Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

I want to see clan war.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#51 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:25 AM

******After declaring total neutrality Tuath Fiana was approached by Enigma leadership and warned that neutrality "wasn't good enough."

I remember that as i was in TF for most of the wars. I remember Reese, Gaxx and a few others chasing us through the moat :P

I wont get into all the other details of what followed but everyone has their own view of those days. Overall many people look back with pride of one form or another on those days. Whether you were beaten, beating or clinging to your neutrality (morals) whatever there was always a reason to have pride. For some it was pride in their clans.

Was it all pretty absolutely not, but it had a certain label of respect that was given in any group or situation when you look back on it. Whining it happened, Trash talk it happened i guess to me it was the way it was done that was so different.

And ironically some of those same people who were deleted during that time or banned or left the game and have come back under other names tend to be treated in such ways, without the use of "(I WAS SO AND SO) or by being respected by someone who knows who they are from those days" , that they wonder why they even bothered to come back.

Squabbling between clannies and outside of clans with no general purpose cause so much grief its not funny. Particularly trash talk.

The one major thing i can say for the wars is EVERYONE HAD A PURPOSE. Whether to rule the world or survive it and do runs, Everyone had a purpose to what they were doing. Maybe thats what was the best about it. There wasnt time to rant and rave like ppl do now to fill their boredom time.

Either way for me it was a fun time and i wish the people that were around then happened to be around more now. I miss the entire clan i was part of. I have only chatted with a few since then and they have undergone a severe clan split that has divided even them into two very different clans.

#52 Riven

Riven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

Ohhh Iluvatar I didn't mean to degrade your glory days, you may believe anything you want.

I posted a generic account of what I remember sure many are highlights.
The post was intended to be a more relaistic view of what when on verses all the stories that old player tell of how glowingly warm and fuzzy things were. It was excitting but that exciting came with a price tag that generally doesn't get related when people tell their tales of glory days.

You didn't, you just posted mostly lies.

The reason I dont think we'll ever get back to those days is because evil and dirty deeds are a common place everyone just readily accepts that that is the way people in the game like to be.

No its because of the reasons I have already listed. You can't create a war w/out sides.

#53 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

(From Vanadia):
Tiamat was the original co-leader of Dark Order?

:eh: :sick:

yes, and then the character tiamat was bought and sold multiple times and somehow we ended up with the imbecile that owns tiamat today

#54 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

Ah, how many novels could I write on my experiences of the past? Probably a few, but I won't.

What I will say, is that back during the older days, characters were able to be created and buffed up much easier than they can now, so several people could completely remake their character in a matter of weeks if they felt the need to. New class/race combination testing, and all of that.

But yeah. I, along with alot of other older players, remember and miss the old stuff. Although there were only a few PK rooms, in order to grow stronger (rooting, multiclassing) you had to come across those who had become near masters at killing people, and you were lucky to come away with your character intact if you managed to piss them off. (Which, I'm proud to say, I was quite good at doing.... :mrgreen: )

#55 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:22 PM

Managed to read the entire thread now.

Yes, there were indeed three sides to the war. However, due to some sort of screwup, misunderstanding, or whatever, MY entire view on the war was completely backwards. I always thought that Enigma was the Bad Guy in town, not the Dark Order. Why? Because they were the ones who always tried to kill me, chase me, etc. Never DO. They were the ones who actually helped me out, and whom I became friends with. Enigma, still to this day, even though I joined the clan for a short while, is still the Bad Guy, to me. I was friends with several people in The Dark Order, as well as those from the neutral side. I never much liked the 'Pigs'.

