Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Ganuk Expansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#51 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:12 AM

A faster, more expensive worm makes a lot of sense.

Double the price, and half the time. Good idea.

#52 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Boost Ganuk's price to one RU a trip.

#53 Johnnymario

Johnnymario

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:27 AM

No Scrooge... that would be bad!!!! :doh: :doh:

#54 Gurney

Gurney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:46 AM

A nice addition to Ganuk would be expanding his station and adding some platforms in. That way Ganuk could queue up travellers by sending them to separate platforms for each destination (or continent?) And the worm would go to each in turn. If noone boards when it's that continent's turn, then the worm moves on to the next contient without waiting.

Another way to do it would be to give Ganuk your token and then he keeps track of what order you gave it. An internal list of the top 5 destinations, for instance, would be good and then travellers would be told to 'Go to platform 3 and await your worm to Sigil' or 'Currently at platform 1, the destination is Telli, platform 2, PC, platform 3, Sigil' and the traveller could move to whichever destination he desired. Then anyone who boards from that platform is going to that destination, so there is no 'stealing' because you aren't in the room to steal it. Again if noone boards the worm (i.e. they gave the token but left) then the worm moves on to the next platform after a 10 second wait or whatever.

#55 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

I don't care if you can give me a hundred and three RP reasons as to why he could possibly make his creation go faster AND keep his prices the same. It won't happen.

i agree, and i also think that there might possibly be an express lane. for extra you can go into another line and the worm would go a tad bit faster. or even make it go to underworld, for say 15k? i sure as hell would pay 15k to go to the underworld...

#56 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:17 AM

:snooty: Wouldn't that make travel a tad bit too easy?
Also, that would be cheaper than using a decara home to recall to the underworld.

#57 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

There's no logic in the worm , a trip to new rigel is 6 min , thou a trip to say Templeton is also 6 min how come a trip way shorter takes the same among of time as a tripe twice or maybe even three times as far ? , and even a trip to ToA where the worm has to dig through the stones of the mountain is 6 min

*NOTE* I say 6 min it's just a number i picked , it may be even more or maybe less don't know.

I know people aren't used to use logic and common sense here but my idea is ones a tunnel is made the worm should use it over and over if he doesn't I'm suprised whole Alyra hasn't sunk into the ground yet.

now comming back on the times , it took my lvl 10 with only 165 stamina 4 min to walk to New Rigel where the worm drops you and back to Rune , so with some common sense the worm should be faster then that don't you think ? while a trip to ToA took me 20 min so there would it be logic if the worm took more time as well , this are real life minutes i speak about by the way.

now with out having to up the price , the worm still can be made *Faster* yet not on all trips , it's like give and take , trips to like New Rigel/Lowangen can go faster seeing how it's closer to Rune where trips to Telli/Temp/FGK will be made longer.

#58 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:44 AM

so this might make travel a tad easy, maybe put lvl restrictions on the underworld passage's... ive seen first classers on the faerie plane before, as well as many second classers. i myself stayed to lvl from 115 to 118. this might bring some actual reason of the faerie castles.

#59 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:10 AM

The worm takes 410 seconds from departure to arrival, but the actual trip inside the worm varies by destination. Also, it would make perfect sense for the worm to take longer than a walking adventurer, considering the adventurer is impeded by air friction whereas the worm is impeded by PACKED DIRT.

#60 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:45 AM

:mrgreen:

last time i checked i felt no friction in alyria!!!

i dont agree that the worm should go to new rigil, it takes 2 mins to walk it, also the fact that the worm goes to lowagen and thorn... who cares if the player pays to go there, just take one out. thorn would do fine because if you go to lowagen your gonna have to walk back anyhow, and lowagen isnt far from thorn.

#61 Darkmagic

Darkmagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:24 PM

I think that on advice, Ganuk began construction on a new platform for his new "Iron... erm, Faster-than-a-worm-thingy"... the I Ftawt, is what I call it for short.

Tickets for the I Ftawt would be much more expensive, to cover creation costs and the benefit of getting to the available cities much faster. The cost? 2 tokens for the detination city.

Ganuk also knew that low players didn't have alot of extra money, so he did leave the Iron Worm open for business for thoes who weren't in such a hurry, or that didn't have any extra cash.

DM

#62 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

didnt i suggest this?

#63 Yapok

Yapok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:42 AM

To quote Tyben:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Haley, you're an ignorant, erroneous, little moron."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Even though it was said a long time ago, i feel it still holds true.

<3 Tyben, and goodnight.

#64 Darkmagic

Darkmagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

I'm sorry, but I have a nasty habit of ignoring all of your posts Hykou. I find them personally a waste of my time :).

If it makes you feel better, you are the only person I consistantly skip.

#65 Moostafa

Moostafa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2235 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:10 PM

last time i checked i felt no friction in alyria!!!

Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't there.

#66 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:31 AM

moostafa still reads them :D

i wanna play mm in Vr, to feel the friction

#67 Chyribdus

Chyribdus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

when it comes to beltane passage, just take the worm to CTF, go south, and use a WoR scroll, it will take you right to PC so dont start the BS about him not making beltane more accessable.