Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Clan pk tournament-preliminary setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Sometime between the thanksgiving global and christmas global I am planning to host another pk tournament.

Nothing is set in stone and basically I am posting this for some feedback.

2 parts!

SETUP 150-241
This will be a formation-like tournament. Every clan participating will put forth 4 members to fight in this tournament. The team will consist of no more than 2 archons and the remainder above 150. (The idealistic team would be 2 archons, 1 hero and a fourth/high 3rd classer)
The area chosen may or may not allow formations. The area will not be disclosed until tournament day (to avoid traffic). This will be a head on battle-one clan vs another. All participants will enter in a staggered format. The actual battle will begin once everyone has entered.
All rules of materiamagica will apply (aka no smoke bombing in a room unless you are the first pair fighting). Attacking your teammates will also not be tolerated. Further rules pending on how you all feel.
Each kill will have a point value according to level (herein lies the importance of choosing a balanced team). The goal is to eliminate the other team with as few casualties as possible. The advancing teams will be ON POINT VALUE.

Suicides, deaths from poison/rocks/water will and things of that nature will give bonus points to the opposing team (a long with points of the kill).

The time setup will be exact and rigid (I didn't do that last time and what a mistake that was) so you will all know IN ADVANCE when to sign on and be ready.

SETUP PART 2 61-149
Again this will be a clan pk tournament, but the twist is the fighting will take place in the CTF arena.
7 captures for the game to end and the spell roomshield/circle of fire/circle of thorns will be banned.
You can have no more than 1 3rd classer (121-149) and I might possibly only allow 2 120's.

The goals are also different in this version. You want to get THE MOST KILLS to win the game. This means if you just capture 7 flags but the other team has more kills then you lose and do not advance.
This also means you can either wait out the time limit and just kill each other or establish a lead in kills and then try to finish the game off by getting the necessary flags.

Let me repeat: YOU MUST HAVE THE MOST KILLS AT THE END OF THE GAME TO WIN, NOT THE MOST FLAGS.

I might put this to point system as well, I might not, suggestions?

So these are my ideas. This is the preliminary stage.
This time around I plan to have A LOT MORE support from players and I will not be taking as active of a role in watching the matches (too many hours put in watching last time).

Post ideas, if you want to support, if you are interested in joining etc.

Thanks!

#2 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

Let's make this clear as well, this tournament is about clan pride.
You don't have to be a 'pker' to participate. I EXPECT clans like Spiritwalk to enter for that reason.

#3 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:03 PM

count me in, and as of now, i'm taking apps for people who want to join clan 123 for the duration and be on my team =D

#4 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:08 PM

A good reminder-if you don't have the necessary levels go recruit.

I hear alondra has no clan :P

#5 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

ohh, for the lower class tourny...it occurs to me that since there is a WIDE general disparity between the people who pk at those levels...whats to keep the best people from clumping on one team?

#6 Quasar

Quasar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

I'm in, provided i get to be on the Redwing/Peanut team.

#7 Peanut

Peanut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

I'm not playing this time, I don't want to be responsible for plenty of kids crying months after the tourny is done with. :)

Good luck with it Eron! I'll gladly help with the prizes if I have any eq left by then!

#8 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

A good idea on both accounts peanut :P

Hopefully timeworn will still participate?

As for dragonburner's comment-
The prizes, more than likely, will be clan oriented.
So theres no point for everyone to join 123 unless they plan on staying and care about their clan.

CLAN PRIDE!

#9 Quasar

Quasar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

(From Peanut):
I'm not playing this time, I don't want to be responsible for plenty of kids crying months after the tourny is done with. :)

Good luck with it Eron! I'll gladly help with the prizes if I have any eq left by then!

;-(

#10 Quasar

Quasar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

Also, my alt is Glap, and that's the one i want to enter. Thanks and hope this goes through!

-Quasar/Glap.

#11 Blackx

Blackx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

I'll just get a form of sidhes and feys and cast poison gas!

#12 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:04 PM

i still say you'd probably get more interes in the 61-149 range if you did another battle royale =d

#13 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

This is like a battle royale except you can't kill the other clannies and you can create strategies with them.

#14 Nightshade

Nightshade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2182 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:42 AM

I should be allowed to multiplay for things like this.

#15 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

I wonder whether a limit of two archon representatives per clan is a good idea. The clans most likely to participate have upwards of 14 archons, how will they choose! Powerhouses like enigma consist almost entirely of archons and very few third classers or below.

#16 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:14 AM

enter more then one team? :wall:

#17 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:18 AM

(From Alondra):
I wonder whether a limit of two archon representatives per clan is a good idea. The clans most likely to participate have upwards of 14 archons, how will they choose! Powerhouses like enigma consist almost entirely of archons and very few third classers or below.

make brackets. make a 5 archon team bracket. make the 2 archon 2 hero 1 4th class bracket....you get the point

#18 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

Like I said this is just the prelim setup.
I am looking for suggestions/ideas to make it better.

If I did have a 4 team archon tourney, how many clans would join?

3rd class seems to be a dead class (last tourney they had the least entries) for pk. Maybe I won't include them in this tourney?

Or should I keep it open no limit 4 team tourney?

I need more clans to post that they are AT LEAST interested.

High level: (just off the top of my head)

Enigma? Timeworn? Knighthood? Dark Order? Knights of Chaos? Spiritwalk? Prophecy? Sanguine? Euphoria? Paradigm? Arbiters of Faith? Fallen?

Note: I still want the low level bracket.

#19 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

I know we're interested. No ideas right now off the top of my head as to good formats for it. I'll keep checking back here to get more ideas and expand on the ones being hashed out.

#20 Phreak

Phreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

Sanguine would join if you had cakes for the prizes. We're all fatties.

#21 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:46 PM

Agreed with Phreak.

I'll only join if I'm guaranteed 3 cakes, 2 pies, a chocolate muffin, and a dozen cookies upon entry.

#22 Goatleaf

Goatleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

I'm sure we'd find some people to participate if it were held.

#23 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

I talked to zakainen and he said he would provide special pies and cakes for the winners.

#24 Ressa

Ressa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

Dark Order is interested.

What about divide each clan into level brackets?

Do 4 or 5 Archons/4th classers vs. 4 or 5 Archons/4th classers
Do 3 or 4 3rd classers vs. Do 4 or 5 3rd classers
Do 3 or 4 2nd classers vs. 2nd classers
Do 3 or 4 1st classers vs. 1st classers

Have like 3-5 rounds, and let each clan choose who they want on their team for that round. They can change their team up every round if they wish to allow more members to participate or just keep the same team each round.

Maybe just for fun have a full form clan vs. a full form (level mixture of the strongest members in the clan) clan for some spam madness.

#25 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

provide special pies and cakes for the winners.

I repeat, this is not cream, this is NOT cream filling.