Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Second Class Quest Limit ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#76 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

Just to add in there are other ways to obtain pracs ... other than questing / marks / leveling...

that could help you out too if you hit your max and want to do a few more skills or so...

#77 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:15 AM

If you mean by doing treasure hunts they are on the wrong continent for my preference not to mention, cost 20-25k gold (can't remember which exactly) and could send me anywhere and as a 1st class rogue, getting around is not all that easy (unless I want to waste hours on 1 task)

The Tavern of the Boars as well as being on a different continent than I am on a daily basis, I doubt as a rogue that does not train HP's that I could beat it.

If you mean by visiting Acron in Sigil, he again is on the wrong continent for me, even more so than ToB or treasure hunt maps - and he only hands out rewards occasionally - I am not sure if it is random hand out or only first X number of people to see him after a reboot, but the hour it would take me to travel from Templeton to Sigil and back - by time you factor in boat times and wait times - is not an hour I want to waste on a maybe reward - when I could be questing another alt, or leveling one of my mains or creating a new character to learn more about X race or Y class.

If there are other options a level 60 could do, let me know what they are, maybe 1 trip a day to complete all other options would be worth the time investment, as of right now the gold and time cost does not equal the chance of rewards.

#78 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

I dont think location in this world ... is much of a viable excuse as to why you cant do them, or a 20 to 25k gold cost. 20 - 25k as a first calsser you can make that in 10 min easy.

Now TOB - not sure if its hard ... i never did it personnaly, but its there as an option.

You could also get all your level 60 firends around and go play CTF.... i used to do that when i was level 60 and we had a sanctioned game almost everyday.

#79 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

30 min - 1 hour of my time boat travelling to get to Rune
25k gold
1 hour to find the treasure
1 hour to get back and turn it in for 3 practices
30min-1 hours boat travel time to Templeton
is not a fair cost to reward ratio

25- 45 minutes boat travel time
run through acron maze to get to him
and only a chance at a reward (3-4 practices)
plus 25-45 minutes to get back to Templeton
also does not equal a fair cost to reward ratio

30 min - 1hour travel boat time to get to rune
25k gold on potions to heal or get affects (or whatever)
15 minutes to walk to ToB
5 minutes to die
10 minutes dead
chance to spark gear
15 minutes to walk back to rune
30min-1 hour boat travel time
also does not equal a fair cost to reward ratio

Any other explanation you need as to why I QUEST and want to quest instead of run around and waste gold for 3 practices, nothing, or death?

#80 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

You have to also remember that I do not just sit here all day playing this game, I have a young child I look after, a household I take care of, business obligations and a social life as well.

I rather enjoy doing a quest and using the 10 minute wait in between to take care of responsibilities. Or being able to just get up and go take care of something (even if i lose my quest I am on) and not being penalized for it. If i was on the boat when something came up I could end up anywhere based on where i voided from. Or if I was in ToB i would die and the penalty is X number of days before it can be attempted again.

Questing only penalty is another 10 minute wait, who cares about 10 minutes? (maybe those who play at work - but you are at work...so...)

#81 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

Just was saying there "are" other options to get pracs... If you hit you quest MAX and still want to prac things...

not saying there worth it in any way... but are there for additional pracs after 1000 quests.

#82 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

@ Haley

I have not seen a ingle person leave because they were being called stupid, and infact, during my few alts times in novice, almost everyone helped with a question, regardless of how obvious it was to those of us that were alts and not new.

@ Grynn

Correct...letting an obsession control your life is a terrible terrible thing. I had a minor case of OCD a few years ago, developed out of my lack of control about anything else...but you know what? I forced myself to give up those compulsions, since they did nothing but waste time for me.

I agree though...This is a GAME, play it like one.

@ Elana

Okay, a lot of people train EVERYTHING in first class, just because it is cheap, but if questing is the only method, you have no idea what the rest of the game is. You can, in first class:

:yy: do crystal quests for pp. If the crystal is on the wrong continent? then take the worm and use a quest gemstone to et back to Rune, since, in my experience, they give qp as well.

:yy: do Tavern of Boars for pp. Can't be done over and over and over again, but you can do it at around 3-10 days after you did it the last time.

