Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

useless

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Morlack

Morlack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

You ask Lord Vendredi for a quest.
This quest is called 'Weapon Testing', for Adventurers levels 130 to 180.
Lord Vendredi is the master in charge of this quest.
Description of Weapon Testing:
The city of Sigil has long been a fairly safe place for residents and
visitors alike. Our experienced and loyal police forces are dedicated to
keeping the people safe. However, we are a bit concerned that since they
have never faced a real challenge, our guards might not be able to handle
serious problems if they ever arose. Therefore, we are supporting a new
training program in conjunction with Vospire, a city to our northwest. Our
main concern lies in verifying the quality of the weapons produced in our
city. Therefore, your task will be to compare some of Sigil's armaments
with those from Vospire. Successful completion of this quest will help
bring greater peace of mind to all of Sigil's residents.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 20 quest points, 2 practice points, 16000 experience points, and 2100 gold pieces.
You have 160 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Weapon Testing consists of:
Phase 1: Recover a standard sword of Vospire.
Phase 2: Destroy a Sigil sword.
Phase 3: Destroy a Sigil mace.
Phase 4: Destroy a Sigil spear.

#2 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Care to elaborate?

#3 Morlack

Morlack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

Well this quest has been posted about multiple times, all saying that it's really pointless for that class level. I can train half of a skill with those rewards. Also a first classer can easily complete this quest, though even for a first classer I wouldn't do the quest because of the crappy rewards, but that's just me. Though for third class it's kind of ridiculous.

#4 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

Not just that, but the low repop on those items is wtfbbqlow.

#5 Jibba

Jibba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

Yeah this quest is ultrafail. I always skip it. I should write new ones. Expect them soon when I'm sober. :naughty:

#6 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

I swear you don't look old enough to be drinking beer. Tyke.

#7 Alvah

Alvah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Jibba doesn't conform to societal norms. He's a rebel, a loose cannon of sorts. He doesn't play by anyone's rules except his own. Which he doesn't play by, because he doesn't play by rules.

#8 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

what i love this quest........

It about 15 seconds of your time and you get 2 pracs for it.

#9 Morlack

Morlack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

Until you actually kill every instructor and only have one of the weapons in your hand.

#10 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

Quests that you can complete four or five times over before even getting them because of hoarding eq are retarded.

You never heard about Frodo getting a quest to locate and deliver a potato to Samwise because that's just plain stupid. You never heard of Gandalf getting one to kill an orc. He slew a freaking Balrog instead.

If this quest was for level 30s, I'd say it's ok, but for a mid third class I'd rather do the plethora of quests involving acquiring items from mobs in vesuvius or diocletian or atlantis (with phases that prevent someone from having the quest prepared twenty times over ahead of time).

#11 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Once again, horses for courses and courses for horses. I'd prefer to do this crapola quest than an atlantis one, particularly during third class.

#12 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Good job ignoring the two locations 15 seconds away and focusing on the one a few minutes away to make it seem like I didn't have any validity with my statement at all.

#13 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

That doesn't really change the point of her statement. Some people prefer much easier quests for poor rewards, while others prefer better rewards for slightly more work.

#14 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

I had a few thoughts on this.

First, if the repops are bad, as per usual, it could conceivably take more time to complete this quest than to run to Atlantis, do what needs to be done, and get back to Sigil. I am referring to a similar situation that occurs to me when I am too lazy to turn in this same quest, except you need to get Meanna's spear. I went through four repops of instructors before finally getting the item needed, and promptly running out of time for the quest. The next few times I could actually complete the quest in the allotted time. To head off the question, I prefer to not hoard items for my quests, except for the Hellbent quests, which seem to have a very low repop rate, and are infinately more annoying to procure than a Sigil .

Second, unless you are comparing the rewards of the quests and stating that this quest doesn't seem to meet other third class quests in any facet, then why bring them up at all? Morlack has the best point in that two (2) practices is not nearly enough to raise most desired skills up one point; since there are better quests in third class that can raise a skill up two or more points, why bother wasting your time on this quest?

