Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Superlatives Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

Discussion here. ballots there. Hopefully to keep the voting thread cleaner so its easier for me in the end

#2 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

A vote for me is a vote for freedom.

#3 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

I really don't feel like answering ALL of the questions

#4 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

(From Blitzen):
I really don't feel like answering ALL of the questions

thats fine, just vote in the ones you feel like taking the time to fill out

#5 Bortaz

Bortaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:04 AM

When people vote for clans like Caitiff and Tweaked and Heirs of Tuireann, you know you're getting skewed results.

#6 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:15 AM

yah...

but theres another month of voting to go, so hopefully turnout for the real best clans will get bigger :D

#7 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:42 AM

When people vote for clans like Caitiff and Tweaked and Heirs of Tuireann, you know you're getting skewed results.

Heirs of Tuireann was created from one of the better clans as far as activity went, so if the person values activity and a freindly atmosphere most...

#8 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

I'll also point out how people have forgotten about me and my questing. :naughty:
I would have beat Questman in the last contest if I wasn't a write in. :( (And considering I did so well as a write in) :mrgreen:

#9 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

*reads page two*
I spoke too soon. :)

#10 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:51 AM

(From Bortaz):

be glad I didn't try to vote for PKers then :P

#11 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:01 AM

(From Solus):
*reads page two*

I dont see why every1 has forgotten about a certain first classer who had almost 6k quests. ironsire ftw.

#12 Urglana

Urglana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2022 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

don't count votes for things that say best something but don't say worst (if applicable). You'll wind up with things like Sigil being both the best and worst cities, it off-sets too much. If they say one best and two worst, only count one from each.

#13 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

(From Urglana):

don't count votes for things that say best something but don't say worst (if applicable). You'll wind up with things like Sigil being both the best and worst cities, it off-sets too much. If they say one best and two worst, only count one from each.

good point urg

#14 Kabaal

Kabaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:25 AM

How come you can say whore on the message boards but you cant on archon talk? same with jew and cock, whats the deal? I have having to discuss my hebrew rooster over tells. :snooty:

#15 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

That sort of thing happens all the time in sports polls i've seen. It will say like, best player :

1)Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Steve Nash

Most overrated:

1) Kobe bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Steven nash

#16 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

(From Dragonburner):

(From Solus):
*reads page two*

I dont see why every1 has forgotten about a certain first classer who had almost 6k quests. ironsire ftw.

should make a category for human player on most quests. I assure u that boduke has done the most quests in the game if u count all his alts. Thats why i just put down boduke, luser, and lukeduke as my top 3. Just because he spread his quests out between his alts doesnt mean he shouldnt get recognition for all his efforts. Hell, hes got like 8k+ quests on boduke alone.

#17 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:05 AM

(From Grandpa):

(From Dragonburner):

(From Solus):
*reads page two*

should make a category for human player on most quests. I assure u that boduke has done the most quests in the game if u count all his alts. Thats why i just put down boduke, luser, and lukeduke as my top 3. Just because he spread his quests out between his alts doesnt mean he shouldnt get recognition for all his efforts. Hell, hes got like 8k+ quests on boduke alone.

Well, if were counting across multiple characters, lets not forget nicfoot >_< his ability to mass quests was unparallelled

#18 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:28 AM

well arent we talking about active players? or even characters that are still around, nic and FF are both deleted.

#19 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

If you can't vote for past players, what's the point? Most of today's players pale in comparison to those who've gone before.

#20 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:47 AM

because they no longer play and have no effect on the game anymore? Most old players arent that good compared to the new players(new being my generation of players).

#21 Molo

Molo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

(From Grandpa):
well arent we talking about active players? or even characters that are still around, nic and FF are both deleted.

So is Ironsire. Jackass.

#22 Grandpa

Grandpa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

didnt know that, haha. Oh well.

#23 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

If alts were added together, I might have a better chance of winning. (Solus is not who I consider my primary quester.) Alone though, Questman and some others beat me...

Well, if were counting across multiple characters, lets not forget nicfoot >_< his ability to mass quests was unparallelled

Actually, I was Nicias's role model when it came to character building. After he saw what I did with my Solus, he was tried to copy it.

#24 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

You must be so proud.

#25 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

Is Grandpa the official vote-police? Or is it unofficial?