Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Tournements of Pride

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#76 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

Hah. I said i dont care about the military, and the it's internal workings. I do care that it's enforcing a dictorial and terrorist-like man's unlawful wishes, and that it's mindlessly carrying out actions simply because it has been ordered to do so. Frankly, i dont care if it pisses you off. At least that way maybe you're thinking about something, instead of just your next paycheck. Maybe next you'll think about what you're actually doing. Making the world a better place, when you, according to the UN, have no place being there? Oh, alright. I guess Mr. Bush just knows better than the world's leaders. And again, quit playing hard ass. Nothing you've seen would phase me, i dont give a damn about human life unless i know it personally, and ive seen that damaged brutally. I play in cadaver labs, with trauma victims, about every three weekends, for personal amusement and scientific research. At this point its not really research, just exploring, but the point remains. You aren't impressive, what you do for a living should be illegal, and if i had a god, id pray to it that you be hit with the next suicide bomber. You go ahead and work extra hard now, get a pat on your back for being a sheep better than the other sheep.

Bahhhhh.

Oh look! Its thornak! -> :sheep:
Oh no, here comes the people who have been here for years, surviving, and letting history run its course! :dude:
Bush over here, :devil: , has to get revenge for his daddy( :angel: ).

:devil: :doh:
:devil: :quiet:
:devil: :!: :devil: :liar:
:devil: :arrow: :sheep: :arrow: :dude: :house:
:sheep: :flame: :dude: :house:
:dude: :bomb: :sheep:
:angel: :clap:
:devil: :liar:
:sheep: :skull:
:devil: :shifty: :whistle:

Look, thornaks platoon!
:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

:dude: :bomb:

:sheep: :flame: :sheep: :flame: :sheep: :flame:
:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
:clap:

#77 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:52 AM

Did Damodred just get fat, grow a beard, and become Michael Moore?

#78 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with you people?

I think the majority of you need to quit spending your emo lives on myspace, and go outside and actually experience this crap you spew.

Here is the rundown of the military:

you CHOOSE to fight for your country
You don't argue
You get a GI Bill for your education
You get paid
You get to see the world
The risk is that you may die
Choose wisely.

-Soliders get no opinions, they are soldiers drones of an army. W. runs that army, and if you don't like that, you shouldn't have joined. I can't say I like some of W.'s choices, but he's the president, and if you haven't noticed, he's not going anywhere for another 3 years or so. Good luck getting this one impeached, considering congress is pwned by republicans. I don't even know if this has to do with this thread, but Damodred's post makes me want to give him a rusty chainsaw enema.

#79 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

damodred, I would like to beat you senseless, talking that way about people who fight and even die for their countries...

#80 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

So what, because he's not going anywhere, we should accept it?

#81 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

Ok so you say you dont care about its internal working's but you care about us as you say "mindlessly carrying out orders" well what we call it is obeying orders which = the internal working of the Marine Corps. Next you impliment that i dont think about anyting at all in fact i do think about tons of things, people who dont think about anything in a combat zone end up not coming back, i have been there out on the streets of iraq and i have came back so it show's reguardless about what you think you know about the war here in iraq that i do think. You say that the UN says that we have no place here, and that the world leaders know more, well what i have to say about that is THE US IS THE ONLY ONE WITH BALLS TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT TERRORISM!! so you sit back in your comfy Fu**ing chair and dont worry about anything we will keep this world safe.

And the whole thing about you playing with cadavers and SH** well you need some dam help man cause that is kind of sick i can understand if you do it for reasearch or if your like an EMT or somthing in which you have to do it as part of a job but you state that you do it now for mear ammusment hmmmm YOUR SICK.

And your whole thing about me playing hard ass, Hmm well lets do a real quick vote shall we, how many people want a Hard Ass protecting them "Thornak" or a mear panzy who likes to get pissed off about poo he doesnt know, then he read's on the CNN web page about some UN thing and has no real facts about anything makes statements about it on the internet "which makes him look Fu**ing retarded, messed up in the head playing with corpse's panzy like Damodread?

And in case you are wondering Damodread the draft hasnt been implimented so im here volentaraly and could care less if you hated my guts, wanted me to die, or get Blown up by the next suicied bomber as you say. Ill still be over here protecting your freedoms.

