Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Best QM For First Class

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 Harly

Harly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hello All,

I am wondering what everyone's opinions are on the best first class QM to camp. My life usually only allows me an hour or two at a time to play, so I do some quests and by the time I log back on my timer is up. I will probably try to do 1000 quests before I multi. My goal with this character is to max all of my skills the moment I unlock them, thus gaining the most free betters as possible. Currently I have been successful in my goal. I also want to max my luck before I multi, right now I am sitting on 14/23.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

#2 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:58 AM

Since it looks like you trying to get the biggest rewards as possible, Temp and Rune will be good for you. Follow those 2 up with Xaventry quests.

If you want quick / easy ones hit up sigil / telli.

#3 Harly

Harly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

Thank you Thornak. I'll probably stick with Rune since it is centrally located, and yes, the highest prac rewards are what I am looking for.

#4 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

Welcome

Just a suggestion though, i would venture out from rune every once in a while... on thornak i did only rune / sigil quest for first class and when i was 120 i didnt know much of anything but those 2 places, so its always good to venture to Xav/Temp to get a few other locations and just have some basic knowledge of the towns.

#5 Nergal

Nergal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

When you get to level 60, go quest at Templeton and Tellerium. Templeton has the best rewards for the amount of work you do, at least in my opinion.

#6 Gonan

Gonan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

Templeton by far, very good rewards and most quest only take less then 10 min to complete, Temp often only have you run to telli or sometimes FGK. Others town like rune/xav send you running half the continent for your quest. If you want max practice for least time and effort Templeton is your friend.

#7 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

That is true, and really should be fixed.

#8 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

I enjoyed runes quests. Ya you have to run to lowagen and rune forest a few times, some times have to visit TOA but when i quested in temp with my level 60 now i still think i got better rewards at rune.

#9 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

Tempelton is hands down the best town for level 60 questing.

I agree that the other QM seem low compared to Lady Tempelton, so they should get a boost. I don't mind if this in in the form of longer/harder quests that reward decently (6+ practices and 60+ QP).

#10 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Let's not make things even worse. Nothing is wrong with first class questing, and people need to realise this.

#11 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

remove all quests <=6pp for archons thanks:>

#12 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

(From Disorray):
remove all quests <=6pp for archons thanks:>

I wouldn't want them removed, but rather rewards boosted and phases added as necessary.

#13 Disorray

Disorray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

Yeah im cool with that too. its just hard to take a pro-active slay everything work hard ethic towards farming the 5k or so practices i need to maxx everything i use, when i get visit quests for 5pp, and they are remarkably common, on average i suppose i get 6-7pp per quest, it needs to be higher than that imho, who submits these? i had a 8pp the other for mother earth, thats insane, she's hardly soloable without a lot of work, but chromatic dragon is 9pp? which imo is easier.

#14 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

For this post slashing/slashed refers to the lowering of Practices and qp in quests (2ndly I am not anti pk beofre you assume so based on my OPIONION below)

From Kayrnn

They have already turned almost all of Templetons 4 plus quests into 2/3 practice ones and they took the 7 practice quest that sent you to every continent and slashed it to 4 practices (yet 3rd classes who can get around easy get 6 practices to do the same thing) and they took almost of the 5-6 practices ones and cut them down to 3-4 practices too how much more cutting do you want them to do?

Yes there still are a handful of 5 and 6 practice ones but you have to go through an hour or more of 3 practices ones to get offered them.

They have also slashed qp's on most of those quests as well!

I don't care how many immortals deny it, I have been questing tellerium and templeton for 6-7 years I see the difference in quest rewards without having to go look them up on pkzone. (maybe it has been over the last 2 years but in the end its still a significant amout of quests in total - enough that players are backed into a corner and remaining 1st class longer by turning down more and more quests)

Slashing the rewards does not stop people from class camping since people can only do 1k quests 1st class alot of player have begun to think they need to do all 1k quests - and because people are always in the battle of quest rewards being too low (lowbies side) and too high (highbies complaining) people see this and only do 6 practice quests cause they are trying to stretch out there rewards to the maximum cause they know there is a limit in 2nd class as well and the 2nd class quests have been slashed as well.

Why do you people care so much that players were getting and are wanting a better start for there characters theses days...that is the type of players that are playing games like MM - they want to build stronger characters from the start - instead of camping 180/240 or archon for years questing to make up for things they skipped early on - why do you wish to punish/hold back players for learning from the mistakes (or lack of choice) of those before them?

You should enjoy the fact players are trying to better prepare themselves now for there battles with you in the future you wont have to complain you creamed them in 3 rounds and it was no fun to pk with them or option B they wont be trying to run away in pk so much cause they know they have no chacne versus you cause they are miles behind you in character ability(skills/spells/hp's/sp's ect)

Take this into consideration as well - newer palyers seem more intent overall in building well rounded characters for there enjoyment, not yours.