On that Aurak note, I believe he may have been around before I showed up to this game, but I'm not sure. I can't remember when it was that he was finally removed for good, but I do remember he showed up a few years ago to check things out, and said hi to me and stuff. Not quite sure why I remember THAT, but I do. :P

It was awhile after I came to this game that I actually got involved in Clans, and The War. So most of the stuff I remember happening, all happened towards the end. Mainly, I recall learning towards the end of 3.21/beginning of 4.0, that The Dark Order, were actually the 'bad guys' 8O

All in all, I'd love to go back in time and relive most of those moments all over again, all of the people, and the killing and backstabbing :P (Notice I said MOST of those moments. Those who semi-know me, know which periods I'd like to block out :doh: )

#56 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

Also. Though you could say there is much more cheating going on in version 4.xx than back in 3.xx, the bugs and cheating that went on then were MUCH LARGER than anything going on now. Things such as being able to charm a mob, and ordering it to create items, 'oinvoke vnum', or whatever the command is, brought to existance several hundred HSAs, and other items that helped with the unbalancing of the game.

And have NO doubt that the game was severely unbalanced back then. I mean, come on. Bard was able to SILENCE people using a song. As well as being able to web them with another. That, plus being able to instantly kill ANYBODY with the kill spell if they didn't have sanctuary on, made for some fun times. I think there are still a few people who are pissed off that an old combo (blind, dispel, blind, kill) managed to get so many of them.

(You would blind them as they're casting a spell. Then immediately after, cast dispel magic. Because Cure Blindness took two castings to be able to remove blindness properly, most people were fooled into pushing the 'cure blindness' spell after the first casting. However, because dispel also can remove blindness, they would be STUCK in casting a spell after having it removed from their CB and my own dispel magic spell. They'd curse and scream about it, because right after casting dispel magic, you'd cast blindness again, and they'd be stuck right where they started, minus the sanctuary. Cast Kill, and they'd be dead in an instant. Quite fun actually :lol: :lol: )

#57 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:37 PM

2) Remove the saturation of clans in the game. Do this by increasing taxes, or perhaps just sitting down and saying "Okay, you have one month to gain 10,000 roots. Any clan that doesn't make due gets removed." People would care more if there weren't so many open member slots, or if removing from your clan wouldn't just mean moving to a different exactly the same clan.

Rather than removing clans, implementing clan alliance may work just as well. Clan alliance may get clans to work together.

As is, with 30 people in one clan, maybe 2 or 3 may work together for a random task. A 7 clan alliance would mean their would be 210 people in an alliance. Because of this, you may get more people to work together for a common goal. With more people, you may be able to do things you couldn't before, like forciably taking over an area.

Simply having the alliance channel for each of the alliance groups may be enough for create some unity between the clans...

Stop trying to put the focus on PK so much.

These tasks were worked on at the same time, no? Making ship combat might just be faster than making dozens of towns & and new trading system which is affected by some other systems that aren't yet implemented either.

Sure v3 was a lot more PK oriented, I liked it better, a lot of people who quit also did. The races were more unblanced and the classes as well, but it didn't really matter all that much since it didn't take 3 and half year of non stop questing to get a decent character to PK with.

You don't need that many quests as is. People just think they have to do a ton of questing. There have been some good PKers who didn't quest.

All a 1st/2nd/3rd classer needs if he/she wants to be in a PK clan is throw and a lot of smoke bombs.

You don't even need that. There is a lack of agressive Clan PKers. When I was in a PKclan, I never even bothered to hide in a safe room. Players like Mikee might remember seeing me just wasting time in Rune castle as I waited for another quest. Others may have seen me in town square or in Lord Vashir's palace.

id say 240's can pk 180's because they like to gang up and i dont mind killing them. but anything under should be prevented from 240/241. but from there on 180's can only kill 150's and so on down the list. it only seems fair.

Fair...there are 120's who can easily kill fourth classers...A fellow second classer may not even pose a threat to them.

#58 Aidan

Aidan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Fair...there are 120's who can easily kill fourth classers...A fellow second classer may not even pose a threat to them.

no, there's not.

#59 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:45 PM

If there's a 120 who can easily kill a fourth classer, then said fourth classer needs to be switched back to first class, and learn how to play the game.