Third and final, why would Lord Vendredi send a capable adventurer to nearby locals in the first place? Wouldn't it be more efficient to send novices (60-60) or the rawer recruits (90-120) out to complete this particular task, rather than one who could venture into Vesuvius and slay some of the lesser minions of Vyst and bring back proof, or into the bowels of the Atlantean volcano to slay Furies? In my opinion, as Lord Vendredi is a toymaker, and he presumably works alone, efficiency most be the paramount thought in his head at all times. To get the most work done in the least amount of time, and done well, is the methodology of the toymaking industry.

I highly suggest added new phases to this quest, or dropping it down a class. Questing should be as it's name; a long journey filled with peril to complete a certain set of tasks for a reward. A short jaunt across town and through some safe mountains, via the road, doth not a quest make.

#15 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

I don't understand the obsession to make every quest really hard.

If Lord Vendredi wants to verify the quality of his weapons, of course he's going to get someone to do it for him. He surely won't do it himself because he's a lord.

#16 Drahylin

Drahylin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1175 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have some ideas on quests and how to change the system, but I'll refrain as I don't particularly care for people that hijack threads.

However, I will answer your question as concisely as possible.

I do not wish for every single quest to: run you through entire CPK zones, looking for a low repop item; force you to kill thirty obscenely difficult NPCs, each easily capable of destroying your frail mortal form; gather a large pile of items, many of them difficult to locate and obtain, probably from the NPcs previously mentioned; and/or to visit NPCs that are only reachable through the completion of a long and arduous mini-quest.

I do wish that quests would last a bit longer, so that you can't finish one in the 15 seconds listed above. I desire that they be semi-challenging, instead of asking an archon to destroy Sigil and visit Victoria Wurth, then return. I hope that they can live up to the name they've been given, instead of earning the ability to be nothing more than simple errands.

There are a few things that are not currently implemented that would be needed for my wants, but that wouldn't be much of a hurdle as they involve minimal coding.

#17 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

Well I suppose because you wish it, that's the way it should be.

I don't disagree that some quests should be more epic, but I don't see why there can't be easy ones too.

#18 Xarlia

Xarlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:59 AM

Evi. You know I <3 you.

Neverless, I am a lazy **** and wouldn't travel much for any quest, regardless of the rewards. I totally appreciate what you are saying, and it's my two cent that not everyone feels the same about effort vs risk.

#19 Karynn

Karynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

I agree with Vintara, there needs to be quests to suit each type of quester - larger, longer ones for better rewards and shorter, faster ones with minimal rewards.

If YOU don't like the simpler ones you have the same option to type 'quest complete' as the other questers do when faced with quests they don't like.

Furthermore, if YOU don't like the quests that are available write quests you DO like and submit them. It would be much more productive than the complaining you are doing here.

#20 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

(From Solus):
That doesn't really change the point of her statement. Some people prefer much easier quests for poor rewards, while others prefer better rewards for slightly more work.

Considering the vesuvius and diocletian quests could be done by a mid-late second classer depending on the actual quest, NEITHER OF YOU HAVE A POINT.

#21 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Although we have an admin clerk at work, sometimes I have to do my own photocopying.

#22 Morlack

Morlack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

This quest is so overly retarded I can't actually believe someone else than Solus actually thinks it should stay this way, you guys disappoint me.

#23 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

I'm not necessarly saying it should stay the way it is. I am saying some people prefer even easier quests, despite Evi's want to ignore this.

#24 Evighetens

Evighetens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

I don't argue that people do easier quests.

There's a difference between a group of people that do easy quests regardless of level and when the majority of people reliably refuse such quests because they are disgusted by the rewards, lack of challenge, both, or it simply isn't in their narrow spectrum of "favorites". And they want to do a quest unable to be accomplished by a level 25 and that is pretty much impossible when Admin refuses to implement a toggle for difficulty level when going through the quest pool during a request.

Until they add such a feature, I'm going to be vehemently against levels 120 and above having to do quests a level 25 could. Sorry.

#25 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

You don't have to apologise for having an opinion, you just have to accept that other people might not share it.