AND

The newer players of MM are not hyped about PK - I don't blame them - get over it with the changes to maskes spooking insanely even agaisnt people with maxed courage, the change to pk areas being no recall/no gohall (TOA for example) people complaining about smoke bombs and people fleeing - get over it - not everyone wants to die - nto everyone wants to lose there quest - not everyone wants to try and replace there gear everytime they have to dash into cpk for a pathetic 6 practices (example typical rune 1 cpk phase quest 3rd class and above particularily to visit knight malcom in templeton)

DEAL WITH IT and quit trying to ruin (that is what you are doing) there enjoyment of MM they are not denying you your enjoyment of the game (sees more pk beign added all the time and pk areas being made harder nto to mention new runs/mini's for hero's archons only)

(please ignore all grammar and typo's life calls i dont have time to fix it sorry)

#15 Harly

Harly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Thank you Elana, that was the best post I have ever read on this message board.

I would also like to address the quest timer (not limit) here. Why the heck should I have to wait 6 hours to reset my timer. I only get to play a few hours a day, and I want to do as many zarking quests as I can I don't mind going to multiple QMs but 5 quests a day at 2-4 pracs a day is kind of lame. Also not that it matters, but from an RP stand point, if you were a king and had some great hero doing quests for you all day, I wouldn't be like "oh you had too many quests today" I would instead use them to their full potential.

Its sort of like affirmative action I guess.

#16 Bloodsong

Bloodsong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

(From Elana):
They have already turned almost all of Templetons 4 plus quests into 2/3 practice ones and they took the 7 practice quest that sent you to every continent and slashed it to 4 practices (yet 3rd classes who can get around easy get 6 practices to do the same thing) and they took almost of the 5-6 practices ones and cut them down to 3-4 practices too how much more cutting do you want them to do?
Yes there still are a handful of 5 and 6 practice ones but you have to go through an hour or more of 3 practices ones to get offered them.
They have also slashed qp's on most of those quests as well!
I don't care how many immortals deny it, I have been questing tellerium and templeton for 6-7 years I see the difference in quest rewards without having to go look them up on pkzone. (maybe it has been over the last 2 years but in the end its still a significant amout of quests in total - enough that players are backed into a corner and remaining 1st class longer by turning down more and more quests)

"It's the way it's always been" does not equate "It's the way it should be". The quests are changing for a reason - a quest worth six practices should equal the same difficulty of any other quest worth six practices. When a first class quest that requires going to one other town (if that) without killing anything gives the same rewards as a third class quest that requires journeying to multiple places and killing a few relatively hard-to-reach mobs, there is a problem.

Slashing the rewards does not stop people from class camping since people can only do 1k quests 1st class alot of player have begun to think they need to do all 1k quests - and because people are always in the battle of quest rewards being too low (lowbies side) and too high (highbies complaining) people see this and only do 6 practice quests cause they are trying to stretch out there rewards to the maximum cause they know there is a limit in 2nd class as well and the 2nd class quests have been slashed as well.

So, perhaps, the notion that players need to do a thousand quests should be changed by lowering the rewards further. Slashing the rewards further and giving more of a point to questing in later classes would seem to make people question why they're questing so much in first class when the rewards are greater later on, and it would seem to make more sense that a QM would give greater rewards for a task that a smaller player couldn't handle.
Similarly, when players are turning down as many quests as you seem to indicate in order to get ones for higher rewards, there may be a problem.

To get back on topic, and to further agree with a few before me: Templeton. No question.

#17 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Why do you people care so much that players were getting and are wanting a better start for there characters theses days...that is the type of players that are playing games like MM - they want to build stronger characters from the start - instead of camping 180/240 or archon for years questing to make up for things they skipped early on - why do you wish to punish/hold back players for learning from the mistakes (or lack of choice) of those before them?

Well, if lowbie rewards are amazing and you multi and get the same rewards and have to do more work, won't you regret it, become unhappy, and wish you camped rather than progressed further into the game?

Plus, players were questing until they got bored of the game.

Too many people blindly charge down the misguided path thinking 'I have to do this to be good', when its simply not so.

#18 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

I wasn't saying remove the limits of amount of quests per class....but dont slash quest rewards down to 2-3 practices for level 60's there is no need for it 4 or 5 practices is not unreasonable for a level 60 for a 5-8 phase quest that has them run to 2 or 3 areas and can include the pk from FGK. (talking Templeton mostly here cause that is only areas I can vouche has had its quests slashed drastically over the last 2 years)

And point to note should be 1st class quests were NOT over rewarding IMO the 3rd - 4th and archon quests are UNDER REWARDING - why dont you people advocate to have your rewards corrected instead of taking away from the lowbies more and more tryin to make your quests look decent..they never will even if you eliminated 1st class questign altogether ..then it would be the 2nd class making yours look bad..then it would be 3rd and so on and so forth

#19 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

Well, some people do suggest raising the rewards...