#60 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

yeah cause we know its so uncommon now for those ppl to sit at 2nd class and max everything they have.. 120 is probably the LONGEST camped class of them all i swear. they go into 121 with like 1500 hps and maxxed out spells/skills. its insane rofl.

sure i may not be on top of the pk bracket and i may stab my own foot a lot with my sword. but im on par with the current max level to be max at that point.. i see 0 point in attempting to max that any earlier. I will pk when i can and do what i can in runs as i can. But you should have to have camped for 4 years and have everything and its mother maxxed just to play. Between the friggin pk records, gossip sheets and whatnot it creates more problems than its worth.

#61 Vswan

Vswan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Riven, it's been a long time since I have been called a liar.

If you want to discuss lies, why dont you take a little look in the mirror. Clan (poser) Dark order ? Owned by Paradox, in the old days he could single handedly take out all of old Dark Order now back to stir up the old wars..... who is living the lie ?

Iluvatar on the other hand has his head so far up his glory days that he beleives Dark Order won the war.... the second time.... (uninformed might want to do their own research on the winner check both clans 2 and 10 in the game and make up your own mind)

The orginal Darrod on the other hand spent the war plead barginning with both side to protect himself and clan...between both clans and thier allies that alot of wangs that got sucked.... As for the new Darrod looks like you are having fun playing old schooler....it's a no wonder you dont remember things the way I do, you got your charactor on sale during a K-Mart blue light specail.

ANY of you that want to re-create the old clan wars. I will bottom line it for you all. The reason we dont have clan wars is because once upon a time there was creative, brilliant and enterprising leaders on both sides of the war. War was create and maintained by these people. They did without a coded system in place to guide them. Are they genuises ? or just capible leaders ? One thing IS certain they created their own destiny..... You want a war ? first thing you have to do is take a step off the beaten path because more of the same will only get you thge same !

Vswan

#62 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

I would definatly agree there were some enterprising minds back then. I dont believe it was just the leaders either. The clan system as a whole functioned a lot differently. People took more pride and you never saw this much clan jumping. Matter of fact it could buy you right into the worst of the fight. Join a clan and leave it to find out you wont be picked up because the clan leaders/members were paying attention and dont want a clan hopper during a war. You stuck with your clans for the most part.

I still wholeheartedly believe though that just as much of it had to do with ppl not camping classes for a million years questing till they grew old and finally hitting 120 when their char was 40 years old. It was a race to the top. Some abused bugs, some cpked everything they saw and bought what they needed some relished in the clan wars and formations upon formations of fighting. Which mind you is now considered uncool. You were more apt to hear "wait till my clannies get here" than OMG you silenced me. PK Dynamics take on a whole new level when its a major battle. i.e. 2 forms of 9 going at it with their members placed strategically in the form to avoid attack so they could heal without being switch targetted on. Each player had a role and lived ot that role. The person that couldnt kill everyone was no better than the one who had the hp. Functions had meanings. Tactics change quick in major systems of battle. The ones who dominate the most are the ones who have been pking/running the longest together and know what the other will do without thinking. gear drops were different. Realistically the whole system of play was different mainly because of the player focus. It wasnt about pk records and quest maxxing. It was about playing and fighting. No gossip to go read out of game. You dealt with it in game. You made sure ppl heard about it. Fact is its not going to come back. The people that survived and made that time what it was are either long gone or have grown extremely tired with the way it is now. However how do you through an 7-9 year investment in the toilet.

Until you fix the problems plaguing the server nothing more will come of it. Player attitudes, pk logs/gossip, o/s items and pk shouldnt always = death just because you walked in. If you cant kill him 1v1 grab a clannie lol thats what they are there for anyways. thats how the wars began. 1 killed 1 then 2 killed 1 then 3 killed 2 and then the words became all out war. It never mattered that someone died 28763823765 times if they killed you the 1 time they needed to. now it doesnt matter. the whole server has become apathetic

#63 Riven

Riven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Riven, it's been a long time since I have been called a liar.

If you want to discuss lies, why dont you take a little look in the mirror. Clan (poser) Dark order ? Owned by Paradox, in the old days he could single handedly take out all of old Dark Order now back to stir up the old wars..... who is living the lie ?

