Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Roleplaying Competition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#26 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

The crazy pirates would like to come aboard the crazy train
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Redemption

Redemption

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

You just completely overshadowed my post :(

#28 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

(From Solus):
So this is based only on channels and not actual actions in game?

(I, myself, RP primarly in actions rather than words. After all, if you play this game for a long time, you'll run out of in character things to say and not be able to socialize much. Especially with so few people who would interact with you...)

Do you bother reading first?

#29 Kabaal

Kabaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

so called warriors who run around in pink and yellow armor

Those colours bring out my eyes though :(

#30 Kabaal

Kabaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

I'm Kabaal. I'm a senile old Minoutaur. The only time I leave my house is to move to one of my other houses. I can't stand the youth of today, especially when they're on my lawn. Due to my rapidly fading grip on reality, I rarely talk on public channels, and only then in a nonsensical series of adverbs. I structure sentences poorly. Peppermint is my favourite ice cream flavour.

#31 Storrm

Storrm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

I am Storrm.

I was born in other lands, growing up alone on the streets of Valorn a half-elf. I was exiled there for defending my love, and woke up here one cold morning with no memory of how I arrived. I was alone once again, and utterly clueless as to these vast new lands. I still am! lol. I am old now, with no hair left, a dark goatee with grey apparent within. My face is shrouded. Move along now.

I keep to myself, and generally dislike others. I also loathe forming, prefering to slowly soak in the experiences of these new lands. I enjoy sailing, and enticing the pirate Perem into thinking he can somehow sink me. Along those lines, I like to laugh. And I like cheese. I will pk to those who have disrespected my wife, the love of my life, or to those who have annoyed me. And their calnnies. So basically, I will pk Deathsmasher.

I'm not the brightest flame on the altar, barely knowing my arse from the hole in the ground I accidentally blew with my high explosive. I have always had poor equipment, old and fit for those smaller than myself. I don't ask for favors. I don't really care, I am here for my own enjoyment. I have seen a few of the others that have posted here on public channels....they seem so different here. This should be a challenge for them to be certain.

#32 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

Do you bother reading first?

I did, thus why I said what I did to (a.) double check, (b.) half-whine since I already pointed out the flaws in Duende's objective during an earlier conversation with him in game prior to this post, and (c.) to make sure I, someone who actually roleplays unlike many here, would be excluded* from the 'roleplay' contest.

*I say excluded since to take part in the contest I would have to break character.

Besides, it would make it harder to help people over public channels if you stayed in character.

#33 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1613 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Gosh, I wouldn't characterize them as "flaws in my logic" so much as "elements you don't like". Furthermore, you may be excluded due to your style of roleplay, but that doesn't mean that I'm too stupid to comprehend; that just means my primary objective isn't to reward your style of roleplay. People that already roleplay aren't the primary audience.

Also, I'm not seeing nearly enough roleplaying, so I think I'll insinuate that the reward will be something silly like an unreleased artificed item.

#34 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

I didn't say anything reguarding your intellegence. I simply disagree with your train of thought. While I may be disappointed that I can't take part in the contest while remaining in character, they are not elements I don't like. I'd very much enjoy seeing people roleplay on public channels. It can be fun and add to the game.

That said, part of my half-whine really does have to do with flaws in your logic - flaws which many of us pointed out when you brought this up on Archon Talk and ignored while you continued to insult PKers.

#35 Astrostar

Astrostar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:19 AM

I'm a drow. I'm very secretive, and you will not see me because i am so. Furthermore since i am a drow and so secretive, i am very, very sneaky.(like the dude in that Adam Sandler movie where he inherits a company.) Being so secretive and sneaky i am able to live in this world without anyone seeing me for months on end. I am by far the most serious of roleplayers. I win, end of story. As far as armor, there are no pinks or yellows or whatever, i run around buck naked to help conceal myself easier.

#36 Gobru

Gobru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

Mr. Solus

By remaining in character and not partaking in the competition, aren't you, in effect, partaking in the competition? Man, the paradox is blowing my freaking mind here.

Maybe Duende will notice what a great roleplayer you are after all and you will win a nice prize.

