Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Roleplaying Competition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#1 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

For reasons I may or may not feel like divulging at some point in the future, I am going to sponsor a roleplaying contest. The backdrop is any public channel, entrants are anyone level 200+, the time frame is until the end of the month, the judge is me, the prize will be something gratuitously overrewarding given the risk/cost assumed by participating, and the criteria is a combination of the following guidelines and my own unquestionable whim.

If you feel like participating, write at least a sentence below expressing who you are, your motivation, and any particulars that might be important.

Adhere to this character portrayal wherever I or others may see it, and do your best not to stray from it. bonus points will be given for integrating it into pk. points will be reduced by bringing up OOC things on public channels, or breaking character, specifically in prickish ways.

#2 Kizzel

Kizzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm Kizzel, a completely sarcastic ass, that enjoys insulting other people and more importantly putting other people down to make myself feel better.

#3 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1612 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

oh yeah, and "being an asshole, because i'm an asshole" is probably the worst motivation ever. empire did it first, and they did it better than you, so don't even bother.

:)

#4 Kizzel

Kizzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

My motivation for being a sarcastic ass is the fact that in 3.2 I was the best PKer in the history of this game. In fact, 4.0 had to be created to nullify my greatness. Therefore, I walked the walk, now I get to talk the talk.
Besides the fact that I'm basically the grandfather of this world, being around longer than 99% of all current players, I have proven my greatness, and don't have to continue to prove it. I'd rather just believe it still exists. I'm great, you're not. I win.

#5 Sabon

Sabon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am Sabon the king of kings and my purpose is to rid the land of all the so called warriors who run around in pink and yellow armor such as the coward Kizzel who disgraces my race and lands

#6 Alvah

Alvah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I am a drow. I am rightly arrogant and care little for others' point of view. I enjoy controlling others, and my only concern is the pursuit of personal strength and power. Weakness disgusts me. That is all.

#7 Alvah

Alvah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Oh, and even though I'm not eligible for the contest, I'll still be participating as always.

#8 Tritochest

Tritochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

i like trains

#9 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

So this is based only on channels and not actual actions in game?

(I, myself, RP primarly in actions rather than words. After all, if you play this game for a long time, you'll run out of in character things to say and not be able to socialize much. Especially with so few people who would interact with you...)

#10 Kizzel

Kizzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Sabon, I have nothing left to prove. You may continue to attempt to prove yourself, but I have shown my mastery for years. I need not prove myself to you, young warrior. One day you'll grow up to be a big boy. Until then, live in my shadow and worship at my feet.

#11 Illyria

Illyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

I'm Illyria, a drowish assassin. I'm very picky about the attitudes of my clients, i dislike whiney and annoying people, and kill them whenever the opportunity presents itself. I believe drows are the superior race, and seek to destroy those that don't agree. I especially hate elves, gnomes, and halflings, and think they all should die.

#12 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

I am captain Perem, and I am here to rid alyria of the false pirates, making them flee to the shallows or to the locker. Floyd is the first, many more will come. Savvy?

#13 Nobadii

Nobadii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2330 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

I am Noba Dii Barberak! I am running for president of Alyria, and I am also the hidden leader of the drowish supremacy movement. Other drow like to believe that they are in fact the alpha drow, but I have proven before that they all fall short.

#14 Tritochest

Tritochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

choo-choo

#15 Lonny

Lonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

I am Lonny a middle aged, but still youthfully jolly, female halfling. I enjoy helping others whenever possible and being annoyingly upbeat and cheerful at all times. Despite this, Lonny behaves slightly irritatingly and in a subconsiociously power-hungry manner from being just a bit insane (witnessing 75000 death screams will do that).

Lonny

#16 Kizzel

Kizzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

Lonny, I'm not liking your description and motivation, please choose another. Make it something cool, nobody likes boring people.

#17 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

(From Tritochest):
choo-choo

arr, I'll blow your train up with my cannons

#18 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

I am Primus Le Primus, the halfling bard. I am in all truth a displaced panda minstrel from Altaair 4, a planet far beyond the Sirchade system - just looking for a way home, and to escape from my dark and stormy and mysterious past which involves a dark basement, drunken frat boys, and paddles.

#19 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

I am Krim, an outwardly coward and sucky pk'er who likes to kill 120's. He is also a infact a male, and was sent by the Guild of Iron Cavaliers, to infiltrate the ranks of the Valkyries and learn about all there secrets. This might also be the reason why Krim's second defense sucks, since he lacks a vagina, which through careful spying and research he has found is of utmost important, for one to be most proficient at the skill.

#20 Phaustix

Phaustix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

Long has the time of halfling discrimination been running rampant: Befuddled by the lack of step-ladders; Masked by furniture; Forced to live in the shadow of society. None will be spared during the brutal emancipation of the one true race. Society shall be fitted to match the King of Materia Magica.

I am Phaustix.

#21 Tritochest

Tritochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

(From Perem):

(From Tritochest):
choo-choo

arr, I'll blow your train up with my cannons

We're trains (manly trains), we're trains in space.

Posted Image

We roam through the stars belonging all your base.

Posted Image

We're trains, we're trains in spaaaace. We Harlock the rich, we Harlock the poor, just in case!

Posted Image

#22 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

I am Vlidash, bringer of anarchy and general annoyance. I hate the druids, monks, the druid/monks, and too a lesser extent, the psionics. As the self proclaimed King of sigil, I will frequently make attempts to be witty. My intelligence is questionable. I may randomly declare that something is overpowered. But above all else, I am lazy.

#23 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

arr, we are the space pirates coming after your space train
Posted Image

This is my crewe
Posted Image

This is my ship
Posted Image

#24 Redemption

Redemption

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

I'm Redemption (ppl seemed to enjoy talking about themselves in 3rd person in most posts to begin with)...
anyways...

I'm Redemption and I'm the hearty dwarf (sounds gay, but it isn't).
ehh... I like to help people (sounds like a school motivation to explain your reason why you want to 'become' this and that later on.... and yes it is)

My personality often tends to annoy people, as my mood swings up and down (I'm also good at telling white lies, so I'm often only partially telling the truth... yes, first part is true).

I'm often being called upon for my help (yeah, right).
And I'm sure as hell enjoying commenting on whatever I'm typing right now (I'm so good at RP).

I try to be funny sometimes and regardless of that I sometimes actually am (it's true!, white lie?). However that also appears to be the reason I annoy people.

I don't always make sense (I'm sure people would agree after reading all this).
BUT despite all that this dwarven fellow has the temper of a dwarf, the drinking behaviour of a dwarf, the incapability of understanding those blasted elves with their pointy ears (and dicks? sorry, I just always wondered what else would be pointy about them).
And with my mighty beard I have often ruined many peoples suppers or any other kind of entraits as all kinds of food particles tend to cling to my beard.

#25 Tritochest

Tritochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image