Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Overrewarding Quest!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_liith_*

Guest_liith_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:47 AM

(From Penance):You all sound like that nerdy little kid that reminded the teacher that she forgot to collect the homework.

Yeah, well, maybe I am that nerdy little kid. I like questing. It's a good way to get to know the game gradually, without getting yourself in trouble too many times. I'm not really interested in rescuing the beggar, vagabond and drunk in Rune for the 134124325th time, even if it were for 10 pp. That's simply not a 2nd class quest.

So, I'm all for more challenging quests, as has been suggested here.

#27 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:18 AM

The mighty arena warrior has spoken!

#28 Acemix

Acemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:14 PM

I completely agree with penance,what's the matter with you ppl cutting rewards that only promotes more camping and the game got enough of that already if you are tired of quests do a treasure hunt or a run.

#29 Kaedhol

Kaedhol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:35 AM

Actually, it's such overrewarding quests(on low levels) that promote camping of the first classes. Sure, there's going to be camping at some class, but it shouldn't be at first and second just because the quests give great rewards for their difficulty.

#30 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:39 AM

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

1) Introduce a level cap for questing at each class to prevent camping.
2) Rather than decreasing quest rewards, add phases or tool around with the quests to make them live up to their rewards.

Using these two ideas, you discourage class-camping and reward those people who just want to work on getting a skill/spell list together which will prepare them for their next class.

#31 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:01 AM

(From Krystil):

There should be other ways of getting practice points as quickly and reliably as questing with so few drawbacks.

Then we'd be getting a lot more practices per day. o_0

Actually, we know how time consuming questing is. You can't really do anything else while questing. Therefore you'd have to choose between questing and doing the alternative to questing, or double your play time. (Obviously, I left out the people who do 7 quests in less than 6 hours and still have time to clean sweep a level or two of the PG. They just freak me out.)