Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Tournements of Pride

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#26 Toiran

Toiran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Don't you think that gold as is, would be barely enough to cover all the transfer fees? I don't think someone would be holding all this gold, being it's WAY too much for one person to carry overall.

Just stop complaining about the tournament, can you at least give them some kind of credit? At least they try to manage a huge tournament like this. Stop throwing all this nonsense, being it's hard for just one person to manage. At least they try to do something, without the backing of the immortals. If need be, there will be at least possibly a few Guides to oversee all this. :think:

I can help support all this, if everyone is wanting to at least go on with the tournament. I'd like to know when this will possibly take place, and at least have some help with the Arena part. Possibly a log or something to verify everything is done as the rules show. I'm just trying to help out.

#27 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

If you wish to be taken seriously perhaps you should learn to SPELL.

Aside from that I'm wondering if what you are proposing is even allowed since there are no controls to protect the participants.

If this IS legal well damn..

I'll just hold a raffle! It's quicker and easier :mrgreen: You all just send me 20K per entry and at the end of each week I'll have a randomizer pick a few winners. 1st prize is 40% of the pot, 2nd prize is 30% of the pot, 3rd prize is 20% of the pot and I'll keep 10% for myself for all my hard work *cough*

*DISCLAIMER* DO NOT SEND ME ANY MONEY. I AM BEING FACETIOUS

#28 Guest_fayte_*

Guest_fayte_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:22 PM

ever heard of bad typing! i can spell just my typing isnt the best, u guys just always need guides or immortals to do everything huh! cant jsut let someone do it by themselves! unable to do anything by themselves, wow have u all got so lame, no trust at all in anyone huh! even if i pocket all my cahracter would get deleted for taking over 20 peeps cash! think! or i would be hated forever and not get anything! Im a freaking United States Marine and if u dont think i am my name is Pfc. Joseph L. Clasman 1/24 Charlie company 4th marine division! to think people would just think wow someone trying to hold a tourney without the help of a imm or a guide! also to hold a tourney at this size would take atleast 2-3 hours in game not to think of planning and setting up rounds and brackets! quit freaking whining and what did i say if u dislike dont do it and quit posting these comlpaints!

#29 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

You already are hated, Felony.

#30 Guest_fayte_*

Guest_fayte_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

I have done nothing wrong! But try and get soem tourneys for fun and a chance for peeps to make some cash, also show who really is the best for each class. quit posting hate posts gees!

#31 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

Fayte tells you 'ok lol well repost saying u were joking please'

#32 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

This guy reminds me of Blacksword.

#33 Bortaz

Bortaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:23 AM

Reading this poo made my eyes bleed. Bastards.

#34 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:44 AM

I'm going to say this only once more before I start trolling and flaming.

:clock: People don't trust people on whom they don't have any information from. No profile, no alts, no known friends to vouch for them, no guides, no immortals. (The 'info' you gave us is not really helping, because of Internet anonymity anyone can pretend to be anyone).

:clock: People distrust people even more when they have to give money and not get any warranty of any kind that that money will go where it's said it would.

:clock: The fact that you intend to pocket a fraction of the income doesn't help your credibility one bit.

:clock: When I talk to a person I like to make myself understood. I don't like to type unfinished words, l33tspeak or AOLspeak. It shows respect to my peers, and I expect as much from them. No one is going to cut your head off if you make a typo or an isolated mistake, but if you can't take the time to think what you're typing and correct your spelling (Or even use the spellchecker), then how do you expect us to trust you to run a complex tournament? (Which requires time and dedication.)

:clock: Assuming we get past all that, the tournament logistics leave a lot to be desired. The 'rules' reflect a second classer's view on PK, and I really doubt that they are appropriate to higher levels. The brackets also leave a lot to be desired, because lower class people would not stand any chance against higher levels in the same class. If you're really serious, I'd suggest looking back in this topic group and search for Eron's past tournament. While it lacked in several areas, it was pretty well organised.

