Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Best QM For First Class

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#26 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

(From Elana):
For this post slashing/slashed refers to the lowering of Practices and qp in quests (2ndly I am not anti pk beofre you assume so based on my OPIONION below)

From Kayrnn

That is true, and really should be fixed.

They have already turned almost all of Templetons 4 plus quests into 2/3 practice ones and they took the 7 practice quest that sent you to every continent and slashed it to 4 practices (yet 3rd classes who can get around easy get 6 practices to do the same thing) and they took almost of the 5-6 practices ones and cut them down to 3-4 practices too how much more cutting do you want them to do?

you wanted to keep getting 5-6 practices WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING TEMPLETON. when archons can get 6 prac quests that visit ALL THREE PLANES.

Yes there still are a handful of 5 and 6 practice ones but you have to go through an hour or more of 3 practices ones to get offered them.

No different then at archon, deal with it

They have also slashed qp's on most of those quests as well!

I don't care how many immortals deny it, I have been questing tellerium and templeton for 6-7 years I see the difference in quest rewards without having to go look them up on pkzone. (maybe it has been over the last 2 years but in the end its still a significant amout of quests in total - enough that players are backed into a corner and remaining 1st class longer by turning down more and more quests)

Slashing the rewards does not stop people from class camping since people can only do 1k quests 1st class alot of player have begun to think they need to do all 1k quests - and because people are always in the battle of quest rewards being too low (lowbies side) and too high (highbies complaining) people see this and only do 6 practice quests cause they are trying to stretch out there rewards to the maximum cause they know there is a limit in 2nd class as well and the 2nd class quests have been slashed as well.

there are probably no more than 25-30 people EVER who have more than 4500 quests at ANY level. there are NOT tons of level 60's doing 1000 quests, and there are probably a whole 2-3 that are even CONSIDERING doing 4500 quests at 120.

The FACT is, your 3 prac quest at 60 is as rewarding for practicing skills as a NINE prac quest at archon, or in some casees even more.

Why do you people care so much that players were getting and are wanting a better start for there characters theses days...that is the type of players that are playing games like MM - they want to build stronger characters from the start - instead of camping 180/240 or archon for years questing to make up for things they skipped early on - why do you wish to punish/hold back players for learning from the mistakes (or lack of choice) of those before them?

Nobodies holding back players but themselves...they're being encouraged to NOT hold themselves back...

You should enjoy the fact players are trying to better prepare themselves now for there battles with you in the future you wont have to complain you creamed them in 3 rounds and it was no fun to pk with them or option B they wont be trying to run away in pk so much cause they know they have no chacne versus you cause they are miles behind you in character ability(skills/spells/hp's/sp's ect)

Thats laughable. You can quest as many thousands of quests as you want and it will NOT prepare you for pk any better than power levelling up. The ONLY way to prepare for pk is to ...GASP... try your hand at pk.

Take this into consideration as well - newer palyers seem more intent overall in building well rounded characters for there enjoyment, not yours.

AND

The newer players of MM are not hyped about PK - I don't blame them - get over it with the changes to maskes spooking insanely even agaisnt people with maxed courage, the change to pk areas being no recall/no gohall (TOA for example) people complaining about smoke bombs and people fleeing - get over it - not everyone wants to die - nto everyone wants to lose there quest - not everyone wants to try and replace there gear everytime they have to dash into cpk for a pathetic 6 practices (example typical rune 1 cpk phase quest 3rd class and above particularily to visit knight malcom in templeton)

so dont go into cpk for 6 pracs.

if you dont want to get pk'd DONT GO INTO PK. PERIOD.

otherwise, deal with it.

DEAL WITH IT and quit trying to ruin (that is what you are doing) there enjoyment of MM they are not denying you your enjoyment of the game (sees more pk beign added all the time and pk areas being made harder nto to mention new runs/mini's for hero's archons only)

DEAL WITH IT and quit trying to ruin (that is what your doing) high level players enjoyment of MM, they are not denying you your enjoyment of the game (sees new low level content being added all the time, not to mention new runs/mini's for first and second classers only)

Thank you. Shut up.

