Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Ice Crystal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Shelle

Shelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

These images have being swirling in my mind for some time now whenever I log in on my rp inspiring alt. They are one person adventure. It took me a while before putting these images to words. I do not know yet myself the purpose or complete story behind them but perhaps if I start writing I will find out. I will keep updating this thread once in a while.

Deep into the heart of the mountains echo my footsteps. The darkness, undisturbed throughout centuries yields to the light of a small crystal bound into a broach, which holds the folds of my cloak together, only to close again behind my back.

I fear no darkness. It has been my ally for the uncountable years. Perhaps these caves accept me as one of their lingering ghosts. And yet, this darkness is different from the one in the night cities and forests. It is the icy desolation which sends shivers down my spine, not the cold. The darkness of the lands above is filled with whispers, breaths and sighs. Here it is silent and sightless. I have no sensations of being watched. All alone in these caves, should I perish not even the wind will find out to whisper briefly about my downfall. My cautious footsteps leave no trail on the icy floor.

Will the frost preserve my body for countless centuries to be stumbled upon by another weary adventurer? Will it remain until even the bones decay into nothingness? Or perhaps it will be swiped away by the Master who oversees icy halls and removes any imperfection marring his undisturbed kingdom. I will not find out.