Iluvatar on the other hand has his head so far up his glory days that he beleives Dark Order won the war.... the second time.... (uninformed might want to do their own research on the winner check both clans 2 and 10 in the game and make up your own mind)

The orginal Darrod on the other hand spent the war plead barginning with both side to protect himself and clan...between both clans and thier allies that alot of wangs that got sucked.... As for the new Darrod looks like you are having fun playing old schooler....it's a no wonder you dont remember things the way I do, you got your charactor on sale during a K-Mart blue light specail.

ANY of you that want to re-create the old clan wars. I will bottom line it for you all. The reason we dont have clan wars is because once upon a time there was creative, brilliant and enterprising leaders on both sides of the war. War was create and maintained by these people. They did without a coded system in place to guide them. Are they genuises ? or just capible leaders ? One thing IS certain they created their own destiny..... You want a war ? first thing you have to do is take a step off the beaten path because more of the same will only get you thge same !

Vswan

Ok then let me be the first to do it again, you are a l.i.a.r.

Again, TF did join up with DO to fight Enigma, why don't you look in the mirror and ask Chryys yourself? Since Oracle was spawned off of TF and Whisper was spawned off Oracle.

Knight asking Enigma to lay off them? Rofl thats rich, you sit around and just make this stuff up?

Trust me, Paradox in 3.2 was in no means "menacing". I even posted a old 3.2 log on PK zone of myself basically beating him and another vs. myself. Here's an idea, if you can get ANYONE that was in a PK clan in 3.2 and have them name a player they thought was "fearsome" w/out having the bash skill in 3.2, I'll believe anything you say. But since you know so much about PK and 3.2 this shouldn't be a problem eh? I'll be holding my breath while jumping in the deep end of the pool waiting for your response.

Also since you fail to read, the "clan wars" were in 3.2, not 4.0. Since you seem to keep posting bits of both and merging them to fit your own points. But keep making up fictional stories, whatever gets you through the day.

Again Vswan you were a spectator, never in the mix, and still never are.

#64 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

People complain about "unfair" battles because they want to be friends with everyone instead of picking sides and having enemies. The point of PK for players who complain about 'honor' is to have fun.

On the other hand, when I have feuds with players my level, both sides will fight as dirty as possible and there isn't any complaining because we KNOW the only point of attacking each other is to send someone to the void.

#65 Einherjer

Einherjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

pk imo is win not matter the cost

#66 Chryys

Chryys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

Each person seems to interpret the clan wars of 3.2 in their own way, based on where they were situated during this time. In the beginning TF was aligned with Enigma fighting against DO. Can't tell you how many times Messiah killed me in those days, I wasn't very big then.

I honestly can't even remember the names of all the players in the game at that point. Vswan left TF to form Whisper just before the wars broke out. Considering that Whisper is Clan 28 and Oracle is Clan 41 I think it is obvious that Whisper didn't spawn from Oracle.

I was very excited about Moongate in those days, loved fighting the big mobs, being in a clan that stood together and played hard. I thought Gaxx and Shadowlight were gods. I was impressed at that point with what I thought was ingenius game play. Being part of that Alliance and fighting the war seemed fun and exciting.

But then TF decided to toggle the PK flag and stop TF's participation in the war. So many of the smaller players like myself were getting killed constantly. It became difficult for us to have any actual game play whatsoever. TF decided to become neutral at that point.

Unfortunately Enigma deemed that any clan that wasn't allied with them was allied with DO. There would be no neutrality. you were either with Enigma or against Enigma. A very short time later TF toggled to PK again and joined DO in the war against Enigma and the fighting began for us again.

I didn't mind the pking too much. The chase was fun, fighting sometimes, trying to avoid fighting sometimes. Running the moat was a full on war, Enigma camped it for weeks. Getting roots became a real challenge. Oh and I nearly forgot, we used to have the best battles in the arena. Whole clans would jump in there and fight in big forms against each other.

And it's true, there was poisoned food, and poisoned fountains. I can remember Enigma standing around waiting for weapons to be dropped during a battle, and scooping them up. I think at one time Gaxx had more of my restrung items then I did. It became a real joke with him selling them for cheap on the global channel.

