Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Miracle Stone character creation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#1 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

Hi there. This is a forum to create your profile for the story.

The idea is as follows. A King dies and he is replaced by his tyranical cousin on the throne. King's niece hears about a mircale stone which can reincarnate a person within a year of their death. She goes in search of the stone to bring back her uncle and save the kingdom. Hopefully she will bring few allies along on this adventure.

This is my character profile:

Name: Faelwen
Look: Black hair, dark green eyes, 5.9 hight. Human.
History: Born in the region of Erigon. Most of her family is killed in constant wars with neighbouring kingdom before she reaches the age of 12. The wars end with the raise to the throne of her uncle, King Beriadan. He partially replaces the role of her father. Faelwen suspects Beriadan's brother Ortherion in plotting the death of her uncle to usurp the throne of Erigon.

#2 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:14 AM

Name: Andru
Description: Human male. 1.8 meters tall. Black eyes. Black hair.
History: Native of the kingdom of [Shelle, insert the name of the rival kingdom here, please?]. Was drafted at the age of 16 to fight in the war against Erigon. He escaped from the draft camp barely a week after that. Being hunted as a deserter, he made his way over the border, a trip which almost took his life as toll. Forced to beg, lie and steal, he was rescued by an old mage when he lost his footing and fell from the rooftops of the city's buildings. The mage's levitation spell was enough to save his life. Afterwards, to show his gratitude, the boy worked as an mage's aid for almost 5 years, before the old man passed away. The young man, having no major magical aptitude, turned to thievery again, this time aided by a few lesser cantrips of the magical schools of Alteration and Illusion which he learned while the old mage was still alive.

A week prior to the current events, Andru was given a seled letter from his fence and a pouch of gold. He said that a certain person is interested in his services. Inside the pouch was a sizeable sum of gold. The letter asked Andru to break into the royal palace upon further instructions, though the letter did not specify exactly when the instructions would arrive. Andru was to steal the magical royal seal in the chaos that the hirer wrote would be certain to occur once a special event has taken place.

Okay, that's with that. Now, Shelle... how do you want me posting? Third person, first person? First person would be confusing, and third person would be awkard... Any ideas?

#3 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:24 AM

This sounds cool :) Want to add this character to your party? I'm not a roleplayer, so I don't feel like I should contribute, but Faelwen needs more friends in her party.

Name: Arvok
Appearance: 5'8", wiry build, brown hair and green eyes, human

History: During the hardest and coldest of winters, Arvok was birthed in a small peasant hut. His mother was once a Lady in the court of (insert neighbouring kingdom's King, shelle :D), but fled to the Wastelands after it was discovered she was secretly practicing Dark Magicks. There, she met Almon, a pure-hearted and hardworking woodcutter, and together they conceived a baby boy.

However, (neighbouring king) had not forgotten about her illegal practices, and three years following Arvok's birth the Red Knights finally tracked her down and slew her while she washing clothes by the river. She died there, alone, without every having told her family about her magicks.

In his years growing up as an outcast, Arvok trained in the skills of thievery and stealth, determined one day to seek retribution against those who murdered his mother. He had inherited a slight ability to manipulate magicks, and learned basic spells from the halfbreds that inhabited the Wastelands. At 16, Avrok travelled to the nearby region of Erigon to offer his services as a mercenary. With both sides influencing his past, he treads the thin line separating light and darkness, unaware that very soon he will be required to choose between them.

#4 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:59 AM

:D Both of you are very welcome to join the adventure.

Xarlia don't worry. Learning to rp is not so difficult. You only need to be careful to control your character and those characters who do not have a player only. For example don't write a dialogue between your and Aso's character. If you ask a question wait for Aso to post an answer.

The neighbouring kingdom is called Edenostone. Their King is Ovoreon.

I find it interesting how histories of Xarlia's and Aso's characters are similar. Impoverished and turned to thievery is often a causes of war.

Aso, to be honest I was planning to alternate between 1st and 3rd person. You should write in a tense you feel most comfortable with. I chose 1st person for the opening scene to establish intimacy between my character and the reader. I felt 3rd person cannot communicate well enough the despair of the event.

