Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Promoting PK through questing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:35 AM

In an attempt to promote PK, questing at Lord Maldra should not have the two quests per two hours (or whatever it is) limit on top of the 7 per 6.

#2 Musaki

Musaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

I agree, even though I got pked on almost every keep quest I got and CPKed twice in about a month. Its still my most favorite place to quest.

#3 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

The vote is 2-0, this should be implemented immediately.

#4 Dragish

Dragish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:01 AM

i think more quest masters should give pk quests, where you have to pk a player.

#5 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:59 PM

I don't think other questmasters should give pk quests.

#6 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:46 PM

Bump.

#7 Musaki

Musaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

I propose unlimited questing and increased rewards.

The reason?

Simple:

There would be crazy amounts of traffic all throughout the day and night in the keep. Pk fighting would go way up. And it would just be so much more exciting.

#8 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:40 AM

I think that would be overkill. Just eliminate the 2-hour timer for maldra.

#9 Rhombur

Rhombur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

the only problem i see with it, is that there is already some clan supremacy in the keep, what would stop clan Enigma, as an example, from just form questing and killing anybody else that gets in their way. Not saying the idea is bad, its just too easy to abuse.

Maybe double the amount of quests you can complete there and up it to 3 hours instead of 2. so 4 in 3? That would still increase the traffic, albeit not so much as there would be if it was unlimited. but it would be a good last place to quest if you've done 2 other QM's before hand, you could get 9 done instead of 7.

#10 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

I agree with Lothos. The keep is usually dead or filled with players that idle in safe. Seeing Enigma back in there might renew interest in PK for archons of other clans. Though, Enigma doesn't seem that active. Maybe another clan will wind up dominating.

#11 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

No one forces you to quest in the keep. My thought is that you also should not be forced to not quest there.

#12 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:39 PM

4-0.

#13 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

I agree. I also think that quests that make you leave Beltane, are stupid, because what is the point in making Maldras pk if you're being sent to Ogre Village or Sigil or somewhere on Sepharia for the duration of your quest?

#14 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

Is the keep big enough to sustain all this extra questing?

#15 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:03 PM

It was before the limit.

#16 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:04 PM

Besides, if you are promoting PK, many of those quests will go unfinished. :twisted:

#17 Viegah

Viegah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

He-Ho 5-0!

I'm down with the Lothos.

#18 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:32 AM

Looks like somebody can't count.

#19 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Who cares, imp it!

#20 Musaki

Musaki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:26 AM

I was sittin here thinking about this whole thing and I came up with a couple of things. I know the main reason the Keep has been around all these years is because of questing and a decent place to pk/cpk. But since they imped the limit on questing, its not really worth while to go to. Does it seem odd to anybody that there isn't a decent mob to form kill for eq? The only mob that comes to mind that is worth killing is the Yeti, which is soloable and his repop time is terrible.

I bet the Keep would get a lot more action if it had some decent mobs to kill and the quest limit was raised by 1 or 2 quests.

#21 Veerat

Veerat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:34 PM

If I might add something here, I'm not sure which players you want to see more of in there (I am in support of your idea so count me too!) :D , but why would even a 120 want to go somewhere to quest (other than the trunk) that's filled with archons and heroes just waiting to mow them down? It's a great place to quest and I get killed there almost every time I go, but at some point it does become an exercise in futility for many 2nd/3rd classer because even with increased rewards, it's not worth failing your quest over and over because one gets killed. That is of course, the quests gave out like 20 or 30 pracs for lowbies if they complete one due to the increased danger. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#22 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:38 PM

The quests generally have decent rewards for the danger of NPK questing. The problem is that you can get 2 quests done in 30 minutes and you are forced to quest elsewhere. This means that players who want to quest as well as hang out in a PK area are screwed. I see no reason to not allow all 5 or even 7 quests at Maldra. Well, actually I do see a reason, and that reason is because Vassago is a retard.

#23 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:26 PM

make the whole place no-form too? that would shake things up.

#24 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:59 AM

Well, actually I do see a reason, and that reason is because Vassago is a retard.

Wow, that's a good and quick way to get what you want.

#25 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

(From Unbeliever):

Well, actually I do see a reason, and that reason is because Vassago is a retard.

Wow, that's a good and quick way to get what you want.

Sometimes the truth hurts.