But there was an ugly side to all of this also, not so much from DO surprisingly, since they were supposed to be the "bad" guys. The Engima players trash talked worse than anything I have heard recently. The filth that came out of their mouths was amazing, and maybe here I should point out it was only about 4 of the guys who did this. Getting tells about rape, mutilation etc were not uncommon. Sitting in the clan hall in a safe room only made them come and sit with you so they could continue spewing the garbage.

One night late, when the Aussies were at University, one of the co-leaders of TF decided to toggle the PK flag off of TF. Gussy was enraged that it was done with him being consulted or even warned. He removed every member from the clan that night. A small group of us logged on the next day to realize that we were without a clan.

Angry, hurt, not understanding what had happened, we decided to start our own clan. We borrowed the necessary roots from Vswan and Whisper to request the clan. Three days later we repaid the roots. Oracle was born out of a desire to play Moongate without PK. I had the idea at the time that learning the geography of the game, questing, fighting big mobs and generally enjoying the game experience was what Oracle would stand for.

Years have passed, people have grown up and moved on.

So I don't know if you might want to call me a liar. Heck this is how I remember it, doesn't mean it's the way you remember it.

I quit playing when it became the fun thing to do to make hurtful jokes about my personal life. I really wanted to keep my real life and my game life separate.

LoL, and that's my interpretation of the clan wars of v 3.2 :boohoo:

Chryys

#67 Darrod

Darrod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

The original Darrod as you know him is probably me. I bought Darrod as a level ~220 in the v3 from Kaine with a HSA and a Yourban axe. Before that I played Pyknite for about 2 years. Unfortunately Sidhes were terrible to PK with back then, especially after more Evensongs were realized after a global quest since we were both vuln to magic and iron.

Darrod was leveled by Kaine and Klaus and probably other people as well before I bought him and was pretty much nothing but a power leveled dwarf.

Please explain what you mean with the "original Darrod".

#68 Loman

Loman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:44 AM

I remember 3.2 as being a lot of fun.

#69 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

WOOP Chryss :) Nice to see you again :) I was in TF during that time as Vigo. Lol reese was my bane from enigma. I saw him more than any other player from Enigma since he followed me around constantly. Lets just suffice it to say those days are gone and while i think everyone involved can remember good and bad things about that period of time. There was less pk areas which made those more camped specifically the moat. Im tired of reading posts about how ppl are killing pk by wanting to reduce the number of areas or one of a million other changes to pk. Fact is with less area, the same or less people playing and similar rewards pk was looked upon better by the players. The fact is so much focused on making pk inescapable by coding rather than by using your clans that now people just dont bother to go into it like they used to. CPK Gear or not. Negating the people who basically live there because they have few worries about sitting in pk. The majority of mm now just avoids it. That kills pk not changes to how dispel magic or snares work. If you make more pk areas you will have more that arent used. YOu could turn the entire world except for the save zones to pk and you think you would get pkarama. You wont. You will get more ppl sitting in the few safe rooms and not going out unless they HAVE to have something.
Contrary to popular belief i like pk but i dont like losing a quest to someone who is so bored they camp quest areas with the sole intention to destroy ppl who are trying to quest to better themselves or any number of other reasons. PK Works best when people arent forced into it. It has become especially with the incessant whining of late about forcing ppl who dont want to be there into having no choice in being there. As such you get more complaining. Then couple that with their ability to think and escape pk and it turns into whining from the pkers because they spent 8 hours camping some area to return with no rewards because someone escaped. The choices are the same either way. People can choose to go into pk and accept those risks. On the other side the highest profit in the game comes from CPK realistically as such you should have to deal with some people escaping. Some not wanting to fight and some just flat out figuring out any way to escape including abjuring themselves.

Heck the new idea now is simply if you see someone coming at you near a cpk room. web urself if you cant escape so you cant accidently flee into CPK. Fact is the more you try and force people to play in pk the less you get what you want from pk anyways. If you are only concerned about your pk records then you will focus on those you know you can kill or hunt those who have no chance. I still think removing gossip and any method of others to track pk should be done. We dont need a pk scoreboard.. It was one of the worst creations i can think of.

