Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

PK TOURNEY!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#26 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

So has anymore thought been put into this Eron? Are plans in the making for a tournament? When were you thinking about trying to get this thing started, etc...

#27 Guest_nicias_*

Guest_nicias_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:13 PM

Could someone code this:

:frog: induce aggression traps :frog:

Make the traps auto like in PG, so if two people enter the same square, the trap casts a spell so one person attacks the autoperson auto.

Also make LOTS of sleep, COF, COT, and other traps so people who feel a lot get penalized.

#28 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:14 AM

I have become extremely busy lately.
I would do the brackets, but that requires a lot of time and planning.

Making the brackets won't be hard, getting them to go through will be.

Unless the brackets are done in a fixed period of time start to finish.

Anyone want to help?
I will try to be on today.

#29 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

A note about brackets...

Having too few can also be bad. The chance of a level 100 beating a level 120 is low, IMO. Same for a 130 vs a 120.

However, having too many can cause too few people to be in the set. I think one tournement had a bracket with only 5 people before.

Also, you'd either have to give the people less of a reward or spend more rewarding them.

#30 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

Just let me make the brackets. Like I said, it should be done from a pool of class-range, based on win %. 16 seeds fight 1 seeds, etc. Sets the group up for upsets.

#31 Teal

Teal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

25-59, 60, 61-119, 120, 121-179, 180, 181-239, hero, archon. would those be the different brackets? Of course if anyone wanted a challenge, they could boost themself up a bracket, like if a 119 thought he was good enough, let him play with the 120s, but you cant have like a 61 want to drop back down into the 60s.

is that how it would work?

I agree with unby, but dont make it double elim, make it like the NBA playoffs, except best 2 of 3, not 4 of 7. gotta kill your opponent 2 times before you can move onto the next round and face the other winner. This will obviously just turn into every match is treated like it was CPK, but i guess you cant prevent it.

I personally dont think win % in PK should be how you would make the brackets, but there really isnt any other fair way to do it. You can have people like borgmanson(not ragging on him just hes the first person to come to mind), who have fought like 50 fights in his whole life, and won like 95% of them, seeded higher than people like redwing who have fought thousands of fights, and have like 80% win percentage. Also could have people like raged, who pkd a friend like 30 times to outlaw, which in turn gave him a +30 to wins and 0 to losses, makes his % jump way up, even though he has no real pk talent.

Theres my thoughts.

#32 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

if a level 61 wanterd to drop down and fight in the 60's, i'd be willing to bet every level 60 character would love to fight him. The level 60 would rape the level 61 player in just a matter of a few rounds. The 61 wouldn't have any spells and skills back yet like not having more than 2 attacks.

#33 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

NBA Playoffs style is retarded. It would also take forever since you'd have so many people.

#34 Teal

Teal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:47 PM

Ok well if its like a free for all, your going to have tag teaming, which isnt really showing true pk skill, just showing you have someone to watch your back.

#35 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

My idea of NCAA style bracketing != Battle Royale

#36 Teal

Teal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

isnt NCAA style the same as NBA except single elimination? Also wouldnt NCAA be devided into diff confrences, what we got here, sigil keep xav temp as our 4 confrences? :P

#37 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

No, it's not.

NCAA is single elimination bracket style 1 game brackets.

NBA is single elimination best of series brackets.

Any questions?

#38 Teal

Teal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

so its the same as NBA except nba is a series. I considered the series the same as a double elim, sorry. I do think it should be like NBA series. Honestly, whats one extra fight gonna do, Its not like you cant have 20 diff fights going on at the same time. I dont really think time should be an issue anyways, its not like its gonna get shut down if you dont have winner in 2 hours, or something. You can have it set over a few days too. Only problem i would see if getting some opponents on all at the same time.

#39 Elmador

Elmador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

College basketball rocks. :(

#40 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

I have decided to combine the ideas together.
It will take too much work to maintain several different brackets and have people actually fight each other at a certain time.
Sojourner and Weeble had these problems.

This is what I am thinking.

1-160 battle royale.

161-230
231-240
241-241
Single elimination brackets. I will use pkzone win percentages and some personal discretion to come up with seeding.

Lowbies are always having to escape pk (myself included) so this will suit well. The 3rd classers and 120's have the advantage, but if you work together a lowbie can easily win.

Now!
Who is going to help me?

#41 Mithril

Mithril

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

In the battle royale its not going to be pk, its going to be everyone fleeing, smoking bombing, room shielding. There is no fun in that.

Why not make it like Adovix or whoever had a Free for all in rune arena. Everyone in the bracket gets dumped in, they have like 2 minutes to enter combat or they are booted. Last one standing wins. You have to fight. Break up it into brackets. Just have a couple of people following people in arena to make sure they do get in combat in the set time.

You would need an immortal to close off rune arena for you - the main arguement last time was rune arena is no-mount so it puts cavs at a disadvantage. I think most people got transfered into rune arena, was awhile ago cant remember.

*shrug* i think most people would disagree that what you have now isnt pk, its just whoever can flee the fastest.

#42 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:29 AM

Adovix didn't start forcing people to fight until there were like 9 people left.

I will be asking the immortals to close it off, but mounts are not my concern.

Entering the arena you have two choices:
1. Kill people and hope to stay alive till the end.
2. Hide until everyone is near dead and finish them off.

It is a lowbie tournament for the battle royale so I am avoiding some spells-but not all.