Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

2005 Holiday Global Quest Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:27 AM

All,

Due to some scheduling conflicts we have decided to have the holiday global quest this year on New Year's Eve through New Year's Day. Exact times to be announced, probably the day before.

Regards,
Vassago

#2 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:03 AM

Air guitar!

#3 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:03 AM

PLEASE LET IT NOT BE REINDEER. YOU EVEN HAVE AN EXTRA WEEK TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE.

#4 Clara

Clara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

Would be fun with a hack and slash global on new year...The police department is worried about drunk farmers that sets of fireworks at the local peoples in town.. Kill farmers who drink to much of their own moonshine and bring back the alchohol/fireworks to the police.. Mini quest would be to recover scattered parts of a destil machine and make the old farmer to build destill machine to you.. You can use the machine to make moonshine or return it to the police cheif to get pracs and qp..

We all know that alyrians dont want drunk farmers to use fireworks inside the towns..

:love:

#5 Clara

Clara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:37 AM

A big drunk farmer blast you with a 12 inch tube bomb.
You are burned on the torso by A big drunk's flames causing intolerable damage.

:twisted:

#6 Dralox

Dralox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

zark THE POLICE ill go get drunk with the farmers

#7 Blueclaw

Blueclaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

The sad part, ur global idea sounds a lot like things that happen in my town on every holiday, substitute budweiser for moonshine and loggers for farmers though

#8 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

Since we're giving ideas, does anyone have some ideas for global quests they'd care to share? :>

#9 Ledatic

Ledatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

How about use that old fireworks mini-global from the old 4th of July globals. Would also give people a chance to get that mark that haven't been able to since there aren't 4th of July globals anymore. Plus I liked setting off the fireworks, that was cool!

As for an idea, how's about helping Mrs. Claus clean up Christmas. A hack and slash global but use stuff from Christmas like boxes, wrapping paper, half-eaten candy canes, ect. OR maybe have some evil elves that ruined Christmas for everyone and you have to kill them according to class to get the stuff back or something.

#10 Ednarimal

Ednarimal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:11 PM

renegade elves have stolen all the presents, and santa and his loyal elves are here asking us to help round up all of the rebellious elves and the presents they stole

#11 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:12 PM

The 4th of July global was quite fun. Unfortunately, because Knightotri designed it, Vassago used it as fodder in some druid rituals when Knightotri was banished from the realms of > 241. The concept was very fun and clever, though.

I'd rather have qp/pp reward items loading on random existing mobs in areas than a trap global. Hell, I'd rather have a day of timerless questing than a trap global.

#12 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

cant say im a big fan of trap globals either.

im one of those puzzle type people i suppose.

Whatever it is i just hope its not crammed into towns all the time. towns are busy enough. wanna make it competitive.. Heres a thought

span it out into dungeons/temples etc. you could even move the 240+ into pk zones .. give them their pk fix.

The evil elves have stole presents and hid them. kill elves for stuff that gives pp/qp etc when returned to Mrs Clause. ALso have rare item drop thats part of a puzzle to find the stash (possible global mark) That doesnt require you to be 240 lol ill never get the div mark i got the pieces but never the mark cause im not 240.

#13 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

although since its going to be on new years eve etc.. Maybe a drunken enraged elf or something lol

#14 Ledatic

Ledatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

You can still get the divs mark, just instead of pracs and exp for heros/archons you get to go to divs.

#15 Rebellion

Rebellion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

Holiday Global Idea...

Hmmm holiday global mobs have stolen the decorations for the yuletide trees in the various areas. Lights, baubles, tourms, orbs, etc. Hack/slash to get items from the evils whatevers who are outside the city trying to hide their stuff (say 400 room range?) to return to Angel or use whichever. In the mean time good will to all so perhaps mini quests to aid the less fortunate in Alyria (beggars, vagrants, serfs, bag ladies, children,) with food, clothing, items and in doing so you are awarded pps/qps. Specific items for specific mobs with specific rewards...

#16 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:55 PM

creative ideas for globals......... since nearly every player is in a clan, How about something that requires clanmates ( of various sizes) working together to solve an area or puzzle....

Enough with the hack-n-slash seems Like all but easter is hack-n-slash......

Vswan

#17 Dralox

Dralox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:04 PM

Santa claus has been kidnaped by some dark force's trying to stop christmas.
his lead elf needs your help in finding the clue to the force's hideout
thus killing a big mob like a cell guard to release santa claus from his cell which would save christmas

#18 Dralox

Dralox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

oh ya and at least give ap for killing the archon mobs
thats what made thanksgiving global suck

#19 Guest_lothos_*

Guest_lothos_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

Heh. It would be really funny if the "boss" mob had an uber-buff henchman but the boss himself had like 100 hp and died in one hit.