#82 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:56 PM

First, learn to spell. Second, the first 6 months of basic for the marines, has been, and still is, to make it so that you dont think for yourself. It's supposedly to save your life in combat, so that you listen to orders without thinking about them. So whether or not it worked on you, i dont know, but i do know that they want sheep.

The balls to do something man? Every reason says that we shouldnt be in iraq. Do you just ignore politics, and what their job is? You aren't protecting anyone's freedoms, you're taking others. And that, my friend, is the role of a bully, a coward.

#83 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

Stop stating stuff about which you have no clue, you dont know what boot camp is like, you dont know what the Marine Corps is like, you have the libral fu**ing idea cramed into your head that we are over here fighting civilian's and the real truth is we are fighting people who would follow us anywhere just to kill one of us. So just STFU about everything cause from what i have learned you dont know jack about anything in which you keep making off the wall statements about.

#84 Jeahan

Jeahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:31 PM

Damodred ,
You say that

#85 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:39 PM

quit with the essay posts, i dont like to read that much :(

#86 Musaki

Musaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:11 AM

Thank you for that post Jeahan. Its nice to know someone is educated about whats happening over here.

And just for the record... I'm currently deployed in Africa where we are doing many humanitarian missions, such as building schools and hospitals, drilling wells for clean water and and helping out the many orphanages in the area.

It may not be Iraq but its still apart of Operation Enduring Freedom.

#87 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

Heh.

I'm not going to wade through the majority of this nonsense, but in response to Jeahan:

Not all of us "liberals" are against what's happened and is still happening in Iraq. There is no disputing that the regime in Iraq needed to change; That's been on the table since Bush 41. The usual fault that is taken is with its handling, which you cannot say has gone as well as it could have. The lack of a viable exit strategy (which, ironically, also came up under Bush 41's administration and is why nothing was done then) and the misconception that constant US presence in the area would be generally well received have also contributed to the public's displeasure with the ongoing conflict. Most Americans (especially "liberals") will be quick to point out that on 5/2/03, this operation was pronounced "mission accomplished" by our fearless leader.

Now, that's not to say that I do not support the US Armed Forces. Quite the contrary, I'm wholly supportive of people that put their lives on the line so that people like me don't have to. The fact remains, however, that people (ESPECIALLY those being put in harm's way) of this country are free to question the motives that drive them to this point, and that's what seperates us from the Chinas and Irans of the world. If you don't like that, I suggest that you brush up on the founding charter of the country that you're fighting for.

I honestly could not imagine that the goodwill that the US came into after 9/11 could be so needlessly squandered because of Dubya's "go it alone" attitude, but that's just me.

#88 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:49 AM

if we were going to invade without an exit plan, we should have at least invaded BEFORE iraq was given the chance to hide its WMD during the months(years?) of U.N. slaps on the wrist

#89 Jeahan

Jeahan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:09 PM

Sabu: I totally agree with your anger of the exit strategy. It is very true that H.W. Bush did not have an exit stratagem in place during Gulf I. But my point is stop bashing Bush for what he has done where no one else has dared. Check up on my founding constructs? I may be mistaken, but I think our founding fathers were taking a big risk by going after the British without support, and did not like the fact that they were trying to govern us from afar. Notice please that we are not governing Iraq; we helped them set up their own Government. Just as the USSR was SUPPOSED to do with the remnants of eastern Europe in WWII - the only difference is we are not being the "China's" and the USSR's who, instead of setting up government for self rule, took over countries EnMass to be little thems controlled by them.

The United States went into Iraq without an Exit strategy yes; but that is a mute point. Did we have an

#90 Pahr

Pahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

Ok people, whether or not you support what is going on in Iraq or whereever...or whether or not you like the military or want people to live or die shouldn't have sh!t to do with what this forum was about. So try to get back on subject. It was just about a tournament that one guy wanted to start and next thing we know, Republicans and Democrats are waging political war on here. It's a role playing game guys...please get back to the role playing part of this GAME!!

#91 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:20 PM

For some reason, the UN strangely resembles the Society of Nations, although I reaaaaaly wish that wasn't so.

Anyway, the political context is far more different than the one pre-WWII. Hopefully the UN will have to power to withstand internal and external pressures, and still have a strong arm to ensure peace.

#92 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:59 PM

First, let me state that no, i'm not liberal. I just like to think. Michael Moore is using more propaganda than the government in his films.