:yy: coin for gold to buy Vandemaar orbs from auction OR just to find them from mobiles (that applies to manuals for your stats as well)

If one felt so motivated, i am certain they could make a good character from just those 3 with no quests whatsoever...would take forever...but they COULD do it.

You mention being in Templeton most of the time as well...but a quest gem from Telleri, then use one to Rune, do things there, and warp back...not difficult, and you have the QP from your quests. Or just ride the ferry and open a book witha preset number of pages to read (like 5 or so) so you can play after.

any question Elana?

#83 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

My qp's go to mail boxes, piggy banks, reagent bags, bot's, silk bags, and a decanter. I dont frivolously waste qp's on quest gems why would I quest 6 or 7 quests to just get a gem and then another 6 or 7 to get a rune gem just to go waste gold on a crysteal orb/treasure hunt and then waste more gold on the worm? QP are for long term useful items to enhance my game play, not to leap around from continent to continent just to go waste 25k plus gold on 3 practices!

Money and qp's do not grow on trees, do you waste money irl like you do in MM?

I don't!

Also I dont have a mild case of OCD cause I let myself get out of control (that isn't OCD) OCD is a chemical imbalance in your brain that causes you to act in your compulsive ways and yes if i wanted to go through years of therapy and hell I could prolly overcome my OCD but you know what, I can cope with it, it is just as much a part of me as my hair color, eye color and my skin color. Maybe you would be put off by it, but I live it and it doesn't bother me at all to have OCD, I don't deny i am an oddball to others at times, but no more so than anyone else with a quirky habit!

My OCD maybe the reason I prefer things certain ways but I would never count my OCD as a downfall or a disability in fact having OCD makes me 100 times more productive than most people and I like being productive. If you want to waste your gold and time on treasure hunts go right ahead (I have done them) I am 99% sure as a rogue I cannot beat tavern of the boars because I DO NOT TRAIN HP's nor do I have the practices to waste on HP's just to try and get more practices. (DUH)

I enjoy questing why can't you people understand that, I can understand why you enjoy PK, or enjoy a variety of activities, I enjoy questing why can't you deal with that..what is so hard about accepting the fact that is what I enjoy?

#84 Blitzen

Blitzen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

You complain about having to travel to other continents, when you have a clanhall on Sepharia and you are now being stingy about qp warpstones.

No, its not smart to waste money irl, but you also have expenditures which fiddle away at any income you have, like you do in MM; pay to gas up your car, pay to buy that warpstone or refuel that ship or buy that broom.

Just pay someone gold to qp-buy the stone for you.

No, I think it's plain to see that you like to quest. But as far as I know there is no ceiling limit for 3rd, 4th, or archon.

And besides, you're first class, if you have hit the 1000 limit then there is 2nd class to move on to; if you haven't hit the limit than it doesn't matter until you do. Then I'm sure you'll hit the 4500 one, so then theres 3rd class to move on to. And don't say you don't want to do 2nd class quests, or 3rd class quests, because if you solely like questing for its own sake and not for its character building ideal, then you wont mind questing an army of alts one after one hitting the limit on each.

#85 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Blitzen gp back and read every post I have posted on this thread it should address every point in your post already. I care not to repeat myself further because people don't read entire threads.

#86 Grynn

Grynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

(From Elana):
...So 1000 quests is NOT enough...

I stopped reading at this point, because it is an lie. Blatant lying is no way to draw support.

From the log on your profile posted 4 days ago, you've trained every skill/spell except throwing star and knife. I really hope both those are only 1/%, otherwise, there's something entirely different wrong with those.

Main stat: Agility: 9 trains - 540

129 + 540 = 669

Doing every stat in first class is also a bad idea, so we'll just do the 3 leveling stats.

Leveling stats: Vit, Know, Wis: 17 trains - 1360

669 + 1360 = 2029

Even if you only get 4 pracs per quest from now on(which is unlikely in temp), you have 800 quests to do them in.

800 quests * 4 pracs = 3200 pracs

3200 > 2029

Hmm.

Sounds like you just want to finish your character in one class which is not how the game was intended to be played, whether you want to play it that way or not.

And don't keep trying to blame your disorder either, it may help, but you've already admitted that you hate questing at higher levels due to inconvenience(or whatever you claimed at the time, I can't be bothered to look it up now).

You are limited in the easiest way to make pracs for a reason.

