Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

I want to see clan war.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#26 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

1) Fix PG. The amount of MFDs and diamond gemstones in this game make walking the moat a joke (so much so that first classers and low second classers can get bravery with very little to no trouble),

If you think that its to easy for peaple to go run the moat urglana then go camp the moat. PK is not what this game is about and to many times have I seen peaple like you try and drive the game to that. There is a lot more to this game then pking.

My personal reasons for not pking are simple. PK is to one sided, make the fights more even, but god forbid that happen. Might affect peaples pk scores on aodojo or pkzone. You want to fix PK get rid of the gossip so the pk trackers will stop working.

#27 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

(From Rathas):
My personal reasons for not pking are simple. PK is to one sided, make the fights more even, but god forbid that happen. Might affect peaples pk scores on aodojo or pkzone. You want to fix PK get rid of the gossip so the pk trackers will stop working.

The Game is hardly one sided...the classes are more balanced here then on 99% of the other mud's out there, pk mud's included, imho...

#28 Vanadia

Vanadia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:49 PM

I completely agree with the balance point DB brought up.

MM is actually very balance in my opinion, contrary to popular belief. It's just that if a fight goes wrong, or somebody loses to someone they believe to be weaker, they won't blame themselves for losing the fight, it's automatically "the system".

For example. This happend a year or two ago.
You have a high fourth classer with a low damage class path, well equipped, well quested, does fairly well in Pk.
You have a third classer, level 180, a barbarian (axe and battle rage) so a high damage class path, very well equiped, and mediocre questing.

Say you were that fourth classer, and that third classer killed you every time, no matter how hard you tried. He outdamaged your heal spam, and in the end battle rage did you over. Naturally, you would say that battle rage is overpowered, correct? Well it isn't. Barbarians have battle rage, sure. But every class has a combination to be just as powerful as the rest. People need to figure out what these combinations are, and use them to the best of their abilities instead of taking the easy way out and complaining.

I could go in, but this entire post is completely irrelivent to the original thread :P

Now, give me more Clan Pk ideas!

#29 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

Besides JUST clan PK and ideas of that nature, Ideas that assist the growth and complexity of clans would be cool also.

for example: clan owned shops, bank accounts or trading item exchange (buying and selling trade items), another thread meantioned Vassago was working on clan ships.

Vswan

#30 Helmsley

Helmsley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2830 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

I want to go back to the times when Eckis and Nick were cool.

#31 Felony

Felony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:19 PM

i didnt read this untill today or i would have put my input along time ago. vanadia had a post about usin clan halls as forts. i think that sounds awesome. i figure if u can have cannons on your ship maybe u can work them into the forts along with drawbridges people have to break/magic unlock then placings your clannies in strategic area's in the hall to defend. maybe like ctf they gotta find something in your hall and return it for a just reward. just idea's off the top of my head but this sounds like a good idea. moreso then the ship stuff.

#32 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

As far as pk being balanced yes it is for the most part. The part that isnt balanced is for example an archon going around killing lowbies. Yes its part of the game however its a bit unfair of a fight to that first or second classer. The other unbalancing factor of pk is the pk trackers. a lot of pkers only kill lowbies becouse it makes there pk score go up not becouse its fun. Then you got those pkers who will run from any fight where its not a one sided fight and they are going to win hands down. If there is a chance they might loose they run away. Why it lowers there pk score and god forbid that happen.

Back on topic. Clan wars where a fun time. I wouldnt mind seeing something like it again. (and yes i did get to see the clan wars just not on rathas, that char is long gone thanks to the stinking army deploying me.) The fort idea was a good one. However if a clan dosnt want to take part in pk, then they shouldnt be forced into it. If the fort idea is implemented then I think there should be a way for those clans that take a stance against pk to not have to take part in it.

#33 Darrod

Darrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:09 AM

I was a part of the "old time" and I used to PK quite frequently during v3. And I'm sorry, I can't relate to ANYTHING Vswan said.

The trash wasn't so bad back then as it is today, nowdays people seem to lack any kind of respect.

There were also neutral clans, Prophecy would be a good example of that. If I dont recall wrong they were also a PK clan but not a part of the "war".

Chaos? No more chaos than it's today. At least back then you knew who to PK and who to not PK.

For what I know, it has been a lot more cheating in v4 than in v3.

How can you win a war when no one ever dies? What happened is that the more important players in DO moved on to better things and the clan became somewhat inactive.

Gaxx leader of Enigma and Messiah leader of DO were also real life friends. I really do think the "hatred" ended as soon as you logged off.

Sure v3 was a lot more PK oriented, I liked it better, a lot of people who quit also did. The races were more unblanced and the classes as well, but it didn't really matter all that much since it didn't take 3 and half year of non stop questing to get a decent character to PK with.

The world was smaller, a lot smaller which made it much easier to chase and kill people. There were some prime spots where you could be most certain to find a victim to finish.

