Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Adjust the rewards please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

This quest is called 'Home of the Elements!', for Adventurers levels 60 to 120.
Lord Vashir is the master in charge of this quest.
Description of Home of the Elements!:
Adventurer, I am under great distress. I must prepare for a convoy of
dignitaries travelling from the town of Xaventry. They arrive in just a few
short days time and I have no idea as to what their tastes will be. We must
impress this embassy or Lady Undya will indeed be disappointed. Please I
implore you, journey to Xaventry and discover the taste of the town, so I
can much better cater to their needs when they arrive! Visit the town of
Rune and check out what they have available that may be of interest.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 15 quest points, 2 practice points, 25000 experience points, and 3000 gold pieces.
You have 300 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Home of the Elements! consists of:
Phase 1: Journey to The High Altar of Vandyne.
Phase 2: Journey to The Shrine of Maradas.
Phase 3: Defeat Ereragan, a follower of Gath.
Phase 4: Recover a paper lunch bag.
Phase 5: Journey to General Store.
Phase 6: Journey to The Laughing Fey.

Aelita

#2 Guest_aethyn_*

Guest_aethyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:41 PM

Request denied.

-Aethyn

#3 Tyrus

Tyrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

Owned. :hand:

#4 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:57 PM

Too bad, I think she wanted you to lower them. :(

#5 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Isn't the altar past like 10 no-magic dizzy rooms, and also requiring you to pass several CPK and NPK rooms? In that case, the rewards are a poor compensation for the frustration and burnt neurons while trying to go 10 west in silence dizzy rooms. Either remove that phase and replace with something equally time consuming but less frustrating (a trip to Lowangen maybe, in the dungeons) or up the rewards a little. Don't say it's not dangerous. All it takes is a highbie coming in there and dropping a snare. The avenues of escape from there are really limited. In fact I don't even believe gohall and recall to home work from there (not to mention that you can't WOR out because they are silence rooms).

Off the point, I really question the benefits of dizzy no-magic rooms. They are frustrating and generally anti-fun.

#6 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

Look mr/mrs Immortal I dunno who put you on your high horse but GOD damn you are a stubborn mule. No one does this quest at all, it is a pathetic quest with too low a reward for the effort to accomplish it. 15/2 to go to Xaventry and Rune - waste of a quest if no one does it!

Even if you don't wanna adjust rewards on quests don't have to be a rude asshole to the poster asking for it.

THAT IS WHAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS FOR - QUEST DISCUSSIONS

Also how about explaining why you think no, sometimes just a reason of understanding is more than enough to settle players confused by BS!

Aelita

#7 Lulu

Lulu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

Request denied.

How is that being an "asshole" about it? :think:

#8 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

rofl. I received a similar reply to a request of my own, that's just how it is.
Now of course, I did write 4 sentences for my case; I also said thanks for reading this and I added a smiley. :D

#9 Guest_aethyn_*

Guest_aethyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

If would like to go through the proper channels, and get a clearer answer, you are more than welcome to.

I hope that is up to par for your standards.

#10 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

Problems with automated or custom quests within the game? Post them here for discussion.

That is what this message board is for, so discuss it here where everyone can see your answer. I know I am not the only player in hte game that can't understand why you won't raise the rewards on the quests that they should be upped on. This is one of those quests!

Im not disputing quests you have lowered the practices on, I just know for a fact that this quest is worth more than 15qp and 2 prac..it's not like the gold is high to make up for the lack of qp and practices..so please explain yourself here!

Aelita

#11 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:24 AM

Christ, you sure do bitch a lot.

#12 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

You didn't give any explanation as to why (or how) you felt the quest needed adjusting. What kind of reply did you expect?

#13 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:17 AM

I didn't write the why or how I think it should have been adjusted cause Aethyn seems to be extremely rude to people who do, and curt enough with those who don't.

And I don't bitch a lot, I am rather passionate about things I believe in, that quest needs the rewards upped!

And this message board is for quest discussions so the immortal can discuss the issues here with me, why do they need to be discussed in private...

Aelita

#14 Guest_aethyn_*

Guest_aethyn_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

Because that is my policy, it has been a standing policy for a year now. I try not to discuss things on the boards, because it's not how I operate. I'm sorry you thought I came off as abrasive. Most people that know me, especially ones that email, would see it differently.

But if you must know, your logic of "nobody does this quest" is flawed. I watched 3 people alone do the quest in the 4 hour block I was on, and yes I watched their movements to see if they were indeed doing the quests.

This quest is one of the older quests in the book, and there are plenty of other quest masters to go to.

#15 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:32 AM

(From Aethyn):
I watched their movements

That, is rather disturbing news. :freaked:

#16 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:00 AM

How obsessive.

#17 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:35 AM

I dunno.. I agree the rewards need to be adjusted.

to 15 quest points, 2 practice points, 25000 experience points, and 3000 gold pieces

The exp seems a bit excessive doesn't it?

*ducks*

#18 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

When are you people going to realise that questing is tedious, monotonous and boring? They want to make it even more so, probably because soon we'll be able to catch fish and chop wood for qp/pp all day.

#19 Unbeliever

Unbeliever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3673 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

to 15 quest points, 2 practice points, 25000 experience points, and 3000 gold pieces

Well hot damn you get gold for this quest!

#20 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

(from Vassago My Agenda thread 1st page)

Once that's in place, then comes trading, assuming enough villages are completed by then. My goal with trading is to give people a way to make money and gain experience using their ships instead of just going around killing everything. You'll buy low, sell high at other ports, etc...

According to that, trading will give you gold and experience, no mention of practices or quest points. It will not be a replacement to questing but another activity to do when you are not questing.

Aelita

#21 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

So buy some ru and get a gem of vanya or mithra after you go "trading". :hand:

#22 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

(From Aelita):

(from Vassago My Agenda thread 1st page)

Once that's in place, then comes trading, assuming enough villages are completed by then. My goal with trading is to give people a way to make money and gain experience using their ships instead of just going around killing everything. You'll buy low, sell high at other ports, etc...

According to that, trading will give you gold and experience, no mention of practices or quest points. It will not be a replacement to questing but another activity to do when you are not questing.

Aelita

OMG THERE IS MORE TO THIS GAME THAN QUESTING???!?!

#23 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

(from cyrell)When are you people going to realise that questing is tedious, monotonous and boring? They want to make it even more so, probably because soon we'll be able to catch fish and chop wood for qp/pp all day.

I was just stating this in responce to your clannies post Jheron. I know there is more to MM than just questing, how many times do I have to repeat that? Once more, let me say it very clearly I do more than quest, i just do not enjoy or partake in pk activities generally.

Aelita

#24 Tyrus

Tyrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

(From Aelita):
Even if you don't wanna adjust rewards on quests don't have to be a rude asshole to the poster asking for it.

Ya, I don't think the Imm him/herself was being rude, it was "certain" comments made my players after the Imm's post, that made them seem rude. :lol:

#25 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:08 AM

Anyone who does not explain their reason for saying no is rude as far as I am concerned! Especially under these circumstances.

Aelita