Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Second Class Quest Limit ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#51 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

(From Elana):
:love: I don't know why i lose my interest in players the higher I level them past 120, maybe it is the endless leveling, maybe it is the quests that send me all over the world or take an hour to do. I can't pinpoint the exact reason yet, although I do wonder why all the time.

:cball: Dragonburner, maybe you should try questing Templeton these days she offers 1, 2, and 3 practice quests more than she offers 4 practice quests let alone 5 or 6 practice ones. I turned down 7, 3 practice quests in a row tonight to get a 4 practice one. (and FYI i do quest before level 60 and from 61-120 so I dont only do 4500 quests at 4 practice plus thanks.

Not everyone can get 60 marks by 120 immortals disable marks al the time, or change them and not everyone relies on marks to accomplish there goals.

Stop assuming everyone is built to do everything the way you did or assume they should do it. Everyone plays there own way WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

:bdie: Solus, my immortal toggable idea, was with the agreement of not being able to PK at all (not even LPK) if that is what would satisfy one group of anti-class-camping-people. I would agree to just about any restriction *except giving up my practices and quest points gotta be able to practice my skills and train stats [and i dont mean hp's sp's and stamina] and get a decanter, a mail box, a piggy bank, silk bags and reagent makers) i would even agree to not getting gold from the quest itself provided the mobs i killed for quest or between quests were not affected by the gold ban.

:yy: I just want to be able to quest and play a ranger / priest or a wizard / priest until I WAS SATISFIED WITH IT - not until only teh essentials was done, or only what dragonburned deems as needed was done, or only what someone else would do. I want to play MY CHARACTER, MY WAY, UNTIL I AM HAPPY WITH IT.

I don't begrudge anyone who power levels, pk's, role plays (only), quests (only) or plays with a combination of everything.

:clock: I have tried everything, runs bore me especially when the loot is piss poor and not what we were hoping for, pk heh its part of the game and im not one to avoid it or to run head first into it, I have played CTF, chess isn't my game, im not a big gambler although slots can be addictive, i like the treasure maps, but they cost too much and are on the wrong continent for my personal preference, i do kill mobs alot, I have attempted and maybe even accomplished mini's and marks without having to look them up on some website, I have been to decara and surrounding areas, the faerie plane, atlantis, OV, both ships, and to every continent and quested every quest master including the keep on one character or another.

Questing at 60 or 120 is still the most enjoyable thing for me.

I hope everyone in MM can find something they enjoy and enjoy it without being forced to make new characters, or to multi where there enjoyment is diminished.

If i email you ROM mud server, show you how to connect to it running on your own computer, and load it full of dozens of stock areas and thousands of quests for you with unlimited questing and no timer, will you go play that and shut the zark up?

#52 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:59 PM

1. Dragonburner are you able to make a point without insulting people?

2.Dragonburner you remind me of this dorky kid I went to highschool with. He was obsessed with this one girl, thought he would be her prince charming if only she would listen to him and give him a change. He would write her poetry and read it out loud during lunch in front of everyone at school (we only had one huge lunch hour so all 2000 or so students in one cafeteria at the same time), and would make up stupid cheers about himself and her and shout them out at sporting events or before school in front everyone. He would go one and on yelling out about how if she would only give him a chance, if only she would go on a date with him. He would criticize her clothes, her car, her classes, her friends trying to bully her into doing what he wanted...

One day when she had managed to avoid him for an entire day, he ran at her car after school from the side (she never saw him coming) to do who knows what, and ended up tripping, being run over by her (she was unable to stop in time) and in the accident his head was severed from his body.

Your assumption that you are the right of all things MM and that everything must be your way and if people do not see your way as the right way you will spew forth your ideals until they do...reminds me of him - you will never be right because there is no right or wrong way to play MM - why don't you quit before you lose your head (so to speak) like he did...

#53 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

How the zark you going to whine about something, if you've chosen to accept substandard rewards.

I'm not whining about not maxing. I'm simply pointing out your wrong, stating I don't like the limit, and explaining why.

Also, I have explained why the limit exists in the first place.