A backstab took away 1k HP, a calm (if they weren't already calm) and another backstab, another 1k. I miss my sound of a successfull backstab! :mrgreen:

And there was no god damn chase lag!@#

#34 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

People try to make something more than it was. Everything always sounds better when you hear the story of it from someone who is exagerating along the way. I have seen some good fights and some bad. I'm sure there are "wars" going on right now. I'm sure people go for paticular people. That's a war in its own. I don't doubt there is still hatred for certain clans. The thing is questing still seems too important. The world is bigger. People are becoming more and more creative. If you want a war, go start one. Go find a group of people you hate and start stalking them. Guard the moat. Wait for them to go into npk in pg and hunt them down. Make their lives miserable on the game and annoy them by always being there hunting. Figure out which quest they're doing and kill any mobs you think they might need. Simply make their life hell and get the person so pissed off that they start dragging in their friends. Then get some of your friends. And just keep it going as long as you can. You may win, you may lose but at least you'll have someone who wants to fight you everytime you log on.

#35 Guest_skitari_*

Guest_skitari_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:51 PM

Let me just throw another thing out there. For the longest time I have hated Knightotri. I once considered him a friend but some reason (I don't remember) we grew some hatred or something for one another. Same thing with Lothos and others. Honestly, I don't hate anyone in this game, it's fun to hate someone though or a group of people because you align yourself with another paticular group. What's this called? roleplaying. Having people to hate gives you people to aim for in pk. So with that, I don't HATE anyone but I certainly do like to compete with them.

#36 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

(From Darrod):
And there was no god damn chase lag!@#

What about flee lag? :(

#37 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:21 AM

You bought your character from Corinim, Darrod. Wtf would you know?

#38 Guest_reich_*

Guest_reich_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:59 AM

dragon4life

#39 Nalithien

Nalithien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Isn't Nalithien the person who started clan 118, and hates outlaws?

Umm...yeah. I started 118 with the premise of hating outlaws. But my opinions on that changed years ago. So that's no longer of any relevance.

Also, I think DB's idea of a restricted clan pk system where you would only be able to attack people within 30 levels of yourself would absolutely rock. Many clans would almost certainly toggle a restricted pk. It's the unbalancing Archon vs. 1st/2nd class bullpoo that keeps people from toggling.

#40 Felony

Felony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

i wish vass would give us some input about future plans in clanpk. whats complex whats not ect ect.

#41 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

(From Nalithien):
Also, I think DB's idea of a restricted clan pk system where you would only be able to attack people within 30 levels of yourself would absolutely rock. Many clans would almost certainly toggle a restricted pk. It's the unbalancing Archon vs. 1st/2nd class bullpoo that keeps people from toggling.

All a 1st/2nd/3rd classer needs if he/she wants to be in a PK clan is throw and a lot of smoke bombs. You can't snare in Clan PK neither can you rs them (you can do it to prevent them from fleeing, but not from leaving the area if their not in combat). So with a quick connection and a steady supply of smoke bombs, anyone can escape clan PK. Ofcourse you have to be smart too. So it might be hard for some people here :(.

#42 Felony

Felony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

id say 240's can pk 180's because they like to gang up and i dont mind killing them. but anything under should be prevented from 240/241. but from there on 180's can only kill 150's and so on down the list. it only seems fair.

#43 Urglana

Urglana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2022 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

(From Krim):

(From Nalithien):

All a 1st/2nd/3rd classer needs if he/she wants to be in a PK clan is throw and a lot of smoke bombs. You can't snare in Clan PK neither can you rs them (you can do it to prevent them from fleeing, but not from leaving the area if their not in combat). So with a quick connection and a steady supply of smoke bombs, anyone can escape clan PK. Ofcourse you have to be smart too. So it might be hard for some people here :(.

That defeats the point of clan PK. Why be in a PK clan if you can't kill anyone? A life of constantly throwing smoke bombs is no life to live. Maybe if there was a broad movement of lowbies in different PK clans, sure, but most PK clans refuse to allow low levels into the clan.

#44 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

(From Urglana):

(From Krim):

(From Nalithien):

All a 1st/2nd/3rd classer needs if he/she wants to be in a PK clan is throw and a lot of smoke bombs. You can't snare in Clan
PK neither can you rs them (you can do it to prevent them from fleeing, but not from leaving the area if their not in combat). So with a quick connection and a steady supply of smoke bombs, anyone can escape clan PK. Ofcourse you have to be smart too. So it might be hard for some people here :(.

That defeats the point of clan PK. Why be in a PK clan if you can't kill anyone? A life of constantly throwing smoke bombs is no life to live. Maybe if there was a broad movement of lowbies in different PK clans, sure, but most PK clans refuse to allow low levels into the clan.

I'm saying it CAN be done, not that it SHOULD be done. This was meant as a reply to the post saying that CLAN PK is dangerous for lowbies.

#45 Iluvatar

Iluvatar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

Vswans' summary has to be the worst I've ever heard of the "clan wars". Darrod gets it better.

