Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

PK TOURNEY!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

I am wanting to have a PK tournament later in the summer.

I want to know what the majority of you want the set up to be like.

I also need people to volunteer for some player prizes.

I DO NOT want a ctf tourney or a 1 v 1 tourney.
I am wanting a summer royal rumble.

First bracket: Levels 1-100
Second bracket: 101- 150
Third bracket: 151- 215
Fourth bracket: 216-241
(might change break down)

The key is to survive as long as you can. It will be no form, but make some friends and go in. You won't be able to leave the area.

So I want some suggestions
and if you would like to participate.

I want this to be huge.

#2 Blackx

Blackx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

I'm pretty sure that I lost to an earthquake the last time there was a tournament like that

#3 Guest_anildor_*

Guest_anildor_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

How about make it 25-59, 60, 61-119, 120, 121-179, 180, 181-239, Hero, Archon.

#4 Zephyr

Zephyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

If there are enough people for it to be practical, Id prefer Anildors level grouping.

#5 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

me too let's put the mozz on the levellers for once.

#6 Tyben

Tyben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5308 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

The problem last time was that it ended up with people just sitting around and not fighting, forcing Adovix to try to kill people himself through turning the whole place into quake-central. Then when people got enough courage up to fight, it became a silence-first contest between non-formed forms.

#7 Folken

Folken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

So basically standard pk?

#8 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

Sorry, had finals haven't had time to look at this.

Is anyone interested in doing this?

I think the major problems with Adovix's tourney was there were so many people in such a large area.

My plan is to, hopefully, get a smaller area for people to fight in and the numbers not be as large-reason for brackets.

I will make those specific brackets if enough people show interest, but I doubt it.

#9 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

We should have a Fight Club™ style PK tourney irl.. of course, I would win because I'm hardcore like that.

#10 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f*&$ like you wanna f#$%, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

#11 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels.

#12 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

Just a quick idea. I'll think about it more in depth later if you like... you know how to get in contact with me to talk it over. Here it is though:
I like the more broken down brackets better than your set Eron. What could be done to try and get rid of the standing around and not fighting along with all the chaos of so many people in the area at one time could be to set it up somewhat like a royal rumble. This would be where you would have all the combatants in the bracket listed out in front of you. Have all of the players ready to fight. Put one person in the arena and send in his opponent. The players wouldn't know the order of who is next. The 2 players in the arena have a set amount of time, for now let's just say 1.5mins to fight before the next opponent comes in. This wouldn't give a player too much time to win and regen some before the next opponent comes in. This would supposedly give an incentive to the players to kill their opponent faster so he can regen more before the next fight. Not making the arena too big would be best to make the fights go quicker as there wouldn't be too much room to run and hide.

Another incentive to get players to not worry about "teaming up" would be to maybe put in some sort of an award system based upon who killed the most people or lasted longer in the arena or maybe a combination of the two... Sooner or later the arena will have a decent amount of players at all different levels of hp/sp where a sort of short-term alliance could be formed to knock out the fresh opponent entering the arena. This almost seems inevitable for about any type of "Royal Rumble" that you'd like to see. The only true way around that is a 1v1 tournament which is not what you're suggesting.

Anyway, just a short run through of an idea for ya. Build upon it, flame it, toss it out, whatever... A pk tournament does sound like fun though. I'd like to see what kind of ideas we can get together for it.

#13 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

That's a pretty good idea, actually. I'm game.

#14 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

Cool idea, I was thinking that earlier.

The only problem is the WWF is fake (not realistic) and the royal rumble requires you throw them out of the ring, not pin/kill them.

It will be too easy for the last people to enter to win.
Plus that is time consuming, people will want to do "other things" while they wait and then be late in coming in.

I might do a set up where people enter the ring in groups and then diversify the groups a bit. So like 4 people enter the ring first, 2 minutes later 2 more come in, etc etc.

I had the award system for kills and stuff in mind too.

Any other ideas?

#15 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:46 AM

I wasn't thinking of the winner in this rumble as being the last person standing. The last person thrown into the mix would definitely have the advantage in that sccenario. You would have to base the winner on number of kills, time spent in the arena, and what other systems you can come up with to give the best judge of who was the best fighter in the tournament. That is what I meant for the winner Eron.

#16 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

Just for note, that way, the last person would lose no matter what.

#17 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

Why would the last person lose no matter what? By the time the last person enters the arena, there should be plenty of people around to kill as I can't imagine with a time limit of like 90 seconds that a player will kill another and regen enough to do it again and again... There will be some fights that will just take time because of smoke bombs, fleeing and all that crap which will cause a long enough delay that the amount of people will build up in the arena. So it's not like the last person is going to walk in and there only be one or two people in there left to kill. I don't know all of how/what you would want to look at to determine a winner, but I'm sure something can be hashed out.

#18 Peak

Peak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:48 AM

Sounds like a boring deathmatch. just make people sign up for the tourney, randomly pick out 1 target for each person,

#19 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

Sounds like a good idea too, except for with all the smoke bombing that will be going on it may take forever to actually kill your target. It'd be much quicker to just kill anybody.

#20 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:08 AM

Just make brackets based on PK record win%. Yes it sounds cheap, but the BCS is cheap too. Do a double/single elimination NCAA tourney style. I mean poo, I'll do the brackets if people would like :P. I wouldn't participate, but I'd start a pool!

#21 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:29 AM

Double elimination sounds like a cool way to do this. It would give people a second chance if they just had bad luck with lag, spells not landing and so on... It's not the type of rumble that Eron was looking for, but sounds more appealing than just a 1v1 lose and you're out type of deal.

#22 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

I really think the seeded bracket style would be bad ass. I would be more than willing to set up brackets.

#23 Folken

Folken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

I would be more than willing to help too.

#24 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

I really think the seeded bracket style would be bad ass.

ugh.

Id just end up being the cinderella story of the brackets.

#25 Peak

Peak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:21 AM

I don't think it'll be so hard to find your target, and hey u can kill anyone you like, everyone will still hunt and be haunted
:yy: