Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Materia Magica Development Meeting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

Materia Magica will be holding what will hopefully be the first of a series of quarterly planning and feedback meetings designed to get opinions and feedback from players as to the direction and development of the game.

This moderated event will be broken up into two discussions, focusing on 1) the game itself, and 2) the Materia Magica website. The event will be held in-game, in the moderated chat room "mm" in the Crawlspace. In order to keep this event from becoming too chaotic, a maximum of 35 players will be permitted to attend, so if you wish to attend this meeting, please make sure you get there in a timely manner.

The Materia Magica panel will consist of Vassago and a selection of other Immortals. A moderator will be present who will coordinate the questions, comments, and concerns presented to the Materia Magica panel.

This event will take place Friday, July 16th, at 9:00pm Central Standard Time (game time).

#2 Belgarion

Belgarion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

Great idea, I look forward to the meeting.

#3 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

Can I reserve a spot right now?

#4 Belgarion

Belgarion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

If it is possible to reserve a spot, I would really like to reserve one as well.

#5 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

I, as well. I'd really like to participate.

#6 Matthia

Matthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:11 PM

Aye, me as well.

#7 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

I just assumed that it'd be simpler to create a list of people who wanted to attend, and invite them according to when they joined the queue. If anyone leaves or doesn't show up, then the next person on would be invited to join in.

#8 Sabon

Sabon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:15 PM

No offense Vass, but on a friday night? Please

#9 Gunbladee

Gunbladee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

Hopefully im on, and can witness was great changes shall be considered hehe

#10 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

If I'm home I'd like to attend, but the chances of me being around at that time are pretty slim... unless we're going out late that night. Save me a spot?

#11 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

I agree 100% with Zak here, see who wants to attend and then send out invites, it will be more organized and will probably start at a more prompt time thus being a smoother meeting. Perhaps if people knew if they were to be involved, they could discuss things amongst their peers/clans, and bring up points of discussion at the meeting. Just a thought...

#12 Isis

Isis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:31 PM

Sounds really great and yes if poseble i would really like to reserve a spot as well as i really would like to attend

#13 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:38 PM

Let's make it a requirement that your proficiency in 'grammar' must be greater than or equal to 90% to attend this meeting, at least.

#14 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

This is an invitation for some ass to relay and spam 'FIX PK', you know.

#15 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:24 PM

...or perhaps to present ideas directly to immortals in a concise, professional manner, as opposed to screwing around on message boards wondering if and when these ideas are ever read.

#16 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:26 PM

I'm sure PK and things that revolve around it will be the central idea of the discussion, but I'm also sure that there'll be other topics presented and discussed that don't pertain to PK at all.

#17 Borgmanson

Borgmanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

I don't think a "first come first serve" basis is going to accomplish anything.

#18 Swsoulja

Swsoulja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

I'm gonna definately be there, I think anyone who does't have a 180+ char shouldn't show up, but hey...thats what I think.

#19 Guest_chamone_*

Guest_chamone_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Are there any plans to post logs of these meetings somewhere on the website?

#20 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

Friday nights blarg...

I hope someone posts the logs somewhere. I also hope it will be highly structured so it won't end up being an hour about pk or an hour about roleplaying.
If possible I would suggest having a mirror chat room where people can listen to what is being said, but nothing more. That way people can relay their thoughts to someone already there.
I don't know how viable of an option that is though.

#21 Demise

Demise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

I'm gonna definately be there, I think anyone who does't have a 180+ char shouldn't show up, but hey...thats what I think.

Here's what i think.

Swsoulja, if you believe that the majority of players who play this game are level 180+ you are sadly mistaken. According to the WHO i just did in game, there are 106 players at level 180 or higher. There are almost double(196) the amount of players between levels 1 and 179.

A simple sugjestion Vassago, close minded players like Swsoulja should be prevented from taking part in this meeting and instead their place should be given to a 1st or 2nd classer. This way one specific section of the game will not receive an abundance of the input you'll be receiving. I'd much rather listen to what a level 60, 90, 120, etc has to say then some jerk who will pretty much give you "This game sucks compared to moongate, being an archon is pointless, the quest system is stupid, cater to my every need because i'm a selfish ass".

My opinion on the meeting idea...it's 5 years overdue. If this had taken place durring the development of Materia Magica I believe the MM world would be a much better place. It's a great idea and i really hope it has a positive outcome, but i'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch.

#22 Swsoulja

Swsoulja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

I don't want to listen to some newbie talk about something they know nothing about. I don't really care what level you are as long as you're experienced and thats usually when you're 180+. :roll:

#23 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:49 PM

From the eyes of a recent remort I'll put down my 2 cents.

I think there should be some equal representation among the classes with archons having the majority. Everyone has a say in this game, you can't become and archon without leveling 239 times. I would also like to see some older impact players attend.

I would also like to attend. If I go, I will log it for whoever would like to read it.

#24 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

Demise: We've had several meetings like this before, as well as suggestion forms available on the website, so I'm not sure what you mean by people never being consulted. The game, as it is today, is a reflection of the players and the Imms, not one or the other.

I do not have the time to make a representative list and collect only people from levels x to y or whatever. I realize that might be more fair, but then again you can never tell if someone's an alt or not, so then again it might not.

I'm still trying to decide how we will get people into the area. We will probably let people relay from the chat room before the discussion begins if they want, then kick anyone else out remaining, then allow people to join after that to make sure it's fairly fair.

I'm sure we will log it and preserve it somewhere.

#25 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

Demise your numbers are skewed. How many of those do you think are alts? How many were in social...
Don't act if this will be the ONLY source to relay your opinion.
I really hope some people will get gagged when they go off topic like demise has done.