Granted all this is just my humble opinion. Realize this game is comprised of many different types of people. Let the pkers be pkers but give the people who dont want that something to do that doesnt REQUIRE it either. You will find as they get comfortable with their chars and feel they could fight they will enter pk more and you will have more pkers. Force them into it will only piss them off and make them avoid it.

#70 Iluvatar

Iluvatar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

I got the Oracle / Whisper clans mixed up in my head because Whisper really never made a name for itself, where as Oracle did. I just remember a lot of players going from TF to Oracle and somehow Whisper was in there, for some reason.

#71 Raistlin

Raistlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:29 AM

There needs to be more oldschool people popping up in this thread, seriously. A bunch of people who were cool no longer logon, and I wanna see them again damnit! 8O

#72 Dunedain

Dunedain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

I remember those days. I remember Shadowlight chasing me around Blackthorne Keep with some R name that I can't remember now. It wasn't Reese. I kept hellfire whips around for him ;) I remember Reese trying to kill me on the ship while going to Wizard Island and I didn't know what was going on at the time. I was in TF and wondering why Enigma, a supposed ally, was attacking. Gaxx and Shadowlight were standing there. There was a lot of deceit and double talk going on in that time. The channels were flooded of DOrk this and Pig that and how both sides were constantly cheating. Some was true, most was false. Both sides had a if you aren't with us, you're against us attitude. Enigma was the worst of both sides. DO wasn't nearly so aggressive on this point. There was true, genuine hatred of both sides which is what kept the wars going. As for who won, it depends on which war. DO was decimated at one point to just a few people. In that sense, Enigma won. These wars did drive people from the game, made them despondant and hateful towards the game because they simply couldn't play and advance.

The single point where Engima turned against TF, though, was when we figured out how to get to Yourban and how to kill him. Enigma had the sole market on his equipment in those days. I remember Gussy being extremely happy at this fact because he finally got his axe.

Would I want another massive guild war? Not really. The animosity towards one another just isn't there, for one. PK is no where near as good as it was back then, for another. The environment is just too sterile to allow for anything massive. One clan versus another for about two weeks is about all that it will sustain. Otherwise, it is just random PKs here and there, like it is now.

#73 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:21 AM

After reading this again, I'd actually like to see something like this pop up again. But as it's been said, the playerbase of today wouldn't cut it. Except for those that were around back then.

#74 Messiah

Messiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Vswan,

I know it's been a while since this thread has been posted but I wanted to clear up a few things for the record. I feel that I am a credible source here since I founded DO and was there as the leader for all three wars. You weren't involved in the wars and you weren’t even on the radar back then. You were just kind of there so I don‘t see how you could have any insight into what happened other than being caught in the cross fire as a victim. Your summary of the wars was brief and highly inaccurate but that's understandable seeing as how they ended roughly 9 years ago. The wars lasted roughly 4 years and ended for one reason and one reason alone. 4.0 came out. Most of us in Dark Order hated and still hate 4.0 and found that it was a great reason to leave the game and move on to other things in life.

Dark Order Leadership Structure:
1. Messiah (Leader)
2. Tombstone (Co-Leader and my right hand man.)

Key members:
1. Iluvatar (Very skilled pker and smart player.)
2. Wrath (Brutally good pker and cpked TeX. That was badass.)
3. Tiamat (Was never a leader in the clan but was important.)

Other important members (Hope I don‘t forget anyone): Mailman, Stalin, Silon and probably 5-10 others who played a huge role in our clan.
Paradox? I think he might have joined at the very end but was never an important member of our clan. Also you saying that he could beat our entire clan by himself is a joke. Not to put him down because I think he’s a decent guy but he was very average back then. I could have easily beaten him myself and so could any member of my clan. I’m flattered that he tried to re-create Dark Order a few years later but the clan is dead and will never exist again.