Though I don't like the limit and it hindered my enjoyment of the game, I felt the change was justified at the time. *still wishes my alt could have got a trunk*

#54 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

If i email you ROM mud server, show you how to connect to it running on your own computer, and load it full of dozens of stock areas and thousands of quests for you with unlimited questing and no timer, will you go play that and shut the zark up?

No I will not go play there, and I will not shut up I have invested hours here into MM and I am not gonna go walk away from that investment just to please you (of all people).

#55 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

(From Elana):

No I will not go play there, and I will not shut up I have invested hours here into MM and I am not gonna go walk away from that investment just to please you (of all people).

No the game will not change just to please you (of all people).

#56 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

You make me laugh - I am not the only one who would enjoy a quest alt that is not limited!

So how about you try and come up with valid reasons as to why it would be a bad change (make sure you actually scroll up and READ and COMPREHEND what I suggested).

Until you can think of a valid reason it would be a bad change just shut up.

#57 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

(From Elana):
You make me laugh - I am not the only one who would enjoy a quest alt that is not limited!

So how about you try and come up with valid reasons as to why it would be a bad change (make sure you actually scroll up and READ and COMPREHEND what I suggested).

BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO SIT AT 120 AND QUEST FOR 10 YEARS?

#58 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

What's the quest limit (if any) in third class? Elana, would camping third class be undesirable for you? Is it particularly level 120 you want to stay forever? Or just avoid the hero/archon thing?

#59 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:38 AM

(From Xarlia):
What's the quest limit (if any) in third class? Elana, would camping third class be undesirable for you? Is it particularly level 120 you want to stay forever? Or just avoid the hero/archon thing?

AFAIK, if a cap exists at 180, it has never been hit, and given some of the class campers at 180, and their quest totals, it seems unlikely there is one

#60 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

Xarlia, I have a 3rd classer, a hero and an archon I guess a part of it is I would like a 120 for a good long time (and just sitting around with nothing to do cause I can't quest isn't appealing to a quester....)

3rd class questing takes you off continent, into a lot of pk, there is alot of items for quests at 180 that are on rarer repops, you have to travel great distances like to atlantis, or you get sent to hellbent for quests. That kind of questing doesn't appeal to me for long term.

I get bored just leveling to 180 let alone questing at 180. I have a harder time hitting the limit i am compulsive about achieving. Also sitting at 180 doesn't fix the fact that 4500 quests is not enough practices to accomplish all that I want to accomplish on my characters (and again i do not train hp's sp's or stamina) But i do want to do almost every every skill and spell (i might do them in an odd order compared to other people) but i do do them ALL with very few exceptions.

Also I understand why the limit was put into place, but I have other characters including an archon and a hero, I don't need to be saved from questing myself to death, I need to quest to achieve my goals which keeps me from being bored. I am not saying I will never multi a character to 3rd or higher class again I just would like (love) the option to not be limited by quest limit since I already have dipped into other aspects of MM and thus am not in need of poking or proding to do so.

I would lay a golden egg I think if this was ever implemented (God knows it won't), but that doesn't change the fact I would like it to be implemented, I have a well rounded argument for it, I have no objections to restrictions being placed on it (except on practices or qp's), and so far no one has given a good reason why it is a bad idea (and dragonburners BS about cause you are not suppose to sit at 120 forever is just that BS - what is the real difference between being a 180 forever, a hero forever, or an archon forever over being 120 forever? NOTHING what so ever - especially if you have already delved into those other classes and other aspects of MM.

#61 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

Skimmed through the pages quickly, didn't have time to read all this BS, so forgive me if someone asked this already. If only a few people (OCD sufferers, etc.) are going to reach this quest cap every year, then why have the damn thing in the first place? Just to annoy those few people?

#62 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

Vassago himself, said the quest limits are to save people from themselves. Too many people apparently were questing endlessly in 1st and/or 2nd class and were getting bored but refused to multi into their next class.