#27 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

See Elana's got more of the idea, im still sticking with it in saying that the quest rewards do not need to be up'd, but at least she didnt go crazy with this double them stuff.

My 6 quests are normaly keep / sigil then either Rune or New Rigel.

In sigil i get cpk quests mostly and they take me literaly about 3-4 min to finish. If your going to tell me i get 20 pracs and 200 qp for 3-4 min of work (granted its cpk) youve seriously lost it.

#28 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Elana: You're making my point for me. Since first class practices are "worth" more (according to my initial post) and you can accumulate them faster than a higher level character, first classers already have a distinct advantage over higher leveled characters with regards to practices/training and DO NOT NEED ANY SORT OF BOOST OR ASSISTANCE OTHERWISE THAN WHAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE TO THEM.

I was compelled to use your silly "make the text huge" technique there in the hopes that you actually see that and comprehend the message.

#29 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Sabu my point has never been to UP 1st class rewards (unless they doubled everyones rewards fair for all not that - that would happen)- only that they stop slashing the quests more and more and more....templeton use to have a decent about of 4/5 practice quests ....now 90% are 3 practices some slashed to 2 practices that is my problem..i dont want and have never wanted insane amounts of practices...just quit slashing the lower quest rewards trying to make the high ones look better instead have them FIX the high ones...

#30 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:09 AM

Sounds like they got fixed, if you ask me!

#31 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

I want to know where sabu learned to dominate message boards so well :<

#32 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

This is slightly off topic, but seems like I'll be answered here: I know partially completed quests count agisnt the 5 per 6 hours limit, but do they count aginst the class limit?

I want to get about 150 quests more QP before I multi, so I was wondering if once I get about 970 to 980 quests complete: Is it a viable option to turn in mostly complete quests for QP untill I have enough?

back on topid:
In various thread people have argued aginst higher rewards for the higher classes because they have quests that only take 3 to 4 minutes to complete, and those woudl become over-rewarding. How about removing those quick quests? Should there really be any 3, 4 or archon quest that takes less than 20 to 30 minutes to complete? For that matter should any quest (for any class) ever take less then about 10 to complete (assuming you know where all the phases are)?

#33 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

Sabu sending players to FGK which is pk for 3 practices is pathetic - sending a 1st classer to lowangen, rigel, rune, sigil and tellerium for 4 practices is pathetic!

They did not fix anything - they slashed rewards so now people sit and turn down 10 quests in a row before they get a 4 one and do it..how is that fixed?

Now they will take longer to get to whatever quest number they want to be at 249 340 500 or 1000 - they are more bored turning down quests then they ever were from "questing too much"

Infact there are people (i wont name names) that only do 5 practice and above even one guy for sure that i know only does 6 practice quests as a level 60...he feels "if i can only do 1000 it need to be for high pp's so i know it will take me farther"

How is having people camp longer (cause they are turning down more and more quests) fix the problem you highbies bitch so much about "quit class camping just multi" I hear it all the time...

It fixes nothing....and if they continue to slash all they will do is drive new players away (sure you say thas fine with me *blah whatever reason you can come up with) but new players are the "fresh meat" of MM they bring diversity, new ideas, new concepts and even new perspectives to things older players only see one way (the way it use to be)...

#34 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

(From Elana):
templeton use to have a decent about of 4/5 practice quests ....now 90% are 3 practices some slashed to 2 practices that is my problem..

I didn't want to touch these questing threads, but that's bullspit. Yeah, some quests got cut. There are still tons of 4, 5, 6, and even one 7 PP quest (and an incredibly easy one at that) that 60s get. I know, I do 15 a day, and most days never have to sit around "for hours" looking for a quest above 3 pp. You're simply exaggerating to try and make a point.

#35 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

That's what players with no foresight would do. Sure, you get more out of your quests, but how exactly does that compare to the time wasted? It's especially true now; previously it wasn't that unfeasible to get 5 or 6pp quests as a first classer.