Main Enemies:
1. Gaxx (Hero: Enigma who I am still friends with. Just went with him to Australia this year for his brother’s wedding. His brother named Dark Order. We still talk about the game sometimes.)
2. Shadowlight (Hero: Enigma. Unfair stats and a good Pker. I was able to beat him 1 on 1 a few times though.)
3. Zim (Level 240: Enigma. Their best player hands down. This guy was a freaking pain in my ass. That’s all I have to say.)
4. Talin (Hero: Enigma. Was a straight up jackass.)
5. TeX (Hero: Originally Prophecy but then Dragon. This guy was a Weasel and hated DO. He also had inflated hit points like shadow light and was one of our biggest enemies.)
6. Weasel (Hero: Phoenix. Smart and brutal guy who tried to kill us every chance he got.)
7. Ravnos (Hero: Phoenix. Decent guy who tried to bring peace between our clans. He finally realized it was impossible and killed us for a while before he quit the game.)
8. Reese (This guy was mentioned in previous posts. He was just one of many people who took the easy road teaming up with Enigma thinking they would have fun pouncing on DO. The truth is people like this got pounced and beaten up a lot by us. While DO wasn’t PK Reese and others like him became a bully and started chasing lower levels not involved in the war through the moat. We CPK’d Reese at least once and whipped the floor with him over and over again. We killed this guy so many times I think he quit. In summary, he was a bottom feeder/thug for the other side. Nothing more, nothing less.)
9. 30-40 240s from various clans. The main clans in the alliance were Phoenix, CoP and Enigma. They called this group the Triad. Other sub clans tagged along because they were forced to including TF, Lin-Kiue(sp?), Caitiff, Dragon and Prophecy for a short time.

For the most part the clan was centered around the first 5 main players on my DO list who were all 240s. I was the only hero on our side. We were forced to become very good and worked extremely well together as a team. We used to call ourselves the Dark Order Death Squad. We were able to kill formations of 8 240s/heros with just the five of us on a regular basis depending on who the enemy was. Shadowlight was in a class of his own because he had an insane amount of hit points due to him being a legacy character from a previous version. He had roughly 4500-5000 hit points when the rest of us here stuck at 2250-2500 or so. Very unfair! Usually if we saw shadow light in a formation of 8 we’d be forced to run.

Here is a summary of the wars from my view:

War 1: Dark Order started as clan #10 when I was level 60 (Level 60s couldn‘t even make clans back then.) I bought the clan from Diablo who didn’t want it for 2.5 million gold. Tombstone, Tiamat and I pooled our money together to do this. That’s what started the war. Back then the number of clans were very small and they were all a tightly knit group lead by Phoenix, Enigma and CoP. The other 8 clans were VERY pissed off that a level 60 player started a clan and wanted Vassago to remove me and delete it. He didn’t do that so if you can believe this 8 clans who were infinitely more powerful than the Dark Order ganged up on us and tried to force us out of the game. They were almost successful but didn’t quite get the job done. Result: We lost badly, it wasn’t fair and it wasn’t even close. We were annihilated on every level by just about every clan. TF, Prophecy were neutral back then but did occasionally beat up on us for fun. Another huge factor in their hatred of Dark Order is the fact that I was made a hero, I believe I was the 2nd to last person to make hero before they stopped allowing it. So for 3-4 years we only had 15 or so people that were actual Heroes.

Victory: Overwhelmingly Enigma/Alliance

War 2: Dark Order turned its PK flag off and spent the next few months rebuilding. This is when the five of us started to get really good. Clan Knighthood lead by Diablo teamed up with us but they were very weak. They only had two 240s, Diablo and Pyknight but were very valuable to us because they somewhat evened the odds in combat. I have to give them big time props for sticking it out with us through the entire war. Anyway Enigma knew we were up to something and stalked us every chance they got. This was like a cold war period where we couldn’t directly go after each other but knew eventually it would blow up once we turned our flag back on. After Wrath and Iluvatar hit 240 we turned our PK on. This was a very tough time in Moongate and the fighting got really out of control. Things got very nasty in this war and this time was probably the most intense of all. People (Enigma mostly) were going after each other on a personal level trying to dig up information on their personal lives to try to humiliate them and drive them out of the game. Many people couldn’t handle it and ended up leaving. For the most part we did pretty well in this war kill/death ratio wise but ran into a problem. We weren’t able to expand our clan while we were flagged PK so ultimately we had to turn PK off again so we could build up our roster. We also got worn out. Every time we logged on we had multiple formations of 8 chasing us all over the map. There was no way for us to get good equipment or resources because everywhere we went we got gang banged by the pigs. If all 5 of us weren’t on we didn’t stand a chance. Tombstone and I took several months away from the game after this.