Take this as advice from a friend. If you don't like it, then I couldn't care less. Also what you've seen here are mild trolling and flaming. Keep this up and you'll attract not only the 'proffesional' trolls but also the hate of the playerbase.

#35 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:14 AM

Asornewben, I have a news flash for you... You're already flaming.

#36 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

Americans, your country is in safe hands! :lol: :liar: :lol:

#37 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:28 AM

(From Sabu):
Asornewben, I have a news flash for you... You're already flaming.

Well I don't see what's so flammable in my response, but if you say it is, then it must be so. :roll:

#38 Nalithien

Nalithien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:44 PM

Im a freaking United States Marine and if u dont think i am my name is Pfc. Joseph L. Clasman 1/24 Charlie company 4th marine division!

What does that have to do with anything? And I highly doubt you really are, because contrary to popular belief there IS an intelligence requirement for most occupations in the military. Even the front line cannon fodder need to be able to read and write. And wtf? They don't teach marines "attention to detail"? That was drilled through my head constantly in the Army. You should be able to take the time to run a spellchecker and add some punctuation.

#39 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

for gods sake...if you arent interested in the tourney...zark off...

if you have a problem with the way in which he is running it...
organize your own god damned tournament...

if you arent interested in pk...why are you posting here...

and if you feel like just being some flaming asshat, go somewhere else...

its like people who complain excessively about changes that are made...if you dont like them go play some other mud...or better yet, try running your own...

buncha zarking whiney losers

#40 Bortaz

Bortaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

(From Fayte):
Im a freaking United States Marine

Your gunny would kill you if he saw the way you represent the United States Marines, you illiterate twit.

For God's sake, please take advantage of the GI Bill and get your ass in Spelling School immediately.

I thought you had to have at least a GED to get into the Marines. How in hell did you ever pass it? Or the ASVAB for that matter.

#41 Guest_fayte_*

Guest_fayte_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:31 PM

firsof all thanks dragonburner. and second a gunny doesnt run me dumbasses is a a platoon commander get things right! and nathilien or whatever yr name is of coarse u dont like me u were in the army! and i said erlier i dont care i have bad typing! and i dont care to spellcheck it i just want it to get posted and fast. and if u want proof go to Marinemom.com i think thats right type pfc Jospeh l. Clasman. And for god sake i never heard so much disrespect, especially from a former military! nath u only mad cuz u couldnt become a Marine and had to join the army! ( aint ready to be a marine yet) little punk. and actually if a gunny read what i was typing and listened to yr stupid complaining replies he would ahve something to say or two about how much disrespect towards us Marines some of u have! And for someone of u nitwits who dont know what pfc meens is private first class! so i guess if this doesnt prove i am a Marine then guess what i dont care if u believe me or not i know of u by typing on the internet so really i dont care! All i know is most of u havent dun poo! for your country. And like i said earlier if u got nothing to say about the tourney good wise then dont freaking post anything. F$%k!

#42 Guest_fayte_*

Guest_fayte_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

there i got a profile now, i didnt know how to make one since i didnt search or try anything out on the website yet sop read it if u want too, happy everyone?

#43 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:09 PM

firsof all thanks dragonburner. and second a gunny doesnt run me dumbasses is a a platoon commander get things right! and nathilien or whatever yr name is of coarse u dont like me u were in the army! and i said erlier i dont care i have bad typing! and i dont care to spellcheck it i just want it to get posted and fast. and if u want proof go to Marinemom.com i think thats right type pfc Jospeh l. Clasman. And for god sake i never heard so much disrespect, especially from a former military! nath u only mad cuz u couldnt become a Marine and had to join the army! ( aint ready to be a marine yet) little punk. and actually if a gunny read what i was typing and listened to yr stupid complaining replies he would ahve something to say or two about how much disrespect towards us Marines some of u have! And for someone of u nitwits who dont know what pfc meens is private first class! so i guess if this doesnt prove i am a Marine then guess what i dont care if u believe me or not i know of u by typing on the internet so really i dont care! All i know is most of u havent dun poo! for your country. And like i said earlier if u got nothing to say about the tourney good wise then dont freaking post anything. F$%k!

