Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Tournements of Pride

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#51 Worf

Worf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:28 PM

Who summoned the Worf? Never use my name in vain again, blasphemer. Who are you, anyway?

#52 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:25 PM

Irony:

Fayte posts fast & furious throwing spelling, grammar and sentence structure out the window and claims it saves him time.

Fayte then proceeds to post "X" number of times (in the same fashion) defending his original post - how does any of that save him time?

Hint:
If you spend 10% more time doing the original job correctly, you won't have to waste 50% MORE time re-doing the job later.

#53 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

grammar and spelling dont affect anything. you could mispell almost every word in a sentence and the person will still understand it. What is making it take more time is the fact he didnt make stuff clear.

#54 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

That is untrue actually, you'd have to keep the first and last letters in tact in order to sustain what little meaning.

#55 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

If you wrote your messages on an Enigma machine, I bet I could decode them.

#56 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

(From Unbeliever):
That is untrue actually, you'd have to keep the first and last letters in tact in order to sustain what little meaning.

mispelling and making a completely new word are 2 different things.

#57 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

[url=http://eatsshootsandleaves.com/ESLquiz.html]A panda walks into a restaurant and orders a Pizza. After his meal, he fires a shotgun into the air and heads for the door. When confronted by the waiter, the panda pulls out a dictionary and turns to the relevant page.

#58 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:12 AM

ok, so I just about had a heart attack when i read the following:

From Fayte
"talk to my friendlist and such most of u knopw them, and i know u all know dragonburner, ask them what they think of me."

Dragonburner reminds me of a cross between Deathsmasher and Colin/Grandpa.

#59 Shax

Shax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:56 AM

You're a
92% STICKLER!

Yeah baby

#60 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:50 AM

Me too!

#61 Vorn

Vorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:21 PM

Charly says, "Always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere."

#62 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

Heh. I wouldn't trust Dragonburner as far as I could throw him.

#63 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:20 AM

lol, mad because a 120 attacked you in pk? and woulda won...3 times...

#64 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:03 PM

*pat* Can it junior. It's not like I don't know that I'm a newbie and I suck.

#65 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

i am fairly sure you fired the first shot...*looks up the page 3 posts*

#66 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

This coming from a guy who's pulled how many Kurt Cobain's for his PK record?

#67 Viegah

Viegah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:58 PM

I just may have gone retarded looking at Fayte's posts.

#68 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:18 AM

(From Vaine):

This coming from a guy who's pulled how many Kurt Cobain's for his PK record?

immp my idea....when u pray death in arena u go to void, so hwo about when you die due to a spell that you cast on yourself you also go to the void. :D

#69 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

i'd still do it... :eh:

#70 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:48 PM

I think any military personel who had seen combat, and had your intellgence, would be dead. Therefore, if you WERE a marine, you're the kind everyone hates. Cocky, full of themselves, and full of false arrogance. We all wish you had died, and really, really, dont give a damn about you.

#71 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:49 PM

For everyone else, those constant exclamation points are swedish. Id say bamse. Could be tiamat.

#72 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:47 PM

Well dam i know you look at me as if im a newb in pk, well fine ill take that opinion's very but oh well i dont take myself as the most learned player in this game but i do act as if i know a little bit. So in reguards to your post about the Marine thing most of the people who know me know that i am a Marine ask around there are some people who know me. So to state that you would wish for him to die in a combat zone kind of pisses me off since i am currently deployed to Iraq for the second time. I have seen things that would make someone like you throw up. And if your going to make a statement about the military know your facts about them first or perhaps do some research. The 1/24 of 4th Marine Division is a reservist unit so there is a small chance that he has been to combat. Next he is a PFC only an E-2 which means that he has only been in for maybe a year or so. I do not intend to piss anyone off by this post but all i ask of anyone is to either do research or STFU about any and all military / war comments. Thanks.

And as always if this statement has pissed you off, get over it cause its only my opinion.

And is case if your trying to check my credablity Dam my name is Corporal Daniel E. Skelton im with 3d Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. Currently deployed to Iraq in the city of Ar Ramadi in the Al Ambar province.

#73 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

Why would i question your credibility when you say you're a marine? Thats like boasting you're a janitor. You're in iraq? I hope you're the next fallen soldier CBS "honors". Screw you, go home. And as for what you've seen being far worse than anything i could have possibly seen, that seems to me to be an unresearched statement. And that bit about you admitting you're a newb, what was that for? It doesnt matter. If you're military scum, over-pretentious and defensive of the military as a whole, then thats what you are, scum. Why would i do research concerning the ranks and meanings of ranks within a military body that i dont support, hope to see fail horribly? I said naught about his rank, i said that he's likely lying, or he'd be dead, and therefore is behaving with false arrogance. Not that any soldier or military personnel should be proud of their jobs. Scum.

#74 Colin

Colin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:09 PM

isnt a corporal a kinda low rank? basically means you have been in the core for a year or 2 but not done anything worth any extra promotions?

#75 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

In response to your's dam if you dont care about the military why would you post any statement about it at all. Regaurdless you your views or wish's for us to fail or not i dont care, all that i ask is you dont talk about it cause you dont know anything about it -(based off my opinion, found in your reaction's and statement, no hard facts) and i didnt state that what i have seen was far worse than anything you seen i stated some of the things i seen would make you throw up -(agian based off my opinion, no hard facts.) Next i relly dont care if you research anyting in your entire life, its just that you are stating that you wish for this kid to die and in all actuality is that he prolly has never been to iraq much as your self and has no clue what its like. So yes i do not care if you think we are scum all that i asked was that you not make statements about it cause like i said it does piss me off.

In response to your comment Colin, Corporal is an E-4 which is a low rank but not that low of a rank. It is however one of the highest ranks any first term Marine can pick up and does take a lot of effort to pick up the rank. I have pride in my self cause it took me only 1 1/2 years (which is far faster than around 90% of all first term Marines who do reach the rank of corporal, pick up.) And yes i have not been in for that long i have only been in around 2 1/2 years. But the your ending statement of "but not done anything worth any extra promotions" what do you mean extra promotion's? I have been merritoriously promoted 2 out of the 4 ranks that i have. And what that mean's is to recieve a merritorious promotion you have to be the top person of that rank and have the recommendation of a Company First Sergeant and a Battalion Sergeant Major to recieve that type of promotion.

Now if you dont mind, please (and i am seriously asking nicely) don't make statement's about something in which you dont care about (Dam), because there are some people not just i, who do care and are willing to fight for somthing that will make this world safer.