Victory: Decisively Enigma/Alliance but they paid a price. For the first time we knew we could compete and win.

War 3: A few months later Wrath and Iluvatar convinced me to come back so I returned with Tombstone and we spent another few months building up. We added more 240s to our roster and helped Knighthood build up too. We like TF discovered the secrets of Yorban and got full sets of gear for our players. This was a real coup for us and helped even the odds big time against the Alliance. This was near the height of our power. We threw the switch as predicted and the war raged for well over a year. Our goal this time was to force the lesser members of the alliance to turn their PK flags off. It worked. We’d hunt down members of CoP mercilessly and every time we killed them we’d send them a message “PK OFF”. They couldn’t handle it and their lower levels left the clan. Our first major victory came when they turned their PK flag off. After this Caitiff was next to throw their flag sick of being killed by us. Phoenix was next and had too much pride to throw their flag so they became pretty much extinct. By this time Vassago implemented a feature which I thought contributed heavily towards destroying the game. Social. It allows players to login and sit in a completely safe area for hours and hours at a time to escape being killed. So that’s what the alliance did, they started hiding in social to escape being killed. Eventually the more capable people started leaving the lesser or shattered alliance clans and began consolidating into Enigma. So Enigma became one huge clan. By this time TF decided they wanted a little revenge and joined up with us and the odds began to turn against Enigma. Knighthood started getting stronger too. After many huge battles that rage don for months I can promise you that DO stood in the streets of Rune without fear. Zim was the only one who had the balls to come out of social to challenge us. The longer Engima stayed in social the worse their skills became while ours got better because we fought endlessly. This caused things to die down and the war lost its intensity. So we in DO got bored and decided to stop playing at the height of our power when 4.0 came out. The end was Anti-climatic for most, but very gratifying for the members of Dark Order. We feel like we accomplished something. There are people who would disagree but we feel like we won the war and 4.0 gave us a chance to leave the game with our heads up high. I had almost 2,000 Pks which at the time was the highest. Kizzel passed me eventually.

Victory: The Dark Order

Final Victory: I have to give final victory to Engima because they are still in existence and we are not. Damn root tax!

Final thoughts. People used to call us the bad guys but what did we ever do that was bad besides make a clan? We always treated people with respect and if someone wanted to be neutral in the war we allowed that as long as they weren’t part of a rival clan. People were intimidated and bullied into fighting against us and since most people have weak will power they take the easy road and do things they don’t want to do. The lesson from the clan wars is simple. Don’t be a sellout, don’t let people intimidate you, have some honor and never give up.

That’s about it. It was fun while it lasted, I feel like I got closure and had great memories from the experience. I don’t think you will ever be able to recreate that experience again because you have too many clans now. And your people don’t have big enough personalities or egos to make it happen. Gaxx is one of my best friends but he was a bully who controlled the game. He did a really good job of it for a while and I doubt anyone can do that again. And even if you did get another Gaxx you likely wont see anyone stand up to him like we did. I don’t recommend trying to recreate the clan wars even if you could. If you get too personally invested in the game you will have no social life. Gaxx will agree with this. We both missed out on a lot of good times while we were in high school and college because we were too busy playing this stupid game. Needless to say we made up for it afterwards! Anyway, I’ll be around time to time to keep my character active, if you see me in there say hello.

Messiah

#75 Matthia

Matthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

Well, I'll be.

It's Messiah, back from the dead. Digging up a 3 year old thread.

Come back and play Messiah, let's have some fun!