Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Best QM For First Class

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#51 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

OMG!! Rescue me Uncle Sabu!!! :love:

#52 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

Its not like real PK areas are much more challenging...

#53 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

And as sabu points out, that 7 prac quest at first class, would be equivalent to a TWENTY prac quest at archon. which doesnt exist. at all.

While that quest is exceedingly easy, I'll say it once more. The first class quests aren't the problem. You're all on the idea that since your quests aren't as rewarding as first class quests, that the first class quests are the problem. Wrong.

Don't mangle lower end quests because the higher end are stupidly low. Fix the high end ones and leave the low end ones.

#54 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

Wrong?
That's not exactly so... In some cases, yeah... but development isn't supposed to be as fast as YOU want it to be. The whole game isn't when your developed, its the journey to it as well and one of the nice things about Materia Magica is you don't beat it two weeks and then have nothing left to do.

#55 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

Nobody's debating that. But there's also no reason for it to take a year or more for a casual player to reach the point where the real game actually begins.

#56 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

The real game is not only endgame.

#57 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

(From Zellian):
Nobody's debating that. But there's also no reason for it to take a year or more for a casual player to reach the point where the real game actually begins.

Play more? Nizzak did it in three months; It's possible.

#58 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

I suppose it's all about what type of experience a player wants out of this game. If they're a casual player who plays an hour or two every other day who wants to reach archon and compete with their fellow players, I guess they're just SOL.

#59 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Edit: should say 'can only play'.

#60 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

(From Zellian):
I suppose it's all about what type of experience a player wants out of this game. If they're a casual player who plays an hour or two every other day who wants to reach archon and compete with their fellow players, I guess they're just SOL.

Why should somebody who plays "an hour or two every other day" expect to be able to "compete with their fellow players" if they play more?

#61 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

That's an interesting question - should players who won't be able to dedicate hundreds upon hundreds (or thousands) of hours to playing this game, but want to compete bother playing at all?

#62 Sabu

Sabu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8615 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

Yes - they shouldn't expect to fight Sabon and win, though.

That's my point.

#63 Zellian

Zellian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

That's a good point, however 'complete character' and 'pk competent character' are two different things. If skills and spells were practiceable to 100% rather than 75% as most are you would have a better case, but I'm not quite convinced.

#64 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

You don't even need to be maxed or anything to PK effectively...
Most players aren't maxed either...

#65 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:30 AM

Look at this game like drag racing and not stock car racing.

The challenge is in building the car to perform its best at the end race (and compete along the way) not be given the same car as everyone else and do laps.

This game doesn't take thousands upon thousands of hours of questing and playing just to be able to compete. You can archon and with the right class path and a great knowledge of pk, you will win more times than die. Its been proven. But if you want to be the best player in your race / class path it does take a serious time requirement/drive to acomplish that.