Thornak, my statement on bootcamp comes from discussion with to Marine recruitment officers, who couldnt even pronounce my major when i told them exactly why they could go to hell. My statement comes from discussion with many vets, mostly marine, and mostly from vietnam. My statement comes from discussion with high school aquaintences, some marine, some army, some navy, one airforce. One of those marines died in iraq, and i still dont give a damn.
Why would i think you're fighting civilians? Some of you are (thankfully) dying, and being as you ARE trained, i dont think many of you would be susceptable to civilian fire. But as you said yourself, those that you are fighting would follow you to kill you. Those people, i dont care if they are terrorists, are the people that live there. You're American, they're not. You don't belong there, and they do.

Jeahan, yes, i know most of that. Id like to see you prove the reason we're there, since its a composition of way to many. I wish we were there for oil, but sadly, it isnt so. Freedom eh. Freedom is a funny thing. Why should i give a damn about them? The current way of life has come to be through history's natural course. An trickle-down effect of the many religions that are represented. Why waste the effort, time, money, and lives to interfere in something that is none of our concern?

Yeah jeahan, i hate humanity. I hate pretty much everything about it. Especially american society. Make a point.

5,000 monthly? How many homicides and other felonous crimes do we have monthly in the US? Maybe we should deploy and occupy the US.

Yes, i agree, saddam had to go. But that's not our responsibility. Politics work in a funny way. The entire thing was handled incorrectly. We have a system in place for a reason, and our government decided to go around that system. Now, we're stuck in iraq, with no help, our country is despised and laughed at, and we still have idiot's that support Mr. Bush. If you're going to depose someone, go ahead and just shoot the bastard. You've already declared that you're better than the rules that you've agreed to, and that what you think is correct is the only way. That already makes it a terrorist action. Go all the way, go for it. Oil for Food? No, i would have nothing to do with that. Id say just go ahead and make Iraq a modern day colony. What's the UN going to do, we already proved we dont care, with no response. Saddam making money off of his oil? Oh noes :(

I don't think, jihad? No, i think, i just think differently. People today are afraid to say what they really think, they're afraid to admit that they aren't "good" people. And thanks, i dont own a TV. The happy people of Iraq? Screw the people of iraq.

Musaki: Make sure you get the diamonds!@! Schools, hospitals! wells! all very important, if i actually gave a damn. We're going to have a huge problem in some years with over population, and you're doing nothing but making it worse. Stop it, for your precious "humanity"'s sake.

Oh look, we're back to jihad. Bahh. Stop bashing bush for what he "dared" to do? You know, you're right. I would fully support it if another country decided they were tired of his terrorist regime, and infiltrated the US, captured him, and put him on trial. They'd be in the right, as far as im concerned. A majority of the nation doesnt want him leading, he's ignored the UN sanctions, and is responsible for the military actions leading to the fall of a long-time political party in a country where we have no rights. He had the balls to do something he shouldnt have. But yes, lets stop bashing him. The man has done 9 things wrong for every one he has done right while in office.

I would swear we do, but are you saying we DON'T have soldiers in iraq? Oh, i see, you mean we're setting up puppet governments, and watching them grow, like a pet, waiting to take them out and Old Yeller them the minute they do something we dont like. No exit strategy? Wonder why!
Hey, buddy, we had an exit strategy at Normandy. Germany, we shouldnt have really been in. Hitler was a genius. Went to far, and should have been taken, but we again shouldnt have been in germany for a longer period than to take Hitler.

Don't like what i have to say? I dont really give a damn either. Frankly, id be happiest with the world if the technology for me to communicate with you didn't exist, or if you just flat out died a painful death.

#93 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:45 PM

shave your beard Damodred!

#94 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

Damodred, you're to nihilistic for your own good. That will get you nowhere. Nihilism is good, only when taken in moderation. (or is that an oxymoron?)

May I point out that the last time America tried an isolationistic policy, they ended up in an even costlier war (WWI ring any bells?). And that happened to every country that tried isolationism. Remember the pre-Meiji era Japan. And I can come up with plenty other examples.

Frankly, if you don't care about your human peers, then i don't see what's stopping you from transcending to another plane of existance. :roll:

#95 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

I dont care about the ones i know. Theres about 20-25 solid friends that id do anything for. The rest of you are there to be profited off of, and to fund my amusement. Sadly, my choice of careers is going to end up furthering the human race, but w/e. If you want to take the conversation in this direction, then what the hell is the point of existance? Me not caring doesnt mean i dont have a life drive.