Your complaint about not 'finishing' you character is null.
You can quest in later classes since you enjoy it so much.
OCD is a part of you, it's not all of you and shouldn't control you completely.
Adapt or leave.
This thread is pointless(other than to clarify the number of quests, thanks solus).

#87 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

I don't just do those 3 stats so your math is wrong! IT IS RIGHT FOR YOU WRONG FOR ME!

#88 Coconut

Coconut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

I've read the entire thread. I don't think you addressed Blitzen's point that you have a Sepharia hall anywhere. Blitzen also makes a good point: when others say you have other ways to gain pp and advance your character, you say that we're wrong, and you quest because you like to quest (or rather, your personal goal is X quests a day). When others suggest that you can make alts if you enjoy questing so much, you say you're mostly questing to advance a single character. At this point, I'm not sure what you want anymore, and my best advice is simply to find another game.

As for transportation, first class quests on average are very rewarding gp-wise, iirc. You should have enough gold for a house already, so buy one in Telli. Then use the WG to gohall to Sepharia.

I don't know how much you've used transportation spells on your highbie alts, but (wizard) blink/teleport + sextant + WoR makes getting to any place on the normal plane -very- quickly and easily (as in, less than 2-3 minutes if you're unlucky).

Back when I used to be a questwhore, I was level 80-90-ish with no house and a Beltane hall. I was oceanwalking from Temp/Telli to Rune and back twice every day. If you're desperate enough to quest, you'd do it. (Incidentally, I now hate questing with a passion.)

#89 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

My archon has no issues getting around, no I cannot afford a house on Elana You have a total of [325,000] gp in 2 accounts, with [46,473] gp on hand.

As for go-halling thats fine and dandy if I have enough of a reason to go to that continent to make the 5k worm cost or the 30 min to hour wait on the boat worthwhile.

I am not saying there are not other ways to get practices, I gave reasons as to why they are not worth my time to do so. I have a young child 16 months old I cannot commit an hour to MM whenever I want without interuption so long travels are out of the question for me (guess I should have spelled that out sooner, oh wait I did when i mentioned i sometimes just have to get up from the computer and don't like being penalized by it (like voiding out on the ship) or dying in ToB (which again as a rogue that doesn't train HP's i doubt I could complete it anyway. As for the crystal treasure hunts you can do 1 what every real hour at 25k gold a pop for 1-3 practices that plus worm costs TO ME that is not worth the time it takes, or the gold cost.

I am not saying they are bad features of MM i have done them on other characters in the past ...they do not appeal to Elana or the situation I am in irl having a child that is more important than MM.

Why don't you all quit attacking my playstyle and my OCD and try thinking of real reasons that a change like this would HURT MM ? (And remember all the restrictions I would agree to without hesitation before you post)

#90 Grynn

Grynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

I HAVE OCD

once, i scrubbed the entire interior of my house with a toothbrush

THERE WAS TOOTHPASTE EVERYWHERE!

but you don't hear me complaining that i can't lick my walls for minty fresh breath anymore

On topic, we've had the discussion on this 'setting', it ended in failure for you.

#91 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

If toothpaste on your walls or lack thereof is your reason why this change would hurt MM you need to check yourself in to the nuthouse for a thorough mental exam.

#92 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

(From Elana):
My archon has no issues getting around, no I cannot afford a house on Elana You have a total of [325,000] gp in 2 accounts, with [46,473] gp on hand.

As for go-halling thats fine and dandy if I have enough of a reason to go to that continent to make the 5k worm cost or the 30 min to hour wait on the boat worthwhile.

I am not saying there are not other ways to get practices, I gave reasons as to why they are not worth my time to do so. I have a young child 16 months old I cannot commit an hour to MM whenever I want without interuption so long travels are out of the question for me (guess I should have spelled that out sooner, oh wait I did when i mentioned i sometimes just have to get up from the computer and don't like being penalized by it (like voiding out on the ship) or dying in ToB (which again as a rogue that doesn't train HP's i doubt I could complete it anyway. As for the crystal treasure hunts you can do 1 what every real hour at 25k gold a pop for 1-3 practices that plus worm costs TO ME that is not worth the time it takes, or the gold cost.

I am not saying they are bad features of MM i have done them on other characters in the past ...they do not appeal to Elana or the situation I am in irl having a child that is more important than MM.

