Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

MM Website Competition 2k4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:42 PM

I think it's high time we kicked this off.

#2 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:12 PM

Just so you know, on your site, during things like equipment reference, when you hit enter instead of clicking the button, the search returns nothing.

#3 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

Yes you reported what you assumed was a bug months ago, I hardly think this is the proper thread for such discussion.

#4 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

I agree, nice time to start it being the summer holidays and all! :)

Zarath

#5 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

I have a juicy Timeworn site coming up.

BE PREPARED KOC! :) :lol:

#6 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:42 AM

<-- Too busy for websites. >_<

Speaking of contests, I just remembered again that I never got my two Vandy orbs for last year's. What's up with that? :P

:(

#7 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:24 AM

They were sent out to whatever name you signed your email with, automatically. They would have been deleted by now by the 30 day mail thing.

Zarath

#8 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:18 PM

Not the ones you got for entering. Everyone got those. I mean the ones that were part of the prize!

:(

#9 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:09 AM

Bump. Lets do this thing.

#10 Olf

Olf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1765 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:53 AM

The same people almost always win yearly. Aodojo, Pkzone, KoC are guaranteed prizes so it's just giving away prizes every year.

#11 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:44 AM

Hi, some of those sites have only been around for 1 contest so you can't quite say that. Plus, the entire contest is supposed to be in a different form this year.

#12 Ciali

Ciali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:38 AM

I think there should be separate categories for the big informational sites, like aodojo, and the smaller sites (created by one player and probably newer websites). Let them compete in separate categories so that the big guns can duke it out, and the smaller can compete among themselves.

#13 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

I agree with Olf , ther is no point in holding a contest just give the prizes over to the same people, they have nice useful sites.

Last year I was rewarded with "site kinda of funny" I'm not willing to put that kind of effort into it, for a kick in in the balls. After which I was told that, Immortals would take care of linking my homepage for MM into all the search engines on the web so that my effort could be a good stronge advertisement.

Just to be clear I'm still bitter, and the web site is still up and search engines still list it. I guess, I should just suck it up, I was played fair and square

#14 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:17 PM

Spiritwalk got 2nd last year in the website contest from never placing (that I know of) before.

I believe all the player-run sites that won were new as well and not from the year before.

I would like some kind of competition for ChaoS' site, to help motivate me. The website contest does this and makes the sites add more and update old information.

Zarath

#15 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

I like to think that I don't compete in the same categories with AODojo. Just like KoC doesn't really.

What I really find funny is how everyone who makes "a site" says "OMG WE HAVE TO HAVE A PK TRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... Hilarious :)

#16 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

Expect some competition Zarath.

#17 Sojourner

Sojourner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

Lothos is right. His site is all about PK and a quest library, with a bunch of other stuff on the side which AO already had. AO is all about everything else, with the PK stuff on the side.

And IMO, the KOC site needs to look at navigation and layout. That site makes me cringe trying to find anything. PKzone and AO do a MUCH better job on that score.

#18 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:38 PM

Koc has turned into an old decaying library. Useful, but it smelly and needs repairs.

#19 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:41 PM

We did add the websites to the search engines, I'm not sure what your problem is there Vswan :P The dmoz.org directory (which is used by a lot of places), at least. We've been trying to add our sites to Yahoo for years now but they keep ignoring our submissions.

The comments the judges gave were their own, you need to remember you're submitting the site to be judged by your peers, judging implies that it may be judged good or bad, or somewhere inbetween.

#20 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Hmm... I'm not very experienced with restoring books. Can anyone give me some suggestions? :P

I would still like some kind of comment on when the website contest will be. I WANT comeptetion. I don't mind if I lose. :)

Zarath

#21 Nemori

Nemori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:33 PM

Bump.

:think:
Well? Is this still happening?

#22 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:12 PM

Well, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this, this year?

The categories I think need work.

#23 Jibba

Jibba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

The same people win every year...

I would suggest making new categories like most unique...

On a side note: Ascendancy will be entering this year. Fear my elite MS Paint skills.

#24 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

We have those. We have overall categories, then we have sub categories and the "Best of Category" awards. People won on all of them. I gave out a TON of rewards last year. Take a look at the rules from last year and the winners.

#25 Trajan

Trajan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:25 PM

Unfortunately Knight I am clanless now, so I won't be combating you anymore :(

I do plan to do a personal site!