Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Unseelie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

It was a strange, strange, strange, strange place, and he had to keep his wits about him. Guards kept attacking him, and once, some guy with what looked like a pointy piece of bone. That hadn't been pleasant; he ran away. He didn't like running away from a fight, but it seemed prudent. It really hurt. Anyway, wherever he'd found himself, it was a strange place. People had .. wings, and things. And they weren't very nice to him. Unsurprisingly, he got lost. Somehow, he couldn't help agreeing with the devious-looking trainer; perhaps he shouldn't be here. Things he had never seen, never imagined, and all just around the next corner. This was great! How had he got here again ? Ohh yes, some weird gate or other. However was he gonna get back ?

#2 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:49 PM

Luckily, he had his trusty horse. :whistle:

#3 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

What a strange creature. She followed him around the corridors for hours trying to determine whether he was dangerous. He did not fit well with the ethereal realm which masked her own life signs rendering her nearly undetectable to the foreigner. The master instructor was training her shapeshifting skills when the creature came in. She hid wondering whether she should stay away until the guards took care of the threat but curiosity won over.

He had no bat like wings, he was far too pale and he stumbled in the dark places few times although the white aura around him emanated soft glow. It was the third time he passed the same corridor. Perhaps the intruder didn't have a malicious intent after all, perhaps he was lost. At last she found the courage to find out. She came out of her hiding place few feet ahead of him, out of his weapon range. "Why have you come to this castle stranger?"

#4 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:44 AM

Curiosity overcame his startlement as he beheld the young .. lady ? addressing him.

Her voice was high yet pure, untainted by the overtones of the peasants and castle workers he had grown up around; almost .. haunting. Unreadying his weapon, he approached her warily; she kept her eye on him, assessing. She was indeed a most curious creature, the first he had dared examine at any length.

Pale, luminous eyes; albeit no larger than usual, her pupils seemed extraordinarily dilatory, as her gaze enwrapt him. A tattered shawl; diaphanous wings fluttered as if involuntarily, perhaps urging retreat.

A curious-looking belt adorned her waist; the two garments seemed somehow out-of-place together, as though one were of a costume, the other .. something else. Her steady, assessing gaze demanded his attention.

Hearing her question, he beheld her. "What is .. this place ?" he asked. His eyes seemed to take it all in before returning to her, curious, unchallenging.

#5 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:52 PM

The stranger approached her slowly. As he did she hesitated whether to retreat or stay. She recalled stories spoken by her elders about another realm; a place with a lot of light inhabited by unusual races. In those tales however the creatures were evil, deceitful and warlike. This creature did not fit the description, although she was uncertain whether this one was pretending. There was nothing aggressive in his approach; at least she guessed the stranger was a he. The weapon he carried was sheathed safely.

Innocence of the question startled her and yet when the eyes of a very unusual color met her glance they revealed sincerity. His hair was different as well without a trace of either white or silver or ashen highlights often present in her world. Realizing it was impolite to remain silent she hurried to answer.

#6 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:32 AM

"I came through .. a gate, a realm transport. Such exist in our world. But it would appear I am not in our world any more," he said, glancing around him again. The being held his attention; indeed, she was quite entrancing. He looked at her curiously. "It seems this place is of the faerie realm, if my eyes deceive me not. Are you to drink my blood, or spirit my children away ? For of the first, I have little left I daresay; your warriors have seen to that, and of the second, well, I am afraid, I have none. I am but a squib myself, barely old enough .." Here he faltered, casting a downward glance before again meeting her eye. "Well, at any rate, old enough, he said." He perceived amusement in her glance as he met her met her gaze again with an even, steady eye.

"Unseelie ?" he said querulously. He spat. "That of your warriors, attacking an elfling." Queens ? He knew of no queens. kings, he knew of several, both of old, and there was that one decrepit fool in Lowangen, but best he keep his opinions to himself, perhaps. The walls had ears. In this place, he thought idly, he wouldn't be surprised if they did.