What?

Secondly, if you insist on using a military background to demand respect, you have more than a few problems. No one cares what you do, or don't do outside of this game. The way you present yourself here, is what you give us to judge you on. So, after having made a complete fool of yourself, we're going to call you one.

I also like how you seem to think that since you're Marine, (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one) that everyone should worship you and show you supreme respect. Get your head out of your ass for christ sakes. If you don't want to take the time to type, spell, and converse like a civilized human being, why should we treat you like one?

#44 Guest_fayte_*

Guest_fayte_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

i dont think people should bwo down to me lol im just saying trust someone man, whats so hard about that, instead of saying hey man maybe u should get the imms for help or something, you all just ragged on me from the start so i blew up sorry about that. But come on all i did was try to start a tourney and people decided to call me names saying im a con artist and such. I dont get y u all just need to zark on me for something i wanted to start. I just didnt want the imms to help me. If u nede a guide to over see it then sure i will get one. talk to my friendlist and such most of u knopw them, and i know u all know dragonburner, ask them what they think of me. I m actually a really good guy, i just dont like being ragged on for something so dumb. if i read about somethng like this i would automatically rag on them. First i woulkd see if i can trust them. And like i said earlier im sry for not haveing a profile, well now i do so read it if u must lol. i wasnt trying to get respect i was just mad. I meen all i wanted to do was start a darn tourney. And the money isnt to get rich its for time and hardwork also transfering fees. I can make more in vospire by killing mobs. So sorry about me blowing up again, just dont rag on someone just because there idea, instead think about it guys. And type questions like how can we trust you? or hey y dont u ahve a profile? I didnt use this site till like a week ago and didnt pay much attention to the profile sorry for that. Just dont start zarking me off gees. I just didnt want help from the imms. Thought maybe just maybe i can hold oen on my own, which i know i can but, not with everyoen ragging on me like this. And i didnt meen to throw out military, but like i said i blew up lol, (sorry). Just show some respect to whoever it is and dont auto rag on them.

#45 Bortaz

Bortaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:25 AM

Roseeeeeeeeeebuuuuuuuudddddddddddddd!

#46 Bortaz

Bortaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:29 AM

Oh, and allow me to point out that you being from Mt. Pleasant, Michigan is yet another reason for us to think you're 2 chromosomes short of Down's Syndrome.

How many god damn idiots can one city produce, anyway?

#47 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

It has been a while since anyone attempted to run a public tournament and I'm even somewhat interested in enrolling my alts there but I certainly have doubts. Especially that this has escalated into a scandal.

Good job for putting up a profile. The fact that you belong to a good clan such as Northstar certainly gives you more credebility than all other stuff you have mentioned.

Why should people give respect to someone who disrecpects them by not even bothering to make his language clear? I can't tell where one sentence ends and another begins. You save yourself a minute by not using a spellcheck and waste half of hour of other people who are trying to understand what you are saying.

#48 Mattwill

Mattwill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

zark timeworn :/

#49 Eron

Eron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

Fayte,
What pisses me off is that on a spur of the moment you come up with a tourney idea, with little thought of how it will be run besides people killing each other, and expect everyone to embrace the idea and join...
I worked my butt off for the last tourney and all I got to show for it is 3 closed bank accounts because they are now empty :P

I dealt with transaction fees as well...you should be fronting all the cost if you want to run a tourney.

Also, I have yet to read past your first post. You don't have to use proper grammar (I rarely do) but make some paragraphs and use some periods.

If you truly want to have a respectable tourney, I will offer my services. But there is a lot more you need to do.

Only old people got Bortaz's joke, myself included :(

#50 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

i feel ancient now...thanks alot worf