The clan wars (I refer to clan wars as 3.2 PK) were fun for 2 main reasons. The first reason was there were 3 true sides, you either were with Enigma and the "alliance", DO (or eventually 2nd and 3rd wars we got more clans to join) or sided with DO or you were like Prophecy and as truly neutral as could be to either side (and still a PK Clan while at it). The 2nd reason (at least in my eyes and my personal experience) was we were the underdogs. Its always fun being the underdog, I mean ffs we had forms of 9 people constantly nexusing to us because we were that hated. Having the odds stacked against you and trying to win a possible fight is always a blast, at least for me.

But those that remember history, DO eventually built up steam and the odds got, well too even and it got boring that and a good portion didn't want anything to do with 4.0.

Today the real reason(s) there are no more "wars" are, as Darrod already mentioned, the world is much larger then previously, no global channel and clans are for the most part meaningless. As a leader of a clan, I can tell you I had a hell of a time trying to instruct clan members whom they could and couldn

#46 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hmmm I guess as time goes by people forget the dark stuff and only remember the glory..... what I remember :

Dark order was the underdogs but they never had a chance they were creamed. Even when they had allies they were creamed

Midwinter was stolen MORE then once. Morganie leader of Mid winter had nudes posted and she left the game. XXXXX (still playing) had home and work numbers posted, Aurak hacked and held MG hostage for two days. as for Immortal HOLY Hell a few were bias's maybe even had some serious stake in one side or the other

Maybe I only noticed these things cause I was attempting to remain neutral....

Vswan

Quotes from " MG town crier"

******Moongate Online's least favorite bad boy has been deleted and sitebanned. Earlier this month Ober (also known as Neff, Tigerclaw, Ibet, Casell, Aurak, and Elmer) was permanently expelled from the game. His absence has received credit for the quiet times that have recently gripped Moongate.

******Before Descrom left he kicked all the members of D.O. and toggled the player kill flag. Though he argues that he did not force any members to leave and maintains that he did not touch the player kill toggle, he was still responsible for those actions.

******After declaring total neutrality Tuath Fiana was approached by Enigma leadership and warned that neutrality "wasn't good enough."

******I was planning to write this editorial to denounce Phoenix's brutal treatment of the Dark Order. The brutality goes far beyond the slaughtering that has continued for month

*****Midwinter Equinox was either sold or given away this month. Morganie reportedly sold the clan to Greyfax "for cheap."

*****According to Gaxx and Shadowlight this is because Enigma is no longer just a clan but "a movement." Gaxx has stated that the movement is composed of the "the most intelligent most resourseful players around." The movement's stated goals are to guide Moongate into a peaceful 4.00 under their rule because according to Shadowlight "...immortals do not lead, nor can they..." and to rid Moongate of "evil."

***** Moongate has changed its internet location from moongate.net to materiamagica.com. Reasons for the change include better prices for Moongate's hosting and Materia Magica is the official name of the long awaited version 4.00 (this one is CODE for those in the know)

******Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Moongate observed the passing of an era this month when clan Dark Order all but dissolved. Founding member Messiah quit the clan, along with co-leader Tiamat while the third leader Tombstone was moved to noble status for a brief time and left shortly after.

#47 Iluvatar

Iluvatar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

The whole Aurak ordeal happened AGES before the clans wars even STARTED, jesus. I mean Aurak was site banned even before I started PLAYING (although he did play for a while under different alias' after the fact).

The Descrom clan toggling/booting happened when I was in Avenger.

FYI TF did eventually join DO in the 3rd war, you can ask Paradox or Gussy if you want confirmation. In the first war DO did lose, but ratio of wins to loses, trust me we didn't do bad. The 2nd war caused either or 1-2 of the "alliance" clans to toggle, either CoP or Caitiff.

Do yourself a favor and don't talk about subjects you had no involvement in. You were, and still are just a by stander and a wanna-be basis historian.

#48 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

Ohhh Iluvatar I didn't mean to degrade your glory days, you may believe anything you want.

I posted a generic account of what I remember sure many are highlights.
The post was intended to be a more relaistic view of what when on verses all the stories that old player tell of how glowingly warm and fuzzy things were. It was excitting but that exciting came with a price tag that generally doesn't get related when people tell their tales of glory days.

The reason I dont think we'll ever get back to those days is because evil and dirty deeds are a common place everyone just readily accepts that that is the way people in the game like to be.

Vswan

#49 Vanadia

Vanadia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

Tiamat was the original co-leader of Dark Order?

:eh: :sick:

#50 Darrod

Darrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:25 AM

The post was intended to be a more relaistic view of what when on verses all the stories that old player tell of how glowingly warm and fuzzy things were. It was excitting but that exciting came with a price tag that generally doesn't get related when people tell their tales of glory days.

Hardly. I wonder if we even played the same game.

You must be the only one from v3 with that understanding about it.