#7 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

She was familiar with the gates, even saw one of those once when her father, the high councillor of the Queen, had not choice but to bring her along to work. The gates were monitored strictly by security and the times of their appearances were calculated by sages. There were some powerful scholars though who were capable of opening these gates themselves outside permission of the law. Perhaps there were similar scholars in the other world. It still didn

#8 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

The big hulking Mino walked down the corridor, he coulda swore he heard voices comeing from this direction. He glanced around looking and spoted the shawdows of two figures heading off into a dark corridor. He shruged and figured that a mount would fit down the hall way. Reaching back into his backpack he pulled outa a strange golden whistle. He smiled for a moment then put it to his lips and blew. A moment passed and a strange shimmer pulsed in the air and a black unicorn appeared before him with saddle and reins. The unicorn nodded at him and the Mino lept onto its back. Reaching into his pouch at his side he pulled out a lance. Strange to see something like that in a pouch so small. He headed down the coridor after the figures. He tightend his shield bearing the emblem of a wolf in front of a moon and prepared him self for battle should it come to him.

#9 Redemption

Redemption

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:58 PM

A small pink faerie flew by and blew a big blue bubble, that floated around and than the faerie disappeared quickly, leaving some yellow faerie dust behind on the ground.

#10 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

Globes of light dance down the corridor as the pair hid. The clip clop of hooves could be heard, and in the distance a high-pitched giggle. Eventually his companion decided it was safe to come out, and they moved warily back into the corridor. She looked at him appraisingly, as if wondering what to do with such a strange specimen. He obviously didn't belong here; just as obvious was the fact that he was aching to explore this fantastical place, prudence permitting. His eyes danced, about, drinking everything in.

#11 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

"It was only a joke." The fey spoke once the strange sounds around them ceased. She was uncertain whether her joke was accepted seriously. "We don't drink each other's blood anymore than your kind eats one another. We have fangs, it is so, but only for survival. Our ancestors used their shifting skills to approach a animals undetected and then drank blood only when they couldn't find or grow food. That was a very long time ago." It was true for the most part. Although there were rumours that some separate feys would do so currently. She obviously didn't belong to that group.

#12 Coinspinner

Coinspinner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

*mutter* "I hate this place, this is a place I have vowed to destroy yet I must make contact with my source..." He whispers the arcane words of the Seelie paladins and transforms into the Faerie Duck.

"enemys of mine though they be I must not draw attention to myself." He snickers at the thought of him dipatching several guards in his current form, the snicker comes out more of a jovial quack considering.

"Far be it from me to ignore the behest of Undya, let alone my own King. I must find this poor adventurer who has wandered into the unseelie realm. I must speak with Shelle she will have the information I need to lead to his rescue."

Waddling down the vast corridors of the unseelie castle he ponders how he Coinspinner First Sword of Chance... how he one of the most decorated Sidhe Knights for his valiant efforts to rid the realms of the fey kind, happens to make a friend of Shelle, equally decorated for her sorcery high on the council of the fey..."Surely the powers have something in mind for throwing me into such a mess."

Turning the corner out of the guards walkway he bumps into two entitys....

Startled he shifts into his glorious sidhe form draws the blade Uncalling from its scabbard, preparing a spell it immediately responds encasing him in a shell of ice. Before he can act however he hears the lilting elvish voice and the equally startled but dry humor in the voice of a fey. "WAIT!" he crys. "Coins, I am so disapointed you seek to end our friendship in such a way" Shelle drawls. "Put your weapon away and come with me, I have much to inform you of.

#13 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:47 AM

The noise this little incident created was probably heard outside the castle, perhaps in the Seelie as well. Before anyone could protest the fey dragged her companions farther away from the central corridors without speaking. After five minutes of running they stopped. Shelle strictly looked over her companions. A small displeased fold appeared in the corner of her mouth. "You know I do no appreciate you killing my kind." She addressed the sidhe. "Even if you promised to try wounding them instead." She dismissed any possible protest with a wave of her hand. "I didn't know you were coming today. I trust there is a good reason though."