Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

pkzone?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#26 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

Doesn't Cwn have their own growing quest database?

#27 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

(From Ciali):
If PKZone is really gone forever, it will be a big loss. Not the PK trackers . . . but PKZone provided information that no other site out there had, they had a specific niche, and it will be missed. I hope other websites will step up and start hosting some of that information . . . i know there are several that already do . . . featuring logs etc. Maybe someone will step up the quest information and other game information like that as well.

Anyways, that website provided a great service for quite a while, and it is too bad that it is now gone.

You mean the niche that other people were already filling since the time Lothos stopped giving a crap about the website but before it died completely?

#28 Ciali

Ciali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Look I understand that some of the website info was outdated since he stopped playing the game, but it had a wealth of information (still useful) which was very helpful to a whole boatload of players. It was still one of the most recommended websites out there.

Annwn's site is growing and looks quite good. I still haven't seen any website with as comprehensive a quest database as pkzone had though. That sort of thing takes effort, time (years) and a lot of cooperation to build. Anyone (any group of people) who put that much time and effort into something deserve respect and gratitude. Yes, there will be other websites. Yes, they will fill the niche. This one will still be missed :)

#29 Nerion

Nerion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:38 PM

(From Solus):

It's pretty huge.

#30 Aenarion

Aenarion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:13 AM

(From Nerion):

(From Solus):

It's pretty huge.

You will find that maybe 1 in 20 quests you get -or even less- aren't to be found in the annwn database, and they radpidly fill up with the help of all our fellow Alyrians <3. (Also worth noting is that the quest submitting system is dynamic, so if you add a quest and there are existing solutions to the phases, they will automatically be added to the new quest as well).

#31 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:22 AM

Quest databases: bah humbug.

#32 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:33 AM

pkzone has better logging than 92, and better quest database, better tracker, better..um..everything it has

#33 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:51 AM

(From Perem):
pkzone has better logging than 92, and better quest database, better tracker, better..um..everything it has

Pkzone doesn't have better anything than anything.

#34 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:09 AM

Perem will continue to use Pkzone.

Everyone else will use 92's.

Thanks, 92, for an awesome site which is both contemporary and dynamic.

You have a PK tracker ? Awesome, but I'll probably never use it. Thanks.

Pkzone's logs were mildly entertaining on occasion, but I honestly hadn't read one for a couple of years.

It was a good site, but now it's gone.

Move along now, nothing to see.

#35 Nerion

Nerion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

(From Perem):

Yeah...because logging can be so much improved upon, idiot. Sure it might've had a bigger quest database, but it was also around for longer, give it some time. And for the better tracker, sure you could go more into it, but who cares, trackers are for wankers. Yeah Pkzone was a good site, and probably 95% of the people used it daily, but it's gone now.

#36 Ciali

Ciali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

Yeah Pkzone was a good site, and probably 95% of the people used it daily, but it's gone now.

True enough. On both counts. I'm glad that there seems to be an up and coming replacement site though.

Sure it might've had a bigger quest database, but it was also around for longer, give it some time.

Again, true enough. In time (especially without pkzone around), it seems as though the Annwn website might expand to become one of the most useful website resources for MM players. I certainly hope so!

#37 Lesa

Lesa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

pkzone= dead and gone
aodojo= not much better (needs alot of updates)
clanannwn.net= the replacement of pkzone

#38 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

Funny I haven't noticed PKzone was down until just now looking at the message boards. I used the site a lot before we began our own site.

Also don't hesitate to post on our msg boards with suggestions.
http://www.clanannwn...ums.php?forum=5

Thanks.

#39 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

I will admit that 92 is a very very good website, prob the best website that there is for MM bar this one.
Your quest database will improve i know that. For the trackers, pk ones shouldn't exist, people care about their record too much, if there were no tracks, there would be no record for people to 'protect'.

The main thing I liked about pkzone over 92, is the seperate logging.