Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

A possible problem/oversite with securities.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

It has recently come to my attention that, given the securities, a clan member can take securities from those of a higher rank and even remove them from the clan (provided they're not an owner of course). I think that toggling of securities, and removal of members should check against rank first.

#2 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

it's the owner/leader her/his responsebility to know who to trust and who not do not give settings to ppl you barely know and even if you think you know them , never hand out settings like security , set rank , delmember and transfer unless the person is a owner

#3 Vlidash

Vlidash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

Yes, as it is now that is what must be done, I know that. But if you'd take a moment to think before you respond, you might wonder if it really makes sense for a person of a lower rank to be able to toggle folks that outrank them. It also gives clan leaders a bit more flexibility. And that's always good, right?

And to reiterate. I know, give the securities to people you trust blah blah blah. I get that.

#4 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

Rankings are primarily just ways of grouping security settings; they don't have any hierarchical value except what the clan leaders assign to them in terms of the security settings.

#5 Supernac

Supernac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

I say just know your clannies and trust only those you know WELL with things like setrank and delmem :boohoo:

#6 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

I wouldn't trust the members of 36 with anything that requires more understanding than that possessed by an infant.

Retarded clan is pretty retarded.

#7 Lilitu

Lilitu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1618 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

I blame Vlidash. :P