Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

This Quest is Called ' w t f '

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:00 PM

I was questing on a first classer today, and Yes Im back complaining on how quests rewards were reduced. And I wont ever stop complaining about this stupid bullpoo.

This quest is called 'Sagesse is Sick!', for Adventurers levels 30 to 60.
Lord Vendredi is the master in charge of this quest.
Description of Sagesse is Sick!:
Sagesse, my advisor is sick with a mystery illness! All of the best
doctors living in Sigil, Vospire and Diocletian have all checked him out but
none of them know what the reason for it is or how to treat it. It is a lot
harder with out him here which is why I want you to visit the best doctor in
Alyria, Doctor Rune. You must travel to Rune and find him. Tell him
Sagesse's symptoms and report back to me for your reward. Also, search some
shops for different potions just in case Doctor Rune cannot diagnose May the
Powers guide and protect you!
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 35 quest points, 3 practice points, 20000 experience points, and 10000 gold p
ieces.
You have 136 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Sagesse is Sick! consists of:
Phase 1: Recover a violet potion.
Phase 2: Visit Doctor Rune.
Phase 3: Recover a potion of cure serious wounds.
Phase 4: Recover a potion of cure light wounds.

This was once 5 practices, now its three. I think it should be four considering you have to travel across continents, and as a first classer it gets annoying. This quest is to time consuming for 3 practices.

#2 Bostitch

Bostitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1838 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

With the new ferry that quest is simple at best.

#3 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

Seriously, be grateful that you get the three practices. Eesh.

#4 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:59 PM

With the new ferry that quest is simple at best.

#5 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:11 PM

Although simple, it can take a lot of time. The Riddenmast is rather slow.
In this time, you may be able to turn in the quest and get a new easier quest, which you can complete quickly.

Of course, if you own your own boat, there is a nexus or proper gates, it probably won't take long...

#6 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

Blame all the idiots at level 60 with 2000 HP.

#7 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, because we all know that 2000hp at level 60 has a lot to do with travelling across continents to pick up a few items and visit the Doc. Maybe your sharp response needs to fall in another post.

#8 Krystil

Krystil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:31 AM

I believe Cyrell meant that since people camp 60, they don't want to make quests reward as much. As if quests are more limited in practices, in addition to the cap, first classers can't max hp out as easily.

With the new ferries and or the use of ganuk/merdraco, I don't think it is too difficult now, however.

#9 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:35 AM

(From Sabu):
Seriously, be grateful that you get the three practices. Eesh.

Yeah I'm sure when you started Sabu Quests in first class gave you a maximum of 1 practice right? You had to so hard...

And Cyrell that has nothing to do with anything, Not everyone is a class camper and 90% arent. I dont know... maybe like we quest to train our skills??? I dont know, just a thought.

And for the ferry, notice how i said TIME CONSUMING? It shouldnt be 3 practices.

#10 Bostitch

Bostitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1838 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:43 PM

There is enoug time to catch the ferry, ride to rune, disembark and visit, and then ride back to sigil to complete the quest. Don't be a baby.

#11 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

I never said there wasnt enough time, its still time consuming. Why do you think you get quests worth 6-8 practices to visit mobs on different continents? Because its time consuming, not being its difficult. Stop being an asshole.

#12 Bostitch

Bostitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1838 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:12 PM

Actually, I get a 22 phase quest from sigil that is 5 practices. It may be on one continent but catching the repop on 22 different killable mobs is "time consuming". If you don't like easy quests with moderate rewards don't quest in sigil. It is as simple as that. There is no need for this quest to be changed at all. Plus calling me an asshole for expressing mine and many other's feelings isn't the best way to garner support for future idea.

#13 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

(From Yien):
Yeah I'm sure when you started Sabu Quests in first class gave you a maximum of 1 practice right? You had to so hard...

No. I'm not an ELITE 3.2 CHARACTER OMGZOR. I barely quested to each quest mark and I missed the third class mark entirely because I was anxious to multiclass into fourth class. You'll see that I wasn't much of a class camper, the exception being at hero. Since 240, I've done roughly 3100 quests. Know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE REWARDING, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

1. 07/31/03 02:19 AM Sabu became an Archon. 
2. 11/30/02 10:38 AM Sabu became a Wizard. 
3. 09/21/02 01:24 PM Sabu became a Druid. 
4. 07/16/02 10:51 PM Sabu became a Rogue.

