Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Materia Magica Development Meeting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_nicias_*

Guest_nicias_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

Why not set it up like a closed wedding chapel and have invitations?

Such as this Friday's topic is PK. Then mail out invitations. You give the invitations to Celestia's wedding planner mobs and then you are whisked to the forum. You could even have 2 immortals in each wedding chapel and have one chapel for PK, one for classes, one for spells or skills...

Next Friday's topic is economy. etc

Here is a daring idea that I know people won't like. Make it like a politcal fundraiser with the invitations in a shop at 1 mil gold each! Think of it like Vassago is the keynote speaker, etc...

#27 Ich

Ich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

You know, Nicias, that's not a good way to get people to come to a meeting.

#28 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:33 PM

#29 Belgarion

Belgarion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:42 PM

It would be foolish to restrict the meeting to people who are 180+ and ignore the input of all people of lower levels. That being said, it would be equally foolish to invite players below 180 who do not know enough about the game to contribute to the meeting. Players below level 180 should definitely be present at the meeting, but only those that have enough experience to contribute to it should attend.

#30 Guest_nicias_*

Guest_nicias_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Yes, I agree. On a first come, first serve meeting I doubt that either a representative sample of the game or the 35 most-informed players will make it. Reganrdless, it sould be fun.

#31 Valiance

Valiance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

Whatever, as long as it doesn't turn into a plethora of elitist Archon PKer's talking about nothing but balance issues, quest timers, and web filters.

What I mean to say, is that I hope there's something more to gain from the players input other than what has already been seen on these boards. :think:

Good luck.

#32 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

If it's possible, please try to get one representative of every active clan to attend these meetings and not just any 35 people.

#33 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

If they're interested, I'm sure they will show up. 35 is a lot of slots.

I think that's enough to get a representative sample of the game. I'm not forcing anyone to be there, so if they want to come, they can come.

FYI, no one is going to be allowed to speak directly, I have done this before and it just becomes complete mayhem. Everyone will relay questions/comments through a moderator who will then recognize a speaker.

#34 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

I would love to attend and log the events.

#35 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:40 PM

I bet you would.

Stealing all of the new code tactics to bring back to the homeland.

#36 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:40 PM

Also, I think it's a great idea and could spark some good developments within the game.

#37 Ascent

Ascent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:02 AM

i would love to attend, but honestly, 9 pm on friday, im usually not sober by 7

#38 Taldor

Taldor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, I'd love to see an edited version of the night :)

#39 Guest_zarath_*

Guest_zarath_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

Hm, that will be 12pm on a saturday for me. Well, I'll probably be drunk and asleep, but if I'm awake and at home I'd like to attend to.

Can I just camp the room until then? ;)

Zarath

#40 Niky

Niky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

I would like to attend. I assume I will have to leave PG to join? :(

#41 Extemper

Extemper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:13 AM

All the boys are trying to show that they have friends and are cool by saying stuff like...
man I WILL BE SOOOOOO DRUNK.
or
THE BED WILL BE ROCKING THAT NIGHT.

No one cares if you will be drunk even though you will probably be drinking walgreens cola watching reruns of xena in the basement of your parents house.

#42 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

There should be a 2 or 3 people under 180 that should be let in, if they are experienced or not. You dont have to be experienced to see problems and other things.

I dont plan on attending anyways, but could someone say something about dracons :wink: .

#43 Guest_zakainen_*

Guest_zakainen_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

What's wrong with dracons? See Wildsoul.

#44 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:31 AM

For more information SEE: Elmador, Enbringer.

#45 Guest_hykou_*

Guest_hykou_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

like vass said, there isnt a level restriction as long as they are lvl 10 or higher the first 35 to come come...

#46 Demise

Demise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Swsoulja, you're the stupid newb, i've played since 3.2 first came out.

Vass, i realize you have consulted a select group of players over the years, however, i cant imagine the group of players you talked to represented the entire player base. That just cant happen, but if you were to give a certain amount of slots to each class, attemped to make sure none of these players were alts...you just might get a pretty good idea of what people want around here.

A lot of archon's alt characters are archons themselves. If i had to make a guess, i'd say about 1/7th of the current characters online are alts and that would be a little generous in my opinion.

By the way, just did another who and the results are in.

180+: 119
1-179: 230

#47 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

This should be announced through an in-game news posting or else the views expressed will be largly the same as we already see on the message boards.

#48 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:26 PM

Vassago I think this is a wonderful idea, and you time is limited as far as putting in tons of time making list of players and creating a select group. My question is: is there going to be some outline of agenda or topics planned to be covered or is it going to be a free for all (info dump between players/imms)

as far as 35 slots being a large number I think alot more then that will be intrested in attending, I know I would like to be there and present ideas I have had for a while but haven't had a place to present it. (forums are more flame central of anything that stray from the old schooler 3.2 days)

Vswan

Also I heard players were already grabbing spots in that chat room in an effort to be part of the first come first serve situation. It'll be intrestings to see how it unfolds as a tool for both players and Immortals

#49 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 06:56 PM

What's wrong with dracons? See Wildsoul.

*Rolls Eyes* Im not even going to say anything.

see: Elmador, Enbringer

*Rolls eyes* 3 players.

#50 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:21 PM

I think you are misinterpreting.

Its proof that you can make a good dracon.

Quit looking inside the box you newbie.