Now personally my opinion on his reason doesn't matter. I don't disagree with the limit for newer players, who may need a push or a limit to force them to discover what more MM can offer them after 60 and again after 120 (3rd class does open a lot of doors for people)

However I am against limiting players who have experienced MM and therefore are not gonna just quest to boredom (or to death). And a simple setting toggable by an immortal on 1 alt of a player with an archon or a hero doesn't seem like a huge request to me. (Although I am not saying it wouldn't be hard work to code it in, but we have the best coders in the world! In my opinion)

Put restriction on it as long as I can get my practices to do my skills and spells (all of them if i so choose) and my quest points to get my piggy bank, decanter, mail box, reagent bags, silk bags and cot... maybe even a horse... I would be happy, make it no gold per quest, make it so I can't set foot in any PK or join a PK clan, hell make it so I have to wear some item permanently taking away an eq slot (neck item, a ring, a bracelet maybe)and I would not complain.

#63 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:30 AM

(From Dragonburner):

(From Elana):

i beg your pardon ? who made you god ?

i've been following this for a while now and actually didn't want to post simply cus this is a fight against a wall.

Elana i totally agree with you but girl you might aswell give up on this , Ryan has made up his mind and agreed with the crybabies who thought it was unfair they were weaker as the people who were
A)playing since 3.2
B)put time in questing

it's not just the questing , look at the overall picture , see how other changes been made to races , skills , spells and eq , it's to "balance" the game NOT , it's to keep little crybabies their hand , by doing this forgetting more old school people have quit playing

i my self am bored out of my head on haley , i had maxed her at 120 luckly without limits due my illnes i can't archon her , seen every place on the game i can go at 240 , hate pk and get really pissed of by it , but truth is you're not allowed to play MM the way you would like your self , MM is controled by whiners who think it's all so unfair period.
for a person with OCD i guess its even more hard to accept the changes then for others so i won't tell you to just go with the flow and ignore the fools (dragonburner for one)

#64 Coconut

Coconut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:04 AM

(From Elana):
Now personally my opinion on his reason doesn't matter. I don't disagree with the limit for newer players, who may need a push or a limit to force them to discover what more MM can offer them after 60 and again after 120 (3rd class does open a lot of doors for people)

However I am against limiting players who have experienced MM and therefore are not gonna just quest to boredom (or to death). And a simple setting toggable by an immortal on 1 alt of a player with an archon or a hero doesn't seem like a huge request to me. (Although I am not saying it wouldn't be hard work to code it in, but we have the best coders in the world! In my opinion)

Every time some policy is made, there are inevitably some corner cases that get screwed. Sorry, and it sucks that way, but you and Solus seem to be caught in one of the corner cases. I don't think it'd get changed. The problem with asking for exceptions is that it can become a slippery slope for others to follow (and abuse).

I don't know much about OCD, but with the qualities you described, it seems like you can get quite a lot accomplished and accomplished -well- in life, given that you direct the energies in the right direction. You seem to possess a drive and motivation that many others don't have. So why waste it on a game? Why not channel it in the right direction, instead of letting it bog you down? Or at least... why not pick a game that's slightly less grind-intensive? =p

#65 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

(From Haley):

(From Dragonburner):

(From Elana):

i beg your pardon ? who made you god ?

i've been following this for a while now and actually didn't want to post simply cus this is a fight against a wall.

Elana i totally agree with you but girl you might aswell give up on this , Ryan has made up his mind and agreed with the crybabies who thought it was unfair they were weaker as the people who were
A)playing since 3.2
B)put time in questing

it's not just the questing , look at the overall picture , see how other changes been made to races , skills , spells and eq , it's to "balance" the game NOT , it's to keep little crybabies their hand , by doing this forgetting more old school people have quit playing

i my self am bored out of my head on haley , i had maxed her at 120 luckly without limits due my illnes i can't archon her , seen every place on the game i can go at 240 , hate pk and get really pissed of by it , but truth is you're not allowed to play MM the way you would like your self , MM is controled by whiners who think it's all so unfair period.
for a person with OCD i guess its even more hard to accept the changes then for others so i won't tell you to just go with the flow and ignore the fools (dragonburner for one)

So you maxxed her at 120, and are now bored at hero, because you have nothing to do...

so than you see the reason for not quest camping infinitely?

#66 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:11 AM

(From Dragonburner):
So you maxxed her at 120, and are now bored at hero, because you have nothing to do...

No you fool i'm bored cus i cant quest unlimited any more cus dumb crybabies like you ruined it i will not be forced to run from one place to another to be granted 6 quest been there done that got the damn t-shirt , you know how stupid it is to delete a char with 20k quest points just cus she hit 1k quests ? and yes i have done so simply cus i dont use alts to help haley

#67 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

(From Haley):

(From Dragonburner):

No you fool i'm bored cus i cant quest unlimited any more cus dumb crybabies like you ruined it i will not be forced to run from one place to another to be granted 6 quest been there done that got the damn t-shirt , you know how stupid it is to delete a char with 20k quest points just cus she hit 1k quests ? and yes i have done so simply cus i dont use alts to help haley

...I support untimered questing....i do not support unlimited questing at low levels..

You dont have to run anywhere, theres 3 questmasters in sepharia 60 seconds from each other.

cry cry cry. bitch bitch bitch. moan moan moan. whine whine whine.

#68 Chyribdus

Chyribdus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:33 AM

Ok, finally got caught up again. Few points:

1) DB, your an idiot. You gave numbers and then ignored them. I believe you said 26100 pp from quests, marks, and leveling then 25000 (roughly) for all possible skills from 2 classes. Then you proceeded to call people idiots for not having vital stats like vitality, wisdom, knowledge, and luck maxed. Your calculations only left enough pracs open to train stats a total of 12 times, so, between the 4 i just named, 3 times each.

2) Elana, I understand the issue with OCD, but at the same time, the limit was imp'd because of people like Valient who had their racial max hp at level 60 and was absolutely unkillable by someone of the same level, and even most 120's. I personally wouldnt be against an exception made for a single alt to be able to quest unlimited with the following exceptions. Unable to mail quest items from your alt to your other characters. Unable to initiate pk.

#69 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:52 AM

(From Chyribdus):
Ok, finally got caught up again. Few points:

1) DB, your an idiot. You gave numbers and then ignored them. I believe you said 26100 pp from quests, marks, and leveling then 25000 (roughly) for all possible skills from 2 classes. Then you proceeded to call people idiots for not having vital stats like vitality, wisdom, knowledge, and luck maxed. Your calculations only left enough pracs open to train stats a total of 12 times, so, between the 4 i just named, 3 times each.

2) Elana, I understand the issue with OCD, but at the same time, the limit was imp'd because of people like Valient who had their racial max hp at level 60 and was absolutely unkillable by someone of the same level, and even most 120's. I personally wouldnt be against an exception made for a single alt to be able to quest unlimited with the following exceptions. Unable to mail quest items from your alt to your other characters. Unable to initiate pk.

Except, My numbers were a MINIMUM number of practices you can expect to get.

with a MAXIMUM number of practices it should take.

#70 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:08 AM

numbers numbers you people want numbers here are some

i'm a new person i never played MM before marks ? what are marks ? questing ? errmm whats questing ? friends who can explain ,,,, i'm new i have no friends yet , a clan 7 wonderfull lets ask there

[clan] what are marks ? and how works questing ?
[clan] player A says 'you dumb n00b '
[clan] player B says 'are you stupid or what'
etc etc
if you lucky 1 person is kind enough to point to a help file , thank you kind person to bad there not more like you i quit.

there you have your numbers do i need to say more ?

#71 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:45 AM

(From Haley):
numbers numbers you people want numbers here are some

i'm a new person i never played MM before marks ? what are marks ? questing ? errmm whats questing ? friends who can explain ,,,, i'm new i have no friends yet , a clan 7 wonderfull lets ask there

[clan] what are marks ? and how works questing ?
[clan] player A says 'you dumb n00b '
[clan] player B says 'are you stupid or what'
etc etc
if you lucky 1 person is kind enough to point to a help file , thank you kind person to bad there not more like you i quit.

there you have your numbers do i need to say more ?

Except, i'm more than happy to help newbs with miniquests/marks/etc...

#72 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:08 AM

Except, My numbers were a MINIMUM number of practices you can expect to get.

with a MAXIMUM number of practices it should take.

:roll: No they are not. I've already pointed this out.

#73 Grynn

Grynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

As a first class rogue(like Elana) who wanted to train everything(hey, what else is there to do?), it only took 740 quests to train:

every skill
my main stat
3 other stats
hp by 200(to make an even 500)

oh, and saved 600 for multi

btw, this is a game, if you let your compulsion control you here, it won't be fun, everything's not even, everything won't come out perfectly, just do something new if you want to stay low level and can't quest

If you can't have fun without being obsessed and getting a specific amount of work done, then it's just that: Work.

#74 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Quest level a ranger 1st class and tell me the exact number of practices and/or quests in your opinion it takes to do every skill and every spell and get back to me grynn I do not just play elana! But I guarantee it wouldn't be enough to to do what I want to do.

I have other 1st class characters including a ranger and a druid.

Maybe Elana can max out in 1000 quests for 1st class but can you anticipate what her 2nd class will be or how many practices i need for a class I havn't decided on because I enjoy her as she is now in 1st class and do not want to be forced to multi her, or forced to make new alts just to quest when I hit 1000 quests??

Lets see if I could max her out....

I do every skill on rogues even whip, yo-yo, throwing knife and throwing star.

I needed to train Agility 9 times
I need to do 8 strength
I need to do 6 vitality
I need to do 5 knowledge
I need to do 6 luck
I need to do 6 wisdom

(or atleast save the practices for 1 of those stats to train at 61 after multi to max 2nd class main stat)

Thats roughly 3020 practices right there
Plus another 2914 roughly for all my skills
Plus another 50 for Faerie fire (being a fey and all)

that is a total of roughly 6000 practices (I didnt factor in skills that cost 2 practice per % or do exact math I just woke up)

I did 2-3 practice quests from 10-30 (30 x 2 = 60)
I did 2-4 practice quests from 30-50 (50 x 3 = 150)
I did 3-4 practice quests from 50-60 (50 x 4 = 200)
total of only 410 practices
I only do 4 practice (plus) quests at level 60 (100 x 4 = 400 ) so far this class questing at 60

I got roughly 10 practices a level from wisdom for 590 practice

Grand total of 1400 practice so far

Marks 20 x 40 practices (some are only worth 25 practices some are worth 50 so I picked an average) 800 practices roughly

-----

still need roughly 3800 practices

3800/4 = 950 more quests

So 1000 quests is NOT enough (but that doesnt factor in the few 5 or 6 practice quests or any other marks I might obtain)

Remember it is all ROUGH numbers I didn't record how many practices I got per level or from marks or from quests

So how about you all stop trying to tell me 1000 quests is enough to do what I would want to do with MY CHARACTER

#75 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

Haley your "cry boohoo whine" excuse for why there are changes does not help my cause any or explain it. Please just let me handle it myself.

Grynn, I forgot to mention about your work comment my OCD does not make things seem like work to me (maybe to you), to me it is just how I am. Some people set out to clean there living room lets say and when they are done they feel like they accomplished something. When I set out to clean my living room I end up sorting and doing laundry, washing my bathroom and kitchen floors and vacuuming every room in the house, not to mention straightening up every bookshelf (and we have a lot of them) When I am done, I feel I accomplished something too..why because one thing leads to another with me, and you know what I don't view that as work at all.

I am not gonna view growing a character as work either. Questing is not something I would call work, for me it is what I enjoy doing(not only because of my compulsion) I enjoy working towards goals. I set out each day to accomplish X number of things in real life, Y number of things in MM, and Z number of things in my business life. It is how I do things, whether that is my OCD itself or my adaptation to having OCD I don't know and I don't care cause I enjoy the way I live and the way I play and have for 7 or 8 years now (I can't see a sudden change happening in that any time soon)

As to not being able to mail QP items from this special quest alt I would gladly agree to that as well (my list is only to benefit the character I am playing, but I could see how others would/could abuse that)