Why don't you all quit attacking my playstyle and my OCD and try thinking of real reasons that a change like this would HURT MM ? (And remember all the restrictions I would agree to without hesitation before you post)

By the way, Crystal guilds do not end up costing gold any more, they give you back more gold than they cost, and have nice rewards.

And as for why this wont be implemented, because its comletely unnecessary and a waste of time to implement, when the current limits are high enough.

Also, you have contradicted with yourself/changed what you want REPEATEDLY throughout this thread.

#93 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

As for the change to the treasure hunts I will look into that...

As for the rest of your BS - whatever - you still have not given me a reason this change would HURT MM

#94 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

Elana ,

Sorry i didn't know this was YOUR battle , if that's true e-mail admin and don't start a open topic on the msg board , even thou i agree with you , your only valid reason so far has been your OCD well to bad , vass is not going to get back to his desision just for that , many ppl have complained years ago when he started to mess up the quest system and begged him not to but the crybabies won period after your kind attack ,i say deal with it like the rest has done .

#95 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

I didn't attack you Haley (sorry if you thought that was an attack, you must be one picked on MM player), but it is counter-productive to blame every change on "cry babies" it only puts Vassago into a bad mood, so that if he did look at this thread he would be instantly turned off of it because of the type of posts on it, just like I refuse to outright insult people like dragonburner does, calling someone a retard every 5 minutes does not make your point valid.

Asking for a change is half the battle, vassago's choices are his own and only by presenting yourself in a manner that is respectable can you even hope to get him to consider something.

#96 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

(From Elana):
I didn't attack you Haley (sorry if you thought that was an attack, you must be one picked on MM player), but it is counter-productive to blame every change on "cry babies" it only puts Vassago into a bad mood, so that if he did look at this thread he would be instantly turned off of it because of the type of posts on it, just like I refuse to outright insult people like dragonburner does, calling someone a retard every 5 minutes does not make your point valid.

Asking for a change is half the battle, vassago's choices are his own and only by presenting yourself in a manner that is respectable can you even hope to get him to consider something.

Hey elana, you most definitely fall into he 'crybaby' category.

qwiturbitchin.

This isnt going to happen.

#97 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

DB, how about you try to be constructive and add something to the thread?

For example, bring up why it was implemented in the first place - people did need to be saved from theirself so they didn't quit playing the game. (Though, I personally had my enjoyment hindered and started playing less because of it...maybe more people may have been saved from quitting thanks to this limit.)

Bring up how there were uber elite second classers who caused a lot of problems. Not only did they excel at things like PK, but could do a lot of things fellow players couldn't do like runs. Furthermore, these elite players set an unreasonable standard that everyone felt they needed to achieve - so much so that people were becoming overly concerned with being elite and weren't having fun with the game. (I enjoyed being elite and second classers being as revered as Heroes, but I am well aware my numbers influenced a lot of players into thinking they could never be good at the game.)

Or bring up how it would be more work for the staff and they'd have to deal with people wanting to change which character was their unlimited quester because they realized X character wasn't to their liking. (After all, remorts were implemented because enough people felt a similar way. (or something))

Just try to be constructive instead of making yourself look bad and your opposition better by comparison...

#98 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

I said I would look into the treasure hunt change and it has improved greatly - 2 questions though can you still do it every real life hour? Does he still have "water damaged ones" practically every other one you request?

For anyone interested in treasure hunting this is the reward I got...only 2 practices but i made 5k gold off of the deal so I guess it was worth the trip since it paid for itself and for my return to Templeton...

You give a small crystal to Tadamir, the guildsman.
'Thank you, Elana!' Tadamir, the guildsman exclaims to you. 'Here is your reward, as promised.'
Tadamir, the guildsman gives you 30,000 gold coins.
You gain 10 quest points!
You gain 60000 experience points!
You gain 2 practices!
Tadamir, the guildsman gives you an astral bauble.

Only downside was it took me almost 45 minutes including the worm ride to locate the crystal and get back to the guy in Rune...maybe it is time to get a broom or a rocking horse if I am gonna continue with this method of gathering practices.

My point on the archon/hero quest alt still stands though (even if I have less of a need for it as of right now)

Thank you for pointing out the change, it indeed has been a good change in MM.