Also, the santa kidnapping has been done. It was the shadow king or something.

#20 Kadd

Kadd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Whatever it is can we not have it in Hellbent? Nothing like a global ruined by hitting every stinking death trap and then finding out towards the end all the mobs needed were on the upper rim of HB. Hack and Slash or trapping doesnt matter to me, just please no stinking hellbent for archons please.

#21 Guest_reich_*

Guest_reich_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

What about someone kidnapping Santa Clause, and the archons have to set him free. You could even give the kidnapper some kind of unique whip weapon.

#22 Bimpzig

Bimpzig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:05 AM

(Vswan)
creative ideas for globals......... since nearly every player is in a clan, How about something that requires clanmates ( of various sizes) working together to solve an area or puzzle....

Enough with the hack-n-slash seems Like all but easter is hack-n-slash......

umm...theres 4 globals every year, 2 are 'hack-n-slash', 2 are trap. that seems more like 50/50, guess i just know how to count.

The globals all need to reward the same. The halloween global is 150 times more rewarding(and easier). Theres more mobs, the mobs are easier to kill, and you get more items for the kill. The only issue with that global is when you have mobs flee that arnt yours. There needs to be more as if the mob isnt for your level, its protected, instead of having archons in nomagic towns, that need to flee to finish it off, and some level 60 walks in and you just lost the last 10 minutes trying to do it and then start looking for another just to have the same thing happen.

The elves idea seemed good. Kill bad elves for ' wrapped box', each elf has 1-3 of your set of boxes that get turned into santa in a central location, rune, for example. And like the halloween global, each area has different types of elves, instead of 2 types for the world wide area (like the thanksgiving global that makes the anti bot kick in so fast)

So, like, thats my opinion and thoughts.
Bimpzig

#23 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

I found the 'hack and slash' globals to be the more enjoyable globals, other than they seem to need to be tweaked to get rid of what I considered horrible coding (Halloween global when mobs fled from the room if someone not their level walked in and the Thanksgiving one, was such a low repop that most people I know who quest daily - rough number of 7-10 quests per day - got less rewards from 12 plus hours of killing turkeys then they did from their slow paced days worth of questing).

I find the trap globals to be boring, and was really disappointed last year when jerks would walk into the room the reindeer or hare was in and would feed it to make it leave the area so that people couldn't catch them.

Globals are rare events, they should be FUN for everyone, not chore-like, like questing and leveling can be. There are only four globals per year, splurge, make them fun, rewarding and let the players enjoy themselves and take out the factors that cause people to bitch, moan and complain.

Another suggestion would be to not force all the heros and archons to have to kill or trap mobs in pk areas, i know most high level characters can pk, and the risk should be available but not the only choice, but not every player in mm enjoys PK and globals should not force them to have to be in it, if they normally would avoid pk areas.

As for a suggestion for a New Years global, maybe there could be demons or monsters of some sort that steal party supplies from the designated most popular towns and areas (such as New Rigel, Tellerium, Templeton, Rune, Sigil, Vospire, Maldra's Keep, Xaventry and Dio) have 2-3 different mobs for each level in each town or area (keeping in mind to use lots of areas so there isn't over crowding in the smaller towns and areas) that you kill to get items (items being glasses, party hats, poppers ect.) Return the items to an "events planner" mob in each area to get rewarded.

Hope to see some of these suggestions used to make this and future globals more enjoyable not only for the players but for the immortals as well.

Aelita

#24 Dralox

Dralox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

(From Kadd):
Whatever it is can we not have it in Hellbent? Nothing like a global ruined by hitting every stinking death trap and then finding out towards the end all the mobs needed were on the upper rim of HB. Hack and Slash or trapping doesnt matter to me, just please no stinking hellbent for archons please.

its fun when all the mobs are locked behinds 3 doors tho and are in form with a boss mob

#25 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:24 PM

Hack 'n slash globals are always fun. But I'd just like to make two suggestions:

Perhaps, just for this holiday season, remove/reduce the timer on the crystal guild guy severely? 4 hours inbetween things that cost 20k, and give less rewards than a quest, is a little much :(

And, BRING BACK THE OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS CARDS! Those things were sweet. Maybe one day, like the old ones, they'll be pretty rare, and disappear right in thin air out of people's inventory when they least expect it :D