Aso, you are already adding to the mystery. What is this magical seal and who hired your character to steal it?

I would like to find out how our characters, who have such different goals, meet and what will cause them to work together against Faelwen's uncle.

When Ortherion grabs power my bet is he will resume the war with Edenostone within a year. Perhaps this will be a good reason to work together but Averok is a mercenary, war is good for him after 9 years of peace. So... Xarlia did you have any plans for that? Perhaps he worked as mercenary during the war but afterwards signed up as local militia or something like that?

Aso, I'm thinking of several ways our characters will meet but which is used depends on who sent the note.

#5 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:24 AM

After a brif thinking I figured out general plan which needs modifying and polishing. Perhaps Ortherion is the customer. He tells Andru to steal the stone and leave it hidden in another part of the palace at a certain time. What happens is Faelwen notices a stranger (Andru) in the palace and follows. She sees him hide something and overcome with curiosity takes the object when Andru pretends to leave (he really hides to see who is the customer). Faelwen hears someone coming and hides. Turns out it is her uncle. Ortherion does not find the thing he came for and decides it is a brilliant idea to chop off Andru's head for the betrayal and leaves cursing. (good reason for Andru to leave the city) Andru doesn't interfere at first but then he wants to takes the stone from Faelwen and give it to her uncle before it's too late. They talk/fight/whatever and she convinces him not to. Turns out because Andru is apprentice to a wizard he knows about the seal and knows the legend of miracle stone, the story he tells Faelwen.

Arvok simply happens to be in the right place at the right time. Suppose he was sitting around thinking about stuff when he sees bunch of people sneaking around. Faelwen and Andru stand very close to the place where Arvok sits so he overhears everything and decides to run to Orthelion and sell them out. Andru however hears noise when Arvok tries to leave and intersepts him. Faelwen then promices Arvok a lot of gold to keep silent and hires him to go with her to find the miracle stone.

#6 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:05 AM

That was the general ideea, yes. The seal was a general pretext for Andru to break in the castle. It was a magical seal that would change its symbol based on the soul of the person who would hold it. The late king was represented by the symbol of the dragon. Although the seal was usually under heavy guard with no one other by the king allowed to hold it, Ortherion, when he was young, was allowed by the king to hold it briefly, and was shocked to see that the seal depicted his soul as the rattlesnake. Since the rattlesnake was a bad sign, symbolising insidiousness and lust for power, Ortherion needed for it to be replaced with a counterfeited magical seal that would depict him with a more fitting symbol for a king. Since it was under heavy guard, he could not hope to steal by ordinary means, so he needed someone who knew illusion magic. Incidentally, he knew about Andru when his fence bragged about his 'favourite thief' in a tavern.

Is that a good explanation? If so, I'll proceed with posting on the real story.

#7 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

Yes, that's a good explanation. Perhaps we can add that the Kings before they are crowned must hold the seal before coronation and if the symbol is bad they will not be crowned. That's why Ortherion wants the seal replaced and this one hidden or destroyed. However this seal holds other powers. For example there is a legend if a certain symbol shows on the seal this person can find a miracle stone and this stone can reincarnate a someone who died within a year. So Andru tries to take the seal from Faelwen and then notices the right symbol appears on the seal when she held it. So he tells her what it means.

Yep, you can post now. :)

#8 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:30 AM

Ack, on second thought I don't think I'll have time over the next few weeks to do this. Deadlines, etc. Sorry guys!

#9 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

All right Xarlia. :) The rpg do require preferably once a day checking and responding.

So, same plan but without Avrok. Good character introduction Aso. :wink: Very convenient circumstances indeed.

hmm What should Faelwen's symbol be? I'm thinking a hawk. At least according to Indian mythology the hawk takes its place in the spiritual world of the supernatural.

#10 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:19 AM

*Srug* Whatever you're comfortable with. I'm not so great at symbolism.