#96 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:04 PM

Damodred i dont care what you care or dont care about my whole point this entire time was if you dont care so much, stop talking about it. And one thing for me to say is if you dont think that we should be here, let me ask you this? The next time a terrorist get's in an airplane and hijack's it with one thing on his mind, to crash this bitch into the most populated place and take out as many as he can. Know that Maryland is inbetween the 2 states that where hit last time.

#97 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1329 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:54 PM

...And this is what a hijacked thread looks like... :wall:

#98 Ladyleonae

Ladyleonae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:47 AM

OK, this thread is so long... In the beginning I had a hundred comments to spew out here about the real topic, but I made the mistake of reading the whole post which made my brain go numb when it went into school essays on military stuff. So I'm going to mention what I remember about whatever military or the tournament... the tournament being what this thread was about in case anyone else forgot half way through.

OK On the Military issue, personally I am not patriotic, I haven't saluted or repeated the pledge of Allegiance since the thrid grade, I do not, however have an problems with people who are. To me, the army, marines, air force, and whatever other military jobs are out there, are just jobs. Life riscking jobs granted, but jobs none the less. I don't think anyone should be made fun of for their employment choices, unless of course that job is something along the lines of prostitution, than hey, troll away. So enough about military and on with tournament.

First, to all those who were passing a brick over their being no immortals or guides to help or oversee it one of the first posts was a guide stating he would be more than happy to help.

Second as for his grammar, lets face it, half the people on this game have bad grammar, you should be used to it and have gotten over it by now. If you want to troll about grammar I think it's time to move on and find a new thread and person to flame. Seriously it makes it look like you're out of witty come backs and are grasping for more reasons to flame.

Third, This one is for Faythe... I think that was the posters name... it's been so long since his last post I could be wrong... You did almost demand respect for being in the military. I'm sorry, but that's no way to gain respect. You want respect, give it. Obviously to a lot of these people yes, that means using spell check... now don't shudder its not hard. Just check that little box at the bottom of your reply to post screen... the one above verify message... see it? it's right there... it says Check spelling.... there you go! That's the one! Now when you click that and than push the verify message a screen will come up showing all your possible mistakes... take note. Copy the text just in case it doesn't come up when you hit the back button... oh I'm getting a head of myself... sorry...

OK so just copy all that you wrote by holding down your left mouse button and starting from the last word drag your pointer- make sure to keep that left button down!- drag the pointer to the first word in your message... now the entire message should be highlighted. Now click the right button on your mouse and choose the "copy" option by scrolling down to it and clicking the left mouse button again. Now hit the Back button and if your lucky your text will still be in your reply box, if not you'll have to left click on the box and choose the "Paste" option, the same way you did copy.

Now that you have done that you can easily go through and fix your spelling mistakes, if you're feeling real brave you can even fix spacing issues... this is up to you... So now you've gained the respect of the English teachers on the game! Congratulation! You're almost there!

Fourth: You mentioned that Dragonburner trusted you, so that should be enough for everyone else since everyone knows dragonburner... Well sorry to say this, and sorry dragonburner as well since I personally have no issues with him, but am just stating the facts... Very few people in game trust or like Dragonburner, so having his trust doesn't count for much.

Fifth: More trust information, you say that people should be more trusting on this game. Well I am sorry but that, will just never happen you will have to get used to it. Everyone in this game at some point have been betrayed or stabbed in the back in this game at some point, A lot, myself included, have been CPK'ed after giving someone 'trust'. Trust is something that in this game you need to earn, as with respect.

OK I will shut up now since I can't remember much else about the post since it was so long information began exiting my brain from overdose... perhaps now we can get back to the topic on hand.

If I made any grammar mistakes I do apologize to all those whose eyes are now bleeding.

#99 Damodred

Damodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:22 AM

Oh noes. They might kill people. I have the common sense to run when i see big red letters like

AMERICAN AIRLINES

coming at me. Maybe you dont, maybe you'll stay to try to liberate the person flying it, and bring them freedom

#100 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:56 AM

immp my idea....when u pray death in arena u go to void, so hwo about when you die due to a spell that you cast on yourself you also go to the void.

Getting past all the war crap, he doesn't pray in the arena. He only casts on himself :?

Also, I like that comment about Saddam. You people really need to find someone new to blame all your inner country political crap on. Seriously.