisleeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:55 AM

Yes, I would accept a price increase if it meant the worm would go faster.