Oh yeah, and:

I am Gobru, a xenophobic Highland Minotaur. I enjoy haggis fresh from the sheep, stuffing my sporran and showing off my dangler. I exist mainly to mock those races of diminutive stature, with such scathing barbs as:
'Stand up when you are talking to me', and
'Looks like you forgot something - like half of your body', or
'My garden called, it wants its gnome back', and
'Hey, aren't you that Gary Coleman guy? WHAT'CHU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!'

#37 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Weed does that to you sometimes Gobru... ease off the 1/8th a day :P

#38 Gobru

Gobru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

I KNEW you halflings were spying on me.
:shifty:

#39 Pompom

Pompom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

I am Pompom, I am obsessive to the point of banality about being perfect. Whether its spelling or linguistic skills, it all has to be perfect. If it isn't I get a wee bit twitchy, correcting when necessary. If it persists even further, I begin to use my extensive vocabulary to confuse and befuddle those that make the mistakes. Why do I do this? Simply put, mistakes make me feel ill.

Supreme Educational Nazi, Pompom

#40 Tritochest

Tritochest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

(From Pompom):
I am Pompom(semicolon?) I am obsessive to the point of banality about being perfect. Whether it(hiapostrophehere,plzthx)s spelling or linguistic skills, it all has to be perfect. If it isn't(commawouldtastegoodhere) I get a wee bit twitchy, correcting when necessary. If it persists even further, I begin to use my extensive vocabulary to confuse and befuddle those that make the mistakes. Why do I do this? Simply put, mistakes make me feel ill.

Supreme Educational Nazi, Pompom

You must be feeling under the weather at the moment.

#41 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm always under the weather while out on my pirate ship.

#42 Gobru

Gobru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

At your height, you're under pretty much everything, all the time.

#43 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

Gobru likes to horn in on the conversation.

#44 Zei

Zei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

Calum is only half the elf his parent was D:

(er ... on topic ... hmm ... good luck everyone? =D)

#45 Notorious

Notorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

Hmmm....

I am a Drow Mercenary, I was brought up under the temple of Gath and I'm hostile towards anyone who is not in my clan or the clans that i associate with, all for the sake of fun, as i find pleasure in killing. As a mercenary you can think of me as a soldier for hire, if paid the right amount of gold i have no problem spending time to track and kill a target.

#46 Ledatic

Ledatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

I'm Ledatic Lewis of New Rigel. You know my father as Mr. Lewis, and someday I am to inherit his title. We are a rich and sophisticated family, as though it doesn't seem to be the case with me. I am the mere rebel of the family and wish to follow my dreams whether my father agrees with me or not. I do not back down from a fight and on the HHC (Halfling High Council).

#47 Gobru

Gobru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

Halfling 'High' Council...ohs, the irony.

#48 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

My name is Klaus von Fatterson. I was a science experiment in Lord Maldra's keep by all the mad scientists. Tired of having to feed off of lab rat droppings because a horrible monstrosity was my kennel-mate and would eat all the okapi ribs, I fled from that Keep.

I'm extremely fat because of all the chemical imbalances I have to live with. I'm moody for the exact same reasons. Growing up with Alondra, a minotaur hermaphrodite, I've become very bipolar. Doctor Gonzo said it was because beltane-weed babies often cycle through their periods- as he called it- during the same time.

Im in search of my true parents in Alyria. My quest leads me from tavern to pub in search of clues. Ive only been able to find out that my parents were a travelling circus act that used to be housed in the Wandering Sidhe way before that vicious Reapear showed up and killed them. Based on my findings from tavern-talk, the night I was concieved was a blur of sex, alcohol, and interveinous drug abuse. This makes me sad, so I drink away my sorrows now. Appletini, anyone?

#49 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

Ta, thanks.

#50 Pompom

Pompom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Oh no!!I got to eat my words. Yum. But as an educational word nazi, I am permitted to make what some people refer to as mistakes but what I call a test of the general populace. I commend thee! All bow before the power of the holy book known as.......W E B S T E R ' S D I C T I O N A R Y.

I am not worthy