#36 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

I will now channel the spirit of Tyben and counterpoint every statement in your post!

(From Elana):
Sabu sending players to FGK which is pk for 3 practices is pathetic - sending a 1st classer to lowangen, rigel, rune, sigil and tellerium for 4 practices is pathetic!

Calling FGK "PK" is like calling the Vandyne statue in the Rune Crypts a "run".

(From Elana):
They did not fix anything - they slashed rewards so now people sit and turn down 10 quests in a row before they get a 4 one and do it..how is that fixed?

To quote John Milton (an ironic fictional choice if you ask me) - "Free will, it is a bitch."

(From Elana):
Now they will take longer to get to whatever quest number they want to be at 249 340 500 or 1000 - they are more bored turning down quests then they ever were from "questing too much"

By "they", do you mean "you"? Doing more than 100 quests (regardless of how rewarding they are) as a first classer is a horrible waste of time. If you want to class camp to 1000 quests, then God bless you, but I don't see why the game needs to change to cater to your CHOICE.

(From Elana):
Infact there are people (i wont name names) that only do 5 practice and above even one guy for sure that i know only does 6 practice quests as a level 60...he feels "if i can only do 1000 it need to be for high pp's so i know it will take me farther"

*insert argument about free will and choice here*

(From Elana):
How is having people camp longer (cause they are turning down more and more quests) fix the problem you highbies bitch so much about "quit class camping just multi" I hear it all the time...

...what?

(From Elana):
It fixes nothing....and if they continue to slash all they will do is drive new players away (sure you say thas fine with me *blah whatever reason you can come up with) but new players are the "fresh meat" of MM they bring diversity, new ideas, new concepts and even new perspectives to things older players only see one way (the way it use to be)...

The genuinely new players will not class camp - they won't know to, and probably will have all of their skills or spells done by the time that they're level 60 and just received their quest mark. People who (think that they) know how to play the game already will make it a point to hoard practices early on.

#37 Bloodsong

Bloodsong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

(From Sabu):
I was compelled to use your silly "make the text huge" technique there in the hopes that you actually see that and comprehend the message.

Though he makes excellent points in other places, I'm compelled to say that Sabu wins the whole damned board with this line.

#38 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

R.I.P. Political Debate. :cry:

#39 Guest_elana_*

Guest_elana_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

Anyone who thinks FGK isn't real pk for level 60's has no opinion I need to read - he just made such a total fool of himself saying that, that I have lost all respect for his opinion all together.

FGK may not have been a big pk areas "back in the day" but there is a certain clan that camps it and kills questers there all the time lately...

My point stands all the quests for all levels need to be adjusted and a standard number set for rewards for quests of that level - with plus 1 pp for cpk phases and plus 1-2 for cpk quests at archon (such as an NK quest should be 12pp)

PP should be (IMO)

level 1-30 1-2
level 31-49 2-3
level 50-60 4 with a few 5 ones for pk phases

level 61-119 4-6
level 120 5-6 with a few 7 for pk phases

level 121-179 6-7
level 180 6-7 with a few 8 for pk phases

level 181-239 7-8
level 240 8-9 with a few 10's for cpk quests

archons 9-10 with 11's and 12's for cpk quests

#40 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:01 AM

To add even more invalidity to the argument that Templeton doesn't give enough practices:

This quest is called 'Save My Darlings!', for Adventurers levels 60 to 120.
Lady Templeton is the mistress in charge of this quest.
Description of Save My Darlings!:
Even though we are in a time of peace, some of our most precious citizen are
in grave danger. What citizen do I speak so fondly of? The felines of
Avros of course. With crime at an all time low and people feeling more at
ease then they have ever before some of our more 'colorful' citizens have
become so bored with life that they have taken up cruelty to animals as a
hobby. What is worst is that some of my very own town guards and janitor
are taking part in these atrocities. Not to mention that poaching is at an
all time high. Your mission is to put an end to all of these crimes. You
are to punish anyone that you come across whom is taking part in these vile
acts. May the Powers guide and protect you on this mission of mercy.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 50 quest points, 7 practice points, 35000 experience points, and 14000 gold pieces.
You have 200 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Save My Darlings! consists of:
Phase 1: *Defeat a bag lady.
Phase 2: *Defeat a spirited sailor.
Phase 3: *Defeat a janitor.
Phase 4: *Defeat a Templeton town guard.
Phase 5: *Defeat a gang member.
Phase 6: *Defeat a religious fanatic.
Phase 7: *Defeat a goblin mercenary-for-hire.
Phase 8: *Defeat a centaur ranger.

Implemented with today's reboots unless I'm mistaken.

#41 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:56 AM

That doesn't invalidate the point of the thread, give Duende a minute to see that quest and the rewards will be 3 pp i'm sure...

Unless maybe that quest is the first step in the right direction, maybe all the quest complaint threads finally got our point through to the immortals...

#42 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:22 AM

(From Aelita):

That doesn't invalidate the point of the thread, give Duende a minute to see that quest and the rewards will be 3 pp i'm sure...

Unless maybe that quest is the first step in the right direction, maybe all the quest complaint threads finally got our point through to the immortals...

that quest SHOULD be nerfed. a typical 7 prac archon quest involves going to 3-4 continents, if not another plane.

you should NEVER under ANY circumstance get 7 practices for a quest that easy.

#43 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

And as sabu points out, that 7 prac quest at first class, would be equivalent to a TWENTY prac quest at archon. which doesnt exist. at all.

#44 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Man, some of the points your making elana are just waaaaaaaaay out there that im not sure you even know what your talking about. I have 3 alts that are first class, i have NEVER had an issue getting a 4 prac quest ... and i have one that sits in sigil - that alone should tell you something. So with all of you rants about how things are getting slashed and oh well i was sent to FGK for a 4 prac quest. Wait till you get to archon and you are sent to dio cats to fight 4 cpk para mobs for 7 pracs. I pray that you wake up before then otherwise you will not last long.

#45 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

Well I'd have to agree with Duende then (not sure wtf you are picking on him tho). The above quest isn't worth more than 5 pracs MAX. I'd give it 4 since half the mobs are easy at the lowest level of the quester and all of the mobs are in the same vicinity with a couple right outside the town. You'll probably hit most of those mobs just walking from the QM to the outside gate.

#46 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

(From Elana):
Anyone who thinks FGK isn't real pk for level 60's has no opinion I need to read - he just made such a total fool of himself saying that, that I have lost all respect for his opinion all together.

Really? I made a fool of myself somehow, yet you're the one who chooses to make a statement with "level 60" and "pk" in the same sentence?

The fool is who, now? Run along and go make another first class alt and do another 1000 quests. Talk to me when you know something about the game as it pertains to level 61+.

:quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

#47 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

Well in a sense she is correct. There have been some 120 - 180's camping there (minimally) lately..

HOWEVER

Faced with a choice of turning in my quest and sitting around twiddling my thumbs for 10 minutes or

*taking the risk* and doing the quest with the possible outcome that I might die and sit at Mordred for the same amount of time (or) successfully complete the quest.. I'd take the risk.

HI IT IS TEXT. It isn't even CPK. (mostly)

It is very hard to get pk'd if you are looking out for it and taking steps to avoid it. Common sense ftw.

Elana/Aelita: so what you have an archon? I have a first classer who quests, so you can stop trying to play the angle that we are out of touch and don't have a clue.

#48 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

I understand that there are "PK" rooms there. There are also "PK" rooms in Sigil and Rune. Does that make Sigil and Rune "PK"? I think not.

Also, level 60 "PK" is stupid. End of story.

If anybody ever needs to get into the Frost Giant's Keep and some badass 120 leet "PK" jerk has it locked down, send me a tell.

#49 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

That offer stands for just about anybody but Aelita and her alts, by the way.

#50 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

yes... god i was afraid you wouldn't help me out if i needed to get past that 120.