Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Second Class Quest Limit ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 Kyndrydz

Kyndrydz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:29 PM

I was told that there is a 4000 quest limit for second class was just wondering if this was true or not.

#2 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:18 AM

i think its 5000, but whatever, both are way too high that any reasonable player should hit

#3 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:58 AM

I beleive that last i heard it was 4,000...ask Solus, he hit it on one of his alts.

#4 Cazzira

Cazzira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

Can only imagine the left over pp, unless of course you would only do 1 and 2 pp quests.

#5 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:51 AM

Dragonburner:

i think its 5000, but whatever, both are way too high that any reasonable player should hit

I believe it used to be 5000, and it got reduced last year or the year before to 4500. I'm not sure though, I have never been even close to getting to either of those numbers (still aren't!).

#6 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

(From Xarlia):
Dragonburner:

I believe it used to be 5000, and it got reduced last year or the year before to 4500. I'm not sure though, I have never been even close to getting to either of those numbers (still aren't!).

Yah, i'd probably be ripping my hair out before i'd ever make it to that high on any char :o

#7 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

If I remember correctly it is 1000 first class and 4000 second class for a combined total of 5000 quests.

#8 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Elana, I'm pretty sure it was reduced from a total of 5000 quests in second class to a total of 4500 quests. Someone I knew was actually aiming for the 5000 quests as a personal goal and, therefore, noticed specifically when the quest limit was changed (they already had more quests than the new limit). I Also think that the overall total is all the counts - if you did 1 quest in first class, you'd be able to do 4499 quests in second class.

#9 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

I will confirm the second class quest limit is 4,500 quests.

#10 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Bah they just keep limiting and limiting people huh, what BS if you ask me! Just what I want is people forcing me to play a game one way only when the game is suppose to be varied enough for every kind of player to have fun.

Apparently people who prefer to quest or only play low level classes are not allowed to have as much fun as others. And people wonder why the player base dribbles away a lil more each yea, and why it is harder and harder to keep new players around.

#11 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

Elana...do you know exactly how long 1000, much less 4500 quests takes? no you don;t. if they play JUST THOSE TWO NUMBERS it will be a couple years before they do anything else.

#12 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

I have 4 characters with a combined 8000 or more quests how about you stop assuming I don't know how long it takes to do quests..In case you havn't noticed I tend to be proquest in most of my posts. I speak from experience not arrogance like you!

#13 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

It took me about 20 days to do 225 quests on this character and I havn't been hard core questing like I prefer to do. That means in roughly 90 days i could hit 1000 quest limit - and in 1 year i could also do the 3500 quests in 2nd class to hit that limit. That is not getting all 15 - 21 quests in a day I could if I played for an hour or 2, 3 times a day.

I consider 1 year to be a small amount of time given that over half (or more) of the player base here has played for 5-10 years on average some even clocking as many as what 12-14 years now since MM started as moongate.

A player who prefers to play alts to quest or only play and/or quest level characters should not have to make a new character every year or so to be able to have fun like those that choose to play higher level characters!

#14 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

@Elana

good for you..you have free time? i don't. i have under 1000 quests (937 quests at this moment in time) and i have played for over a year TOTAL. i quest most of the time i am online.

also, it does not matter to me if you prefer to play the lower levels and just quest rather than learn mini-quests/runs of anykind. that is your style of play...not trying to insult that.

#15 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:17 AM

Elana

You have two choices

1. Don't do one phase of your quests - you'll still get qp but that's it and the quest won't count toward your overall total. (and hey, if you quest simply for the joy of questing you won't mind this will you?)

2. MULTI. Guess what? You can still quest in third, forth and even Archon class.

#16 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:29 AM

1. Thats like saying if you don't like being an outlaw but like PK, don't kill your opponent. Part of the fun is in completing a task - not stopping right before you get to the end.

2. Not everyone likes being a highbie.

#17 Chyribdus

Chyribdus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

while the quest limit might be a little low for some people, most people will never hit those limits (and i'm guessing there is probably another limit on 3rd class questing) and, even if you do hit the limit of 4500 quests in 2nd class, you will have enough pracs left to max out your hp, sp, st, all of your important skills and spells, and probably still have a few pracs left to do something with. for 1st and 2nd class quests, on an average of 4 pp and 40 qp per quest, thats 18,000 pp and 180,000 qp. Now, assuming you didnt use a single manual and got straight 11's with a human (it doesnt happen but good for calculations) then your gonna have an avg of 8 on each stat. Thats only 680 pp just to max out ALL of your stats. Assuming 5 hp, sp, and st per level, then you'll have 630 hp, sp, and st so, 3800 for hp, 3400 for sp, and 2900 for st. We are now at 10,730 pp used, leaving you with 8,000 just for skills. For every 2-3 stats you max, you used the same amount for a skill, so, roughly 50 skills and spells. All of these numbers are from the more extreme low side. For a person to want to keep going past the 4500 quest limit on 2nd class, i dont see a problem with being forced to multi. As has been said already, you dont need to be maxed out every single class and have your racial max of everything by the end of 2nd class (though i believe this limit was implemented shortly after a level 60 hit racial max hp.)

#18 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

while the quest limit might be a little low for some people, most people will never hit those limits (and i'm guessing there is probably another limit on 3rd class questing) and, even if you do hit the limit of 4500 quests in 2nd class, you will have enough pracs left to max out your hp, sp, st, all of your important skills and spells, and probably still have a few pracs left to do something with.

That depends on your classes and how many practices you got each quest. Though my Solus did fine, my Matanzae didn't even have enough practices to finish her skills, much less her vitals.

Though some people do seek to be maxed out, there are others who simply enjoy being a lowbie - as many archons whine, everyone is the same. As a lowbie, there is a lot more vareity.

Alas, the limit prevents one from staying a lowbie and having fun completing quests.

--

Of course, its understandable why the limits were adding - people were camping classes and mindlessly doing the same quests over and over until they got bored of the game because they didn't explore the rest of the game. This limit stopped some people from boring theirself into quitting the game.

Though, I still dislike it because I quit playing the game less because of it - I already have a highbie and liked playing a lowbie alt at some times. My lowbies reached the limit and were forced to multi, thus I started playing the game less.

#19 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

1. I have an archon and a hero

2. I have a 3rd classer and multiple low level alts just to keep me occupied.

3. I am more bored on my highbies then I ever have been on a 1st or 2nd classer.

4. I have OCD I cannot turn in an incomplete quest.

5. This is how I choose to play, I don't go off on people who choose to PK endlessly about not being limited in how many lowbies they can gank in a day. And don't say death timers from being an outlaw is a limit, where is my "resurrect" like spell to lower the time between quests like it resses dead outlaws?

6. Some people only get to do 5 quests a day, great for them or bad for them, what about people like me who can do the 15 (or 21) in a day and be sitting around bored for the rest of the time?

7. Try being a ranger or even a wizard 1st class and having OCD see if you can manage to get all your skills and spells done in 1000 quests plus just your main stat (11 or so times) when you only start getting 4 practice quests at level 45-60 and only if you are patient to sit around and turn down 3 , 3 or lower practice quests in a row to get that 4 prac or more one.

8. I can cope with my need to do everything, why can't the game and all you people against quests cope with it?

:cball: My proposal is to have a 1 time only (for alts of players with archons/hero's) is for a IMMORTAL toggable setting that allows people like solus and I to do more quests in 1st and / or 2nd class. We are people who don't need to be saved from questing ourselves to death - we have played all aspects of MM on other characters and just want to quest.

:cball: Only toggable on 1 alt per player (not per archon or hero)

Whether you have OCD or not, or even understand what it means - you have to understand that everyone should be able to play this game tailored to there play style.

#20 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

When I play Monopoly, there's a special rule that only I get to buy the indigo properties.

#21 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

(From Elana):
1. I have an archon and a hero

2. I have a 3rd classer and multiple low level alts just to keep me occupied.

3. I am more bored on my highbies then I ever have been on a 1st or 2nd classer.

4. I have OCD I cannot turn in an incomplete quest.

5. This is how I choose to play, I don't go off on people who choose to PK endlessly about not being limited in how many lowbies they can gank in a day. And don't say death timers from being an outlaw is a limit, where is my "resurrect" like spell to lower the time between quests like it resses dead outlaws?

6. Some people only get to do 5 quests a day, great for them or bad for them, what about people like me who can do the 15 (or 21) in a day and be sitting around bored for the rest of the time?

7. Try being a ranger or even a wizard 1st class and having OCD see if you can manage to get all your skills and spells done in 1000 quests plus just your main stat (11 or so times) when you only start getting 4 practice quests at level 45-60 and only if you are patient to sit around and turn down 3 , 3 or lower practice quests in a row to get that 4 prac or more one.

8. I can cope with my need to do everything, why can't the game and all you people against quests cope with it?

:cball: My proposal is to have a 1 time only (for alts of players with archons/hero's) is for a IMMORTAL toggable setting that allows people like solus and I to do more quests in 1st and / or 2nd class. We are people who don't need to be saved from questing ourselves to death - we have played all aspects of MM on other characters and just want to quest.

:cball: Only toggable on 1 alt per player (not per archon or hero)

Whether you have OCD or not, or even understand what it means - you have to understand that everyone should be able to play this game tailored to there play style.

No, you're wrong, everyone should find a game thats tailored to their playstyle.

Big difference.

BIG difference.

As for your idiotic comparison between questing and pk. Pk does not give any advantage to your character, questing does.

#22 Cantilenae

Cantilenae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

(From Dragonburner):Pk does not give any advantage to your character, questing does.

8O Tell that to anyone who has ever been FGed. I can name several who make a reasonable living selling gear back to the lowbies they gank.

I won't speak to the quest limit, as I haven't hit it yet despite my time at 120. Why don't I multi? Because I'm still exploring all the things there are to explore at my level...and there's plenty I haven't done yet. Why the pressure to shove a person into a different style of play when they're enjoying what they are doing?

As for all you people who power-levelled, you might have the imms (Duende) on your side, but I for one am sick of Guides sending *me* tells to find out answers to newbie questions. Maybe if some of these archons hadn't botted through the lower classes they'd have a little game knowledge. :roll:

#23 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Why the pressure to shove a person into a different style of play when they're enjoying what they are doing?

Because people would keep doing the same thing over and over till they got bored with the game, never attempting something new so they don't get tired of the game...

Unfortunately, saving those people from theirself hurt some others, but meh...

#24 Cantilenae

Cantilenae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

(From Solus):Unfortunately, saving those people from theirself hurt some others, but meh...

:roll: Yes, yes, I've heard the argument and I don't buy it for a minute. It's diminishing returns to drive away your RP playerbase to retain a handful that don't know how to keep themselves amused.

Unlike others, I don't have a problem with the 4500 cap...I just disagree with the loudmouths on these boards that level to archon in three months, and then expect Guides to transfer their lev 60 alts off of PG because they can't figure out how to lev. (Hint: Look on the ground.) :wall:

#25 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

From Dragonburner

As for your idiotic comparison between questing and pk. Pk does not give any advantage to your character, questing does.

Apparently you do not know what CPK is....then again anyone who thinks drows can go bard can't be very knowledgeable at all in the long run about this game...

Also how long were you 2nd class Dragonburner....

03/25/03 10:32 PM Dragonburner became a Psionic.

03/21/06 10:07 PM Dragonburner became a Shaman.

So you camped 120 for 3 years why don't you shut your mouth about others wanting to do the same????