But there are various reasons people prefer for rewards to be lowered.

:gpotion: If quest rewards are raised, then they make marks, miniquests, and various other things look even less rewarding by comparison.

:ypotion: 3 to 4 practices used to be great rewards for first class quests. However, people kept submitting quests that gave higher and higher rewards. Although people grew accustomed to these higher rewards, these were not the rewards intended first classers were intended to recieve for these quests.

:bpotion: A lot of people don't want to progress too quickly. One of the nice things about MM is you can continue to develop for a long time, thus can develop & play the game for a long time.

Et cetra...

#20 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

I've refrained from posting something like this because the wide majority of you are simply too feeble to comprehend this:

Even if you get 4 practices as a first classers (instead of a ludicrious 6) for a quest, you're still ahead of the curve in that there is generally a direct translation from practices into percent learned - that is to say, that there is a 1:1 ratio there: You get one percent learned for one practice. This is clearly somewhat less true as you approach level 60 (by design).

In second class (and obviously later) this ratio climbs - sometimes dramatically. Your 6 practices are suddenly worth LESS (at least with regards to skills and spells, NOT stats) than 4 were to you, as a first classer!

First class: 4 pracs (generally) nets you 4% learned
Second class: 4 pracs (might) net you 2% learned (or less).
Third class+: 4 pracs (depending on the skill) might net you 1% learned (or less, heh).

If you can comprehend this simple fact, you'll understand that questing as a first classer is highly lucrative. You'll also understand that there is exactly ZERO need to boost rewards for first-class questing any higher than they currently are. 4 practices goes farther with regards for skills/spells for a first classer than TEN does for an archon!

The exception being, again, with regards to stats, inclusive of hp/sp/st. This is why I harp on the fact that these should be done ONLY as a 240+ if you're looking to maximize the return on your practice bank, but this is probably falling upon deaf ears (as always).

#21 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

Thats a good point, in which i totaly forgot about in all of my posts about this increase this and that for questing.

#22 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:38 AM

sabu wins :santa:

#23 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

(From Sabu):
In second class (and obviously later) this ratio climbs - sometimes dramatically.

The exception being, again, with regards to stats, inclusive of hp/sp/st. This is why I harp on the fact that these should be done ONLY as a 240+ if you're looking to maximize the return on your practice bank, but this is probably falling upon deaf ears (as always).

Exactly, I do understand this. I am collecting practice points for Skills and Spells only. I have not traiend a single stat or vital. I, at most, will possibly train my prime stat up. Anything else will be from manuals, and mod15 level betters. As for vitals, I don't want to hit the max before 240 unless I have done it entirely with level betters.

By keeping this prac surplus, I can try to maximize their value by maxing skills and spells at the lowest level.

Not to mention the nice QP I get from all of this.

#24 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Perfect approach. Just understand that you're not going to be able to quest over the cap for your class, and you'll be just fine.

#25 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

Sabu what your post negelects is this...

1. A level 60 and/or a 120 questing Templeton can get 4 practice quest done in under 10 minutes (rough nunmber I timed today)

2. A 180 takes roughly 20 minutes to do a 4-6 practice quest from New Rigel

3. A hero can take up to 30 minutes to do a 6-8 practice quest depending on there recalls, gohall, gates, ship times ect.

So for a first classer to do 100 quests at 4 practices is alot faster time wise than a 180 can do 100 quests or a hero or an archon - the difference is the hero and archon will net more practices in that 100 quests than a 1st classer will and that is how it should be - the problem is the 180/hero/archon quests are not giving enough practices per quest (sometimes) and when people compare it to the 1st class quest rewards the immortals cut 1st class rewards instead of fixing the rewards on the higher level quests

My next point is this im not asking for 6 7 or 8 practice rewards form a 1st class quest (really im not that crazy) 4 practices is a nice number for 60 - anthing less for me I turn down (thats a personal choice) i do this so i get a minimum of 4000 practices from questing at 60 that will take care of my skills, and stats i want and be a small head start on 2nd class where I tend (but not always) wizard or ranger and have skills and spells to do (ranger being far worse than wizard cause you get like 30 skills/spells in the first 20 levels)

PP should be (IMO)

level 1-30 1-2
level 31-49 2-3
level 50-60 4 with a few 5 ones for pk phases

level 61-119 4-6
level 120 5-6 with a few 7 for pk phases

level 121-179 6-7
level 180 6-7 with a few 8 for pk phases

level 181-239 7-8
level 240 8-9 with a few 10's for cpk quests

archons 9-10 with 11's and 12's for cpk quests