Stick that in your mullet and lose it, you insignificant twit.

#14 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

Learn how to zarking read you retard. First off i never said you class camped.. AT ALL. I said that for the mere reason you said that breif bullpoo about being lucky i even get 3 practices, which makes no sense because you act like you got 1-2 practices in first. GET IT STRAIGHT.

#15 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:21 PM

All you incompetent baboons should learn how to read (Yien/Gunner). I said BLAME all the people that have 2000 hp at level 60. Quest rewards were lowered because their ABUSE of the quest system brought unwanted attention to it. Changes that annoy the majority are usually brought about because of the minority that abuse it. There's no reason anyone should do more than a few hundred quests per class (average, this can go up each class). You don't need more than that to get the essential skills/spells. When you're hero/archon, you can quest to your heart's delight to get max hp/sp/st and mastered foraging. And guess what? It pays off more then, because for the same effort as 120 questing, you get average 8 practices a quest.

#16 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

I BARELY QUESTED IN THOSE CLASSES BECAUSE THE REWARDS WERE NOT AS GOOD AS LATER ON. THAT WAS MY POINT.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???

#17 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:47 PM

Way to read between the lines, newbass.

#18 Bostitch

Bostitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1838 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

Between line one and two or two and three? :love: :love:

#19 Ryechaser

Ryechaser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2861 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:33 PM

AT ALL. I said that for the mere reason you said that breif bullpoo about being lucky i even get 3 practices, which makes no sense because you act like you got 1-2 practices in first

When I quested in first class 1-2 practs was the average of what I got. 3 were on the rare side and there was like one four pract quest in Sigil. You are lucky to get 3 pract quests.

#20 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:37 PM

Quest rewards were lowered because their ABUSE of the quest system

I completly disagree, Its not abuse at all, its called playing the game. Because some people dont want to be repetitive like everyone else and rush through classes.

#21 Yien

Yien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

(From Sabu):
I BARELY QUESTED IN THOSE CLASSES BECAUSE THE REWARDS WERE NOT AS GOOD AS LATER ON. THAT WAS MY POINT.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???

Hah, obviously I struck a nerve Sabu. Well thats all good and dandy but what the zark does it have to do with "Be glad you only get 3 practices"? It doesnt.

#22 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

This thread is funny.

I do admit, older people tend to want to take away advantages of the younger people. Even if they archoned in a month they still attain that opinion.

But thats ok, we paid our dues and deserve the right to complain!

#23 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:45 AM

(From Yien):
Hah, obviously I struck a nerve Sabu. Well thats all good and dandy but what the zark does it have to do with "Be glad you only get 3 practices"? It doesnt.

No, you're just dense and I hate attempting to reason with idiots.

#24 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:48 AM

Why complain that you "only get three", when, IF, you multied, then multied again, and multied again, you could get an average of 8 pracs per quest like Sabu said?

Sure, training at hero costs more than in first class. But except for these completely rediculous first class quests that give five or more pracs for asininely easy endeavors, you get about a %1 a quest. Same deal at hero, except you have four classes worth of skills to take advantage of, if you're smart your vitals will be maxed so you don't even need to rely on transportation methods like the riddenmast and the merdraco, and, most importantly, you won't have SQUAT to complain about, especially since you can do more quests in a period of time than some whining 60.

And sitting at 60 to "train your skills" is still camping, numbnuts, it's just not as absurd as the idiots who think they need 2k hp to survive.

#25 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

Why complain that you "only get three", when, IF, you multied, then multied again, and multied again, you could get an average of 8 pracs per quest like Sabu said?

The only concern isn't 'I want better rewards.' It is also 'Are these quests worth while when compared to other quests in the same class.' Why should someone do a troublesome low rewarding quest when they can do an easy quest for equal or greater rewards?

especially since you can do more quests in a period of time than some whining 60.

That depends on the length of the period of time. In an hour, you can probably do more first class quests than archon quests.