#11 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

Besides a few standard symbols like owl meaning wisdom I don't know much about this stuff either. I have done some minor google research. I tried Biblical animal symbols of good and holy and it said donkey and sheep. :lol: I was like er...no thank you. :P Who wants donkey as their totem? Good thing Indiants have better symbols.

By the way if you are curious to see what Faelwen approximately looks like my alt Violla has a profile picture.

#12 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

Okay, I'm a bit confused.

Here's what I don't get: Is Ortherion Faelwen's cousin, ie. Beridian's nephew, or is he her uncle, ie. Beridian's brother?

#13 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

I think, since he was known as cousin throughout the story, he should be left as such.

Here's a nice picture I drew. Feel free to fill in the missing question marks!
Posted Image

#14 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

Sorry I don't know how to paste the diagram here. I hope you will figure out what I mean. :lol: We are speaking about two branches of the family.

First: Faelwen's grandmother and grandfather ruled Erigon. They had a son and a daughter. Their son died and daughter married some lord. This couple's daughter is Faelwen and another daughter was born dead plus Faelwen's mother died in childbirth. Faelwen's father is soon killed in war.

Second: Faelwen's grandfather had a younger brother who had two sons Ortherion and Beriadan. When Faelwen's grandfather died his daughter was too young to take the crown and it was passed to his brother who in turn passed it afterwards to Beriadan.

So both Ortherion and Beridian are Faelwen's cousin-uncle? (lol I don't really know the right term for this one). Beriadan had no wife or children but he was very fond of Faelwen. Uncle is simply an endearment because he helped raise Faelwen when she lost her family.

Beriadan is 30 years old.
Ortherion is 34. He is older but remember he was given a seal to hold by his father and his father possibly saw the serpent and thus wanted his younger son to rule.

We are talking about two different lines. They even look different. One line is blond, blue eyes and Faelwen is brunette.

Does this make sense? I hope more or less. :sheep:

#15 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

I get it now. Okay...

#16 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

:) I hope you are not sarcastic. I had to draw a picture on the paper as well to figure it out. :boohoo:

#17 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:33 AM

I wasn't being sarcastic! I'm just glad no one said anything about my l33t paint skillz.

#18 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

Quick question.. Family cottage? Isn't Faelwen the daughter of a royal princess married to a lord? One would presume they would own more than a cottage. :P

#19 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

True, they might have few houses as well as rooms in the palace. Though it doesn't mean they didn't prefer to live in one place more than in another. Family cottage is probably where Faelwen was born and where her mother stayed last few years of her life.

By the way I forgot to complement you on your highly artistic paint skills. :lol: Mine are approximately the same. :P

#20 Drebar

Drebar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

can i join? i wont be able to post on weekends but i should be able to during the week...

#21 Drebar

Drebar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

Or maybe i shouldn't, WOW guys your doing great...

#22 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

Hi Drebar. :) It seems Asorewen just provided an opportunity for one more person to join. (If you were reading the story) Andru just asked Faelwen whether she has a friend or a servant she trusts to go to his house and get few items there. So if you would like you can create a character profile around this idea.

#23 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:48 AM

I'm going to wait a while for Drebar to answer if he wants to take part, or not, before continuing.

#24 Drebar

Drebar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:18 AM

i could... however i already have a character drawn up on something completely different, a bit of a forest ranger that saves them from *insert animal* becasue as you ssaid their only protection is one stilleto, however i could make something different.

#25 Asorewen

Asorewen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2856 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:23 PM

Heh, Andru is quite capable of taking care of himself. He prefers not to use blades because they are too messy, and counter-productive to thieving. He has extensive experience in using clubs, and fists, for knocking unsuspecting people unconscious. He had also some practice in using the crossbow, finding its easiness in usage and power very appealing. Of course, he mostly used it in his spare time, since it isn't much demand for archery skills in thievery. Of course, because of his line of work, he has no woodwise experience whatsoever, and couldn't figure which way is north if he was sitting at the south pole.

Of course, it's your character, and you can intervene whenever you wish. Just give a holler here, before barging in. :mrgreen: