Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Sigil

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

I'm disappointed as hell in the way things were handled just now. Sigil was no-yell'd again.

There has got to be something done about this. It's hurting the lower levelled players who can't ask for help, it's hurting the people who want to discuss, it's hurting the playerbase in general.

There needs to be a more effecient solution to this. There were serious questioned posed to the immortal responsible, all within reason, that were responded to with threats, smites, and no-yell.

I recall a specific tell saying, "Remember this next time you ask an Immortal for help..."

This is not a solution. This does not help things when Immortals do not discuss things rationally, do not answer pray, are not visible. We are losing touch with those meant to assist us in Materia Magica.

#2 Celestia

Celestia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

(From Primus):
I'm disappointed as hell in the way things were handled just now. Sigil was no-yell'd again.

There has got to be something done about this. It's hurting the lower levelled players who can't ask for help, it's hurting the people who want to discuss, it's hurting the playerbase in general.

There needs to be a more effecient solution to this. There were serious questioned posed to the immortal responsible, all within reason, that were responded to with threats, smites, and no-yell.

I recall a specific tell saying, "Remember this next time you ask an Immortal for help..."

This is not a solution. This does not help things when Immortals do not discuss things rationally, do not answer pray, are not visible. We are losing touch with those meant to assist us in Materia Magica.

How can any low level player get a word in when you are ranting and raving just to see your name on a screen about Communism and who knows what else? The point is that they can't. Why do you think I got involved in the first place? Because people couldn't get help.

If you keep the conversation game-related, then there are no issues.

#3 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

Sorry Primus but face it , Sigil is a pithole of scum it seems all the a**holes of MM gather around there , true a few serious players get harmed but my humble opinion is make Sigel perm no yell to clean up that town

#4 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

Perhaps you and your cabal should start by following the rules, and if you have an issue with an Immortal's request, emailing petition@ingenii.com or admin@ingenii.com, instead of continuing to yell, shout, and do everything you possibly can to stir up trouble and make it harder for everyone. You are welcome to discuss your opinions all you like about the game and the Immortals, you just need to do it in an appropriate forum.

Not only did you not take the hint when the yells were removed, you continued to yell outside Sigil and I'm really surprised you didn't lose your channels.

#5 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Also, nice try with the "silencing the Novices of Sigil" comment - too bad you didn't think about that when you were filling up yell with that nonsense.

#6 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

If anybody had a question, I would have answered straight away. I try my best to be helpful as much as I can, which is much more than can be said for invisible immortals.

Look, I know you guys have work to do and everything, but we can't contact you at all over these issues, and you won't even talk to us over yell about game related matters. It isn't going to kill you to get involved, even if you are invisibile, to respond to our queries.

As for non game related discussion, yell provides an open forum so anybody can offer an opinion. We keep it clean, we keep it friendly. It's a good atmosphere to listen to friendly banter while you walk around, it gives a sense of companionship and activity.

To cut it all out to just people asking for forms or where so and so item is would ruin another social aspect of Materia Magica.

#7 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

Try emailing us if it's that important to you, I haven't seen you "attempt to contact us" at all. Immortals are primarily there to enforce the game rules, if you need assistance with the game itself, ask a Guide.

#8 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

I left Cabal a long time ago. :P

All I'm saying is, in general, it'd be nice if the Immortals could actually talk to us like we were people. I'm glad you can take time to respond to this query, but wouldn't it have been so much easier just to do it in game?

People would connect with you guys so much more if you participated in the game. Talk with us, discuss with us. We need your attention more than we need your threats.

#9 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

Primus i been in Sigil all the time and all you and cinnamon were yelling about was crap sorry it was annoyng and no fun to listen to , now if it had been game related and any r/p ok, but serious I agree with Vass here Sigil really needs to be cleaned up here no other town has ever been no-yell or has as much throublesome people as Sigil

#10 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

cabal:
# a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
# conspiracy: a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)

#11 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

We were out of line, alright. I admit that. I deserved my no-chan. It could have been resolved a lot faster had an immortal decided to talk to us instead of no-yelling the whole town, smiting people, and ending in no-channels.

