Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Alyrian superlatives 08 discussion thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
135 replies to this topic

#1 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

talk here. vote there. dont be annoying. thats my job.

#2 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Most important[PvP](svs, svp, regen, damage): <1,2,3,4>
Most important[PvE](svs, svp, regen, damage): <1,2,3,4>

Are we supposed to give a vote of say human, elf, half-elf, dwarf?
(not my vote, just examples)
Did I understand the format on this one right?

Or is it for each category?

#3 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

(From Evighetens):

Are we supposed to give a vote of say human, elf, half-elf, dwarf?
(not my vote, just examples)
Did I understand the format on this one right?

Or is it for each category?

What do you think is most important, svs, svp, damage, or regen

#4 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

Ah, thought it was race related, lolz.

#5 Chorin

Chorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

Races:

PvP: <1,2,3>
PvE: <1,2,3>

The one above it is race-related.

#6 Sanacht

Sanacht

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

Rules:

A). 100 posts or level 241 to vote

I am a message board alt, and so not allowed to vote 8O

:<

#7 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

(From Chorin):

Races:

PvP: <1,2,3>
PvE: <1,2,3>

The one above it is race-related.

I'm not stupid, I know the former was, hence, why i didn't ask for clarification on it, just the latter.

#8 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

(From Evighetens):
I'm not stupid

i disagree

#9 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

You're a retard, you have no say in the matter.

#10 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

If retards had no say in the matter, George Bush wouldn't be president.

#11 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

(From Xarlia):
If retards had no say in the matter, George Bush wouldn't be president.

Ah, but you forget that the snake people are the true Overlords of this country, Bush is just a shadow puppet to supplant their reign until they are forced to expose themselves to the nonbelievers shortly before the systematic obliteration of all opposing entities.

#12 Dwarfius

Dwarfius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:19 PM

For least knowledgeable player (with knowledgeable misspelled), I interpreted it as the archons that doesn't know anything but pretends to know it all.

#13 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:02 AM

Anyone else think that Forfeit thinking that Pike and Teleview are useless is a sad statement about the affair of the current breed of player?

#14 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

Wait, nvm, his opinion doesn't matter because he didn't read the rules. 69 posts ftl.

Also, Edit Button please.

#15 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

Worst player(past year):

:hand: If I am one of the worst, how is it that you lose to me when I am using a jade wand and fireball against your fire resist? (Or do you call me the worst because I still used a jade wand and fireball to kill you despite your fire resist.)

#16 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

Technically, it was a combination of several things.

:yy: You were not intelligent enough to switch weapons to something that wouldn't be resisted by every ogre/dracon/druid/lucky-s.o.b.-with-a-rare-item in the game. Why using Fireball and Jade Wand, you showed that you were inexperienced in PK combat.

:yy: Spamming the same spell (Fireball) against an Archon Hunter master recently showed you were inexperienced in NPC combat.

:yy: That Master also showed you are poorly experienced with working with a formation (casting damage instead of healing who needed it).

:yy: Your subsequent death to an ethereal hunter also requires the following information:
:candle: The Hunter and the Master were not formed at the time
:candle: You refused to flee, which can be taken that you were not in favor of it forming with the Master, but that is a non-issue, since...
:candle: the form can be split up by all PCs leaving and splitting into two groups, one waiting for your ethereal to rift away, and the other for the Master.

So the evidence is fairly conclusive. Those choices were based off of (my) player expierience and (other) player logs.

:skull: Also, since you can't let a red herring drop, my death to you was due to my (at that time) having roughly 2400 HP +/- 25, fully geared.:skull:

#17 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

who is cazzira and why are the low level voters all calling him the best pk'r.

#18 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

Cazzira is a she, and is pretty much the only Witch PKer, with several Archon kills under her belt, even though she is still pre-Hero. Checking the PK record, looks like she is an opportunist PKer as well.

#19 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

You were not intelligent enough to switch weapons to something that wouldn't be resisted by every ogre/dracon/druid/lucky-s.o.b.-with-a-rare-item in the game. Why using Fireball and Jade Wand, you showed that you were inexperienced in PK combat.

Well, its more-so I am sloppy and I didn't know your race until after I nearly killed you.

Spamming the same spell (Fireball) against an Archon Hunter master recently showed you were inexperienced in NPC combat.

Since I have a key of gath and we hard half a dozen people casting heal, there was no need for me to spam heal with everyone else since the hunter was barely hurting any of us. Also, due to the low sp cost of fireball, not being plagued, and my SP regen bonus, I won't run out of sp when using this spell.

Normally, I'd use a lightning bolt + magic dart or cure light + magic dart combination so I could force hunters to cast non-harmful spells over rounds, thus missing attacks and defenses. However, masters are already spammy enough and our victory was ensured.

Furthermore, doing nothing but spam heal is not the best tactic for beating every mob. Mobs die far faster when you actually deal damage. If I am not plagued, I will have about 1500sp left after a mob like a master; thus, there is little reason for me not to use offensive magic when everyone is at 90% health.

That Master also showed you are poorly experienced with working with a formation (casting damage instead of healing who needed it).

No one needed it. It was a tremor spammer and we were all at 80% to 90% health the whole time.

You refused to flee, which can be taken that you were not in favor of it forming with the Master, but that is a non-issue, since...

Refused to flee? I wasn't asked to flee and I was fighting my hunter in that room before you guys were. After I got my hunter, you guys got a normal hunter, killed it, then got a master while I was still busy fighting my hunter alone. Not to mention its kind of hard to flee when you are under the affects of web and can't calm because it would interfere with the master, no? In addition, once I calmed, my hunter would have formed with your hunter.

Furthermore, since we had such a large formation (7?), I was not needed to help with the master, and I should have been able to solo my eth with no trouble; however, since I was casting heal spells on you guys instead of on myself, my HP got low, and my heal spells kept getting countered, so I died.

You blame me for the mishap; however, why couldn't a single one of the six of you cast a heal spell on me. I could argue the form failed me.

Also, since you can't let a red herring drop, my death to you was due to my (at that time) having roughly 2400 HP +/- 25, fully geared.

You do realize I didn't have max hp or sp either, right? Plus, unlike you, I am a human paladin/priest without any racial resistances and no battle rage so you should be doing a bit better than myself when I am carelessly spamming fireball and using a jade wand.

#20 Sabon

Sabon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Have to love the logic behind being voted best pker ever, but not best current pker lolz

#21 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

(From Drahylin):
Cazzira is a she, and is pretty much the only Witch PKer, with several Archon kills under her belt, even though she is still pre-Hero. Checking the PK record, looks like she is an opportunist PKer as well.

Uh, no flak here, but there are (or were) other Witches, and killing archons means very little as to the skill one possesses when people like Vlidash, Calum, Lonar, etcetera can all become Archons.

#22 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

(From Solus):
Normally, I'd use a lightning bolt + magic dart or cure light + magic dart combination so I could force hunters to cast non-harmful spells over rounds, thus missing attacks and defenses. However, masters are already spammy enough and our victory was ensured.

Yeah, because mobs that have scripted/emote attacks/spells really have to worry about someone spamming magic dart so they'll counterspell it?

#23 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, sounded cooler when it wasn't mentioned that Vlidash and his ilk can easily become Archons.

Who are the other witches? o_0 I can't think of any other than Trae that might PK regularly.

#24 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

Felisin / Existance are just starting to get into it but do none the less.

#25 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

Then I stand corrected.