I can't help people without my channels.

I will not answer to a disturbingly powerful voice yelling "Enough."

If we'd had somebody say, "Okay guys, time to settle down." "Alright, that's enough, back on with idling at the QM." it would have simmered down then ended.

#12 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

don't you think it's better that all of it is centralized in one city instead of all over alyria. perm no-yelling is not the solution and i dont believe vass said anything about sigil being 'scum' or it 'needing to be cleaned up'. please stop trying to put words into his mouth. But he is right about one thing, i dont believe anyone tried anything other than yell to address the issue. I assume this is because the general impression would be that the same thing would happen through Email as it would through any other means. I also understand that the immortals ARE working very hard to improve this game and what most sigilians dont realize is that we are not just cluttering up the yell of those in sigil, but also the channels of any immortals who are on that keep an eye on every public channel, everywhere. As such i have tried to cut down on my yelling, but as primus said, it is very entertaining. Part of the allure of yell is that there is a level of random participation that you just dont get through chat or other means, and it does promote a sense of camaraderie. In fact, i can honestly say if it weren't for yelling in sigil i wouldn't have met even half of the friends i have now.

nuff said for now, i've just randomly lost my train of thought.

#13 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

Visible Immortals online: 0

I'm glad player issues mean so much to you.

#14 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

If you would like to talk about whatever you want, whenever you want, without imms having to enforce rules, use a chat relay, like mine at chat relay h4xx. Be there, or be square.

#15 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

Not everybody can, or wants to chat relay h4xx. Like Vlidash said, it adds to friendliness of the game, and it involves everybody who wants to listen.

It doesn't hurt anybody.

#16 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

(From Primus):
Not everybody can, or wants to chat relay h4xx. Like Vlidash said, it adds to friendliness of the game, and it involves everybody who wants to listen.

It doesn't hurt anybody.

erm...everybody can chat relay.

and verbally thrashing each other on yell doent add to friendliness :o

#17 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Neither is your 'hx44'. Not everybody wants to chat relay.

I understand nochannels for bad language and spam. But I would like some consideration for us, first. Would asking immortals to be polite be too much to ask? They shoot down even game-related conversations.

#18 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

Please post a log of everything that was said, on yell, including the imms yells, and it should be ridiculously obvious where you guys crossed the line. The imms are insanely lenient on channel enforcement in sigil.

#19 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

You're missing the point.

I accept what we did was wrong, but it could quite easily have been brought to heel with much less dire consequences for all involved.

#20 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:03 PM

It seems like you're just arguing semantics. Rather than taking the hint when the Immortals said, "Enough," you insist on them explicitly telling you to shut the hell up. There are many ways to contact Immortals, and yell is not one of them. As it has been stated, Sigil is one of the major cesspools of stupidity in the game. If you managed to get no-channeled there, you probably deserved it no matter what you say.

#21 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

(From Primus):
We were out of line, alright. I admit that. I deserved my no-chan. It could have been resolved a lot faster had an immortal decided to talk to us instead of no-yelling the whole town, smiting people, and ending in no-channels.

I will not answer to a disturbingly powerful voice yelling "Enough."

If we'd had somebody say, "Okay guys, time to settle down." "Alright, that's enough, back on with idling at the QM." it would have simmered down then ended.

you broke the rules - and admittedly so -

and you're arguing about how the immortals told you to shut up?

"Enough." is not rude. you don't deserve any more. and gosh. just shut up. :|

and let's look at this again:

roflol.

:(

#22 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

Visible Immortals online: 0

I'm glad player issues mean so much to you.

When game staff is visible, often players spam them, no? Playfully asking for free things, complaining, asking their opinions on issues, friendly hellos, asking the Imm to have their baby, and so forth.

This spam can make it harder to get work done.

#23 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

i'm starting to wonder if you people know what true stupidity is...

#24 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:36 PM

After reading this thread, I have some idea.

#25 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

hahaha. touche. i guess i should clarify...

but i just